|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leslie points out that Richard probably has a lot in common with ______________.
(a) his college roommate.
(c) his brother.
2. Tiger Mountain is located near which American city?
3. What does Richard see from the air that the adult brain says it could not reasonably survive?
4. What is Richard's profession?
5. Richard tells Dickie that the two things necessary to get through life are the power of consent and ___________________.
(a) the purpose of happiness.
(b) good friends.
(d) a sense of humor.
Short Answer Questions
1. The cracked dry earth where Dickie lives symbolizes _______________________.
2. What is Dickie afraid that Richard will do?
3. What large item does Richard ask Dickie to recall?
4. Richard's wife feels that Dickie may help Richard _______________________.
5. Leslie recognizes that Richard does not really know how to talk to ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dickie manage to teach to Richard even though Richard is providing instruction during the flight?
2. What does Richard tell Dickie are the two things necessary to get through life?
3. When does Richard feel as if he has a connection with Dickie and what role has Dickie played in Richard's life?
4. Why is Dickie sad about giving the memories to Richard?
5. What is Richard's memory of the water tower?
6. When Leslie prods him, what memories does Richard recall that might be the source of Dickie's anger?
7. What is the landscape in which Richard finds Dickie in his mind and what does it symbolize?
8. What role do angels play in Richard's life?
9. Who is Sheperd and how does Richard encounter him?
10. What is the purpose of different people coming into Richard's life?
This section contains 1,193 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)