|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, A Fine Romance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near what continent is Ceylon located?
2. What was Philip Ondaatje's occupation?
(b) Factory owner.
(c) Plantation owner.
3. When did Philip Ondaatje die?
4. How tall were the doorways of the old governor's home?
(a) 7 ft.
(b) 6 ft.
(c) 20 ft.
(d) 14. ft.
5. What type of birds did Michael hear and see on a tree outside the old governor's house?
(a) Crows and white cranes.
(b) Black-hooded orioles and junglefowls.
(c) Indian Peafowl.
(d) Common Hill Myna.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Mervyn's parents discover he had not passed the entrance exams for the university?
2. Who did Mervyn become engaged to after his parents arrived in England unannounced?
3. What did Michael have to eat for lunch when he was at the old governor's home?
4. In Michael's dream that caused him to return to Ceylon, what would he see his father surrounded by?
5. What did men roll across the city?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)