|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, A Fine Romance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On page 24, what time was it when Michael sat in the old governor's home in Jaffna?
(a) 2:15 p.m.
(b) 1:15 p.m.
(c) 4:00 p.m.
(d) 3:00 p.m.
2. In what book did Michael read these words: "she had been forced into prudence in her youth--she learned romance as she grew older. . ."?
(a) Love and Friendship.
(b) Sense & Sensibility.
3. What type of car did Mervyn and Doris ride in with their friends to the place where they were to be married?
4. How long was the train ride from Colombo to Jaffna?
(a) 6 hours.
(b) 7 hours.
(c) 8 hours.
(d) 5 hours.
5. In the introduction to Chapter 1, how long had there been a drought?
(a) Since December.
(b) Since March.
(c) Since April.
(d) Since November.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dance was perfected on a rock at Gasanawa?
2. How tall were the doorways of the old governor's home?
3. As he awaited his approaching marriage, how long after Mervyn had returned to Ceylon did he announce another engagement?
4. What was Philip Ondaatje's occupation?
5. When was Mervyn sent to England to go to college?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)