|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Eclipse Plumage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of birds did Michael hear and see on a tree outside the old governor's house?
(a) Crows and white cranes.
(b) Indian Peafowl.
(c) Black-hooded orioles and junglefowls.
(d) Common Hill Myna.
2. Who did Mervyn become engaged to while his parents thought he was a student?
(a) A Cambridge student.
(b) Russian countess.
(c) A Duke's daughter.
(d) French heiress.
3. When was governor's house built?
(b) Around 1700.
(d) Around 1600.
4. What was Philip Ondaatje's occupation?
(a) Factory owner.
(c) Plantation owner.
5. What did Francis de Saram hold in his hand as he died?
(c) Glass of alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Michael's Aunt Dolly weigh?
2. How tall was Michael's Aunt Dolly?
3. In the section titled "Tongue," what hotel on the beach did Michael and several of the children walk to?
4. At the time that Michael traveled to Ceylon, how old was his Aunt Dolly?
5. How old was the fort, where the old governor's home was located?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)