|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Richard suggest to Dickie that Dickie should run away from __________________.
2. In Chapter 33, Richard tells Leslie that he is going to consider Dickie ______________________.
(a) his devil's advocate.
(b) his best friend.
(c) his imaginary pal.
(d) his conscience.
3. What is Richard's response when Dickie asks him to tell him something that he needs to know more than anything?
(a) Life is a game.
(b) People are crazy.
(c) Love is an experiment.
(d) Religion is necessary.
4. What does Richard do about Dickie's leaving?
(a) He tries to persuade him to stay.
(b) He tells him he should never have come.
(c) He tells him to come back in a few months.
(d) He tells him that he should visit other people.
5. Richard feels like __________________ at the event.
(b) Robin Hood.
(c) The Joker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dickie leaves Richard without _______________.
2. Which of the following is NOT a polarizing element on creativity particles?
3. What does Richard tell Dickie that Bobby's death meant to Richard?
4. What did Richard once dread but now enjoys?
5. Richard encourages Dickie to be ______________ in his life choices.
Short Essay Questions
1. What example does Richard give regarding taking a risk and doing something you love as opposed to doing what other people may think of as stability?
2. What is Richard's perspective on the possibility of Dickie's leaving?
3. Why does Richard use the word "different" to discuss marriage with Dickie?
4. What example of coincidence does Richard use to show Dickie that he should run away from safety?
5. What name does Richard give for his religion when Dickie asks?
6. What does Richard now know that Bobby's death meant to him?
7. How does Richard view Dickie in Chapter 34 as opposed to seeing him as an imaginary friend in Chapter 33?
8. What advice does Richard give Dickie about handling life's challenges?
9. How does Richard mentally escape the charity ball in Chapter 20?
10. What does Richard tell Dickie about his religious beliefs after the death of his brother?
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)