|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, A Fine Romance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Philip Ondaatje die?
2. How old did Michael believe his mother was when she met Mervyn?
3. On their way to the December races, where would the Gasanawa group go swimming?
4. What color were the cement floors where Michael used to live?
5. How long did it take Mervyn's parents and sister to get to England by ship?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 18 days.
(d) 24 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much were bets on horse races if someone sat in the grandstand?
2. What did men roll across the city?
3. In Michael's dream that caused him to return to Ceylon, what would he see his father surrounded by?
4. What color were the walls in the old governor's home when the Dutch first built the house?
5. What was the only thing Mervyn had to offer his parents and sister when they arrived in England?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)