|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Richard and Dickie talk about how the differences between good and evil are ________________________.
(a) handed down through generations.
(b) written in sand.
(c) carved in stone.
(d) not always black and white.
2. Dickie suggests that there is probably a philosophy of bowling and ___________________ in addition to flight.
3. What is Richard doing at the beginning of Chapter 30?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Watching the news.
(c) Taking a nap.
(d) Eating dinner.
4. Richard tells Dickie that there are consequences of what he chooses to ________________.
5. Richard tells Dickie to let go of ____________________.
(a) childish thoughts.
(b) bad memories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Richard's response when Dickie asks him to tell him something that he needs to know more than anything?
2. What does Richard notice about the land that Dickie brought Richard to in his mind?
3. What did Richard once dread but now enjoys?
4. Richard encourages Dickie to be ______________ in his life choices.
5. In Chapter 36, Richard wonders if good and evil are related to ____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What example of coincidence does Richard use to show Dickie that he should run away from safety?
2. What does Richard now know that Bobby's death meant to him?
3. How does Richard mentally escape the charity ball in Chapter 20?
4. How does Richard turn around the negative feelings he had regarding attending the charity ball?
5. What name does Richard give for his religion when Dickie asks?
6. Why are Richard and Leslie at cross purposes regarding what to tell Dickie about love and marriage?
7. In what capacity was Dickie at the charity ball and why is Richard upset by Dickie's behavior there?
8. How does Richard use arithmetic to teach Dickie about life?
9. How does Richard view Dickie in Chapter 34 as opposed to seeing him as an imaginary friend in Chapter 33?
10. How are Dickie and Richard at odds regarding security?
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)