|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Eclipse Plumage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of a dowry did the woman have that Lalla tried to get her brother to marry?
(a) 40,000 rupees.
(b) 50,000 rupees.
(c) 30,000 rupees.
(d) 20,000 rupees.
2. What did Willie first attempt to raise when he lived at Palm Lodge?
3. What game did the insurgents play with Michael's younger sister Susan when they came to Rock Hill?
4. How old was the fort, where the old governor's home was located?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 200 years.
(c) 250 years.
(d) 150 years.
5. To how many hospitals did Lalla dedicate her body after her death?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Francis de Saram die?
2. When was D. H. Lawrence in Ceylon?
3. As he awaited his approaching marriage, how long after Mervyn had returned to Ceylon did he announce another engagement?
4. At the time that Michael traveled to Ceylon, how old was his Aunt Dolly?
5. During what months did Michael's grandparents move to Nuwara Eliya?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)