|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Don't Talk to Me about Matisse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of car did Mervyn and Doris ride in with their friends to the place where they were to be married?
2. How old was the fort, where the old governor's home was located?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 200 years.
(c) 250 years.
(d) 150 years.
3. What was the only thing Mervyn had to offer his parents and sister when they arrived in England?
(a) Sour milk.
(d) Dry toast.
4. What color was a church painted that Michael saw on Reclamation Street in Colombo?
5. What was Philip Ondaatje's occupation?
(b) Plantation owner.
(d) Factory owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. On page 24, what time was it when Michael sat in the old governor's home in Jaffna?
2. How old was Michael when he realized he had slipped past a childhood he had ignored and not understood?
3. How old was Michael when he left Ceylon?
4. When was D. H. Lawrence in Ceylon?
5. How long after dawn would the garden be a blaze of heat, frantic with noise and butterflies?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)