|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, A Fine Romance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what book did Michael read these words: "she had been forced into prudence in her youth--she learned romance as she grew older. . ."?
(c) Love and Friendship.
(d) Sense & Sensibility.
2. What type of pet was in the room of the friend's house where Michael awoke from a dream?
3. What was the only thing Mervyn had to offer his parents and sister when they arrived in England?
(c) Sour milk.
(d) Dry toast.
4. On their way to the December races, where would the Gasanawa group go swimming?
5. How tall were the doorways of the old governor's home?
(a) 7 ft.
(b) 6 ft.
(c) 14. ft.
(d) 20 ft.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of birds did Michael hear and see on a tree outside the old governor's house?
2. What color were the walls in the old governor's home in Jaffna?
3. How many sentries guarded the entrance to the old governor's home?
4. What would Michael balance when he was drunk?
5. What commission did Uncle Ned oversee while he was in Jaffna?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)