|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Dickie been kept inside Richard's mind?
(a) A wooden cell.
(b) A bubble.
(c) A basement.
(d) A vault.
2. Richard says that each memory symbolizes ___________________.
(a) a memory.
(b) a choice.
(c) a dream.
(d) a feeling.
3. Richard recalls meeting a woman who could _________________________.
(a) read his mind.
(b) make him cry.
(c) make a souffle.
(d) tell great jokes.
4. Which of the following is NOT part of the decoration in Dickie's room?
(c) Beatles posters.
5. Who does Richard take on an airplane ride in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard encourages Dickie to free himself from __________________.
2. What does Dickie aim at Richard in Richard's mind?
3. Dickie is Richard's ___________________.
4. Dickie is the age that Richard was when _______________________.
5. Richard recalls a fear of ___________________ as a boy.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard tell Dickie are the two things necessary to get through life?
2. What philosophy about numbers does Richard share with Dickie?
3. What does Richard want to do for Dickie and why will this be a daunting task?
4. Who is Dickie and what promise had Richard made to him long ago?
5. What is the purpose of different people coming into Richard's life?
6. What is the premise of RUNNING FROM SAFETY: AN ADVENTURE OF THE SPIRIT?
7. What conflict does Richard realize he has regarding relating to Dickie?
8. What is Richard's memory of the water tower?
9. What is the landscape in which Richard finds Dickie in his mind and what does it symbolize?
10. Describe what Richard sees when Leslie encourages him to remember when he was nine, right after his brother's death.
This section contains 1,121 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)