|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Richard tells Dickie that outside of space-time, Dickie is _____________________.
(a) connected to everything.
(b) a god.
(c) very intuitive.
(d) a mere mortal.
2. In Chapter 38, Richard realizes that Dickie has become more of a/an _______________ than a lost inner child.
3. Richard tells Dickie that there are consequences of what he chooses to ________________.
4. Chapter 23 opens with a memory of Dickie and his brother, ________________.
5. What subject does Leslie ask Richard if he is going to talk to Dickie about?
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard tells Dickie to let go of ____________________.
2. What is Richard doing when Dickie appears in Chapter 31?
3. What does Richard think is the secret of marriage?
4. In what state did Richard serve in the Air Force?
5. Leslie is afraid that Richard is going to teach Dickie to be _________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Richard use the word "different" to discuss marriage with Dickie?
2. What example does Richard give regarding taking a risk and doing something you love as opposed to doing what other people may think of as stability?
3. What example of coincidence does Richard use to show Dickie that he should run away from safety?
4. What is the basis of the conversation between Richard and Dickie regarding good and evil?
5. How does Richard turn around the negative feelings he had regarding attending the charity ball?
6. What does Richard recall about his brother, Bobby's, death?
7. What does Richard now know that Bobby's death meant to him?
8. What does Richard tell Dickie about his religious beliefs after the death of his brother?
9. What advice does Richard give Dickie about handling life's challenges?
10. What is Richard's perspective on the possibility of Dickie's leaving?
This section contains 1,261 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)