|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Don't Talk to Me about Matisse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Philip Ondaatje die?
2. On page 79, where was the house located that Michael was sitting in?
(a) Beira Road.
(b) Glennie St.
(c) Malay St.
(d) Buller's Road.
3. How old was the fort, where the old governor's home was located?
(a) 200 years.
(b) 100 years.
(c) 150 years.
(d) 250 years.
4. As he awaited his approaching marriage, how long after Mervyn had returned to Ceylon did he announce another engagement?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 9 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 4 days.
5. When did Francis de Saram die?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Philip Ondaatje when he retired?
2. What color were the walls in the old governor's home when the Dutch first built the house?
3. Who did Mervyn become engaged to after his parents arrived in England unannounced?
4. What color was a church painted that Michael saw on Reclamation Street in Colombo?
5. In the section titled "Tongue," what hotel on the beach did Michael and several of the children walk to?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)