|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Richard tell Dickie to remember when Dickie asks about marriage?
2. In Chapter 38, Dickie tells Richard that Dickie has to make a decision about ___________________.
(a) which college to attend.
(b) who to take to the prom.
(c) whether or not to stick around.
(d) which car to buy.
3. What does Richard wish his mother had done?
(a) Volunteered as a homeroom mother.
(b) Told him more about Bobby's death.
(c) Let him shave his head.
(d) Let him go on the Senior trip.
4. Leslie is afraid that Richard is going to teach Dickie to be _________________.
5. Richard tells Dickie that Dickie should become __________________.
(a) a celebrity.
(b) a philanthropist.
(c) a ruler of his own choice.
(d) a local politician.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Richard, having a wife who is ________________ will make him a better person.
2. Richard tells Dickie that there are consequences of what he chooses to ________________.
3. Why does Richard feel like a hypocrite at the event?
4. What is the most important principle that Richard tries to convey to Dickie?
5. What is the name of Richard's plane?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Richard and Leslie at cross purposes regarding what to tell Dickie about love and marriage?
2. What is a common theme in the book, and how does Richard use this factor to grow his character?
3. What example of coincidence does Richard use to show Dickie that he should run away from safety?
4. In what capacity was Dickie at the charity ball and why is Richard upset by Dickie's behavior there?
5. What name does Richard give for his religion when Dickie asks?
6. How does Richard use the metaphor of games to explain life to Dickie?
7. At what point is Dickie's name changed to Dick?
8. Why does Richard use the word "different" to discuss marriage with Dickie?
9. What conclusion does Richard come to regarding himself and Dickie's leaving?
10. What does Richard's attempts at getting Dickie to stay show about their relationship at this point?
This section contains 1,205 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)