|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Richard once dread but now enjoys?
(c) Public speaking.
2. What does Richard wish his mother had done?
(a) Let him go on the Senior trip.
(b) Volunteered as a homeroom mother.
(c) Let him shave his head.
(d) Told him more about Bobby's death.
3. In Chapter 33, Richard tells Leslie that he is going to consider Dickie ______________________.
(a) his best friend.
(b) his imaginary pal.
(c) his devil's advocate.
(d) his conscience.
4. What does Richard tell Dickie about Dickie's future?
(a) He should travel before settling down.
(b) He needs to get a Master's Degree.
(c) He should let his destiny take control.
(d) He can be anyone he wants to be.
5. What is Richard's response when Dickie asks him to tell him something that he needs to know more than anything?
(a) Love is an experiment.
(b) People are crazy.
(c) Religion is necessary.
(d) Life is a game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard tells Dickie that humans are ____________________.
2. What is Richard doing when Dickie appears in Chapter 31?
3. What event does Richard attend in Chapter 20?
4. According to Richard, having a wife who is ________________ will make him a better person.
5. Richard puts a strong emphasis on building a life where one can find _________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What example of coincidence does Richard use to show Dickie that he should run away from safety?
2. How does Richard view Dickie in Chapter 34 as opposed to seeing him as an imaginary friend in Chapter 33?
3. What does Richard's attempts at getting Dickie to stay show about their relationship at this point?
4. What is a common theme in the book, and how does Richard use this factor to grow his character?
5. What is the basis of the conversation between Richard and Dickie regarding good and evil?
6. What name does Richard give for his religion when Dickie asks?
7. Why are Richard and Leslie at cross purposes regarding what to tell Dickie about love and marriage?
8. How are Dickie and Richard at odds regarding security?
9. What does Richard tell Dickie about his religious beliefs after the death of his brother?
10. How does Richard mentally escape the charity ball in Chapter 20?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)