|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Don't Talk to Me about Matisse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Michael balance when he was drunk?
(a) Wine glass.
2. How many children did Michael's ancestor who first came to Ceylon have with his Sinhalese wife?
3. In what region of Ceylon was Jaffna located?
4. How tall were the doorways of the old governor's home?
(a) 20 ft.
(b) 14. ft.
(c) 7 ft.
(d) 6 ft.
5. When was Reverend Jurgen Ondaatje the translator and chaplain in Colombo?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was the uniform insurgents wore?
2. During what months did Michael's grandparents move to Nuwara Eliya?
3. How long after dawn would the garden be a blaze of heat, frantic with noise and butterflies?
4. How long had it been since Michael had been in Ceylon?
5. When was D. H. Lawrence in Ceylon?
This section contains 146 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)