Chapter 1, Asian Rumours
1. In the introduction to Chapter 1, how long had there been a drought?
(a) Since November.
(b) Since April.
(c) Since March.
(d) Since December.
2. What did men roll across the city?
(b) Food carts.
3. How long had it been since Michael had been in Ceylon?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 20 years.
4. How old was Michael when he left Ceylon?
5. What covered the windows in homes in Ceylon?
(c) Delicate bars.
(d) Mosquito netting.
6. What color were the cement floors where Michael used to live?
7. How long after dawn would the garden be a blaze of heat, frantic with noise and butterflies?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
8. In Michael's dream that caused him to return to Ceylon, what would he see his father surrounded by?
(b) Men with guns.
(c) Friends drinking.
9. What type of pet was in the room of the friend's house where Michael awoke from a dream?
This section contains 3,104 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)