|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, A Fine Romance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mervyn and Doris marry?
2. What type of pet was in the room of the friend's house where Michael awoke from a dream?
3. How many yards did the porch run along the front of the old governor's home?
4. On page 24, what time was it when Michael sat in the old governor's home in Jaffna?
(a) 2:15 p.m.
(b) 4:00 p.m.
(c) 1:15 p.m.
(d) 3:00 p.m.
5. Where did Mervyn go to fight during a time when the university closed for vacation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Philip Ondaatje's occupation?
2. How many sentries guarded the entrance to the old governor's home?
3. What color were the walls in the old governor's home in Jaffna?
4. In what book did Michael read these words: "she had been forced into prudence in her youth--she learned romance as she grew older. . ."?
5. What did Francis de Saram hold in his hand as he died?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)