|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, A Fine Romance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many yards did the porch run along the front of the old governor's home?
2. What dance was perfected on a rock at Gasanawa?
(c) Lindy Hop.
(d) Fox Trot.
3. What type of birds did Michael hear and see on a tree outside the old governor's house?
(a) Black-hooded orioles and junglefowls.
(b) Crows and white cranes.
(c) Indian Peafowl.
(d) Common Hill Myna.
4. What was Philip Ondaatje's occupation?
(b) Factory owner.
(c) Plantation owner.
5. Who did Mervyn become engaged to while his parents thought he was a student?
(a) A Cambridge student.
(b) French heiress.
(c) Russian countess.
(d) A Duke's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color were the walls in the old governor's home when the Dutch first built the house?
2. What commission did Uncle Ned oversee while he was in Jaffna?
3. At what university did Mervyn Ondaatje take entrance exams?
4. What time did Mervyn's parents arrive at his apartment unannounced when they came to England to confront him?
5. In Michael's dream that caused him to return to Ceylon, what would he see his father surrounded by?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)