|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Don't Talk to Me about Matisse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Francis de Saram work?
(a) Tea plantation.
(b) Rubber estate.
(c) A bank.
(d) Government offices.
2. On page 79, where was the house located that Michael was sitting in?
(a) Glennie St.
(b) Beira Road.
(c) Malay St.
(d) Buller's Road.
3. When did Mervyn's parents discover he had not passed the entrance exams for the university?
(a) 1 year later.
(b) 2 1/2 years later.
(c) 1 1/2 years later.
(d) 3 years later.
4. How old was Michael when he realized he had slipped past a childhood he had ignored and not understood?
(b) Mid 30s.
(d) Mid 20s.
5. What covered the windows in homes in Ceylon?
(b) Delicate bars.
(d) Mosquito netting.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what ocean is Ceylon located?
2. What did men roll across the city?
3. What game did the insurgents play with Michael's younger sister Susan when they came to Rock Hill?
4. On their way to the December races, where would the Gasanawa group go swimming?
5. What color dress did the Dutch governor's daughter wear when she appeared as a ghost?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)