|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, A Fine Romance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color were the cement floors where Michael used to live?
2. How old was Michael when he left Ceylon?
3. At what university did Mervyn Ondaatje take entrance exams?
4. How long after dawn would the garden be a blaze of heat, frantic with noise and butterflies?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
5. What did Michael have to eat for lunch when he was at the old governor's home?
(a) Fried Rice.
(c) Egg plant curry.
(d) Crab curry.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Mervyn sent to England to go to college?
2. Near what continent is Ceylon located?
3. How old was Philip Ondaatje when he retired?
4. In what region of Ceylon was Jaffna located?
5. What did Francis de Saram hold in his hand as he died?
This section contains 141 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)