|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dickie suggests that there is probably a philosophy of bowling and ___________________ in addition to flight.
2. In Chapter 33, Richard tells Leslie that he is going to consider Dickie ______________________.
(a) his imaginary pal.
(b) his devil's advocate.
(c) his best friend.
(d) his conscience.
3. In what state did Richard serve in the Air Force?
4. Who changes Dickie's name to Dick after the death of his brother?
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His Boy Scout leader.
5. What name does Richard give the item in #134?
(a) He refuses to give it a name.
(b) It is a secret.
6. Who is Richard's friend in this memory?
7. In Chapter 21, Richard tells Leslie about a memory he has from what grade in school?
8. Why does Dickie's brother say he must stay smart?
(a) To make the Honor Roll.
(b) To get a better allowance.
(c) To get a scholarship.
(d) To lead the way for Dickie.
9. What word does Richard tell Dickie to remember when Dickie asks about marriage?
10. Where does Richard find Dickie as Richard heads out to do some paragliding in Chapter 34?
(a) Taking a bath.
(b) On a lush hilltop.
(c) Asleep in bed.
(d) Hiking in the woods.
11. Richard suggest to Dickie that Dickie should run away from __________________.
12. What does Leslie want Richard to tell Dickie that next time he sees him?
(a) She is afraid of him.
(b) She wants to talk to him.
(c) She admires him.
(d) She loves him.
13. Richard encourages Dickie to pretend that there is a god who ________________________.
(a) grants wishes.
(b) has a sense of humor.
(c) does not pass judgment.
(d) understands mortals.
14. Richard tells Dickie that humans are ____________________.
(a) flawed individuals.
(b) low life forms.
(c) extremely creative.
(d) greedy creatures.
15. What is the most important principle that Richard tries to convey to Dickie?
(a) What Goes Around Comes Around.
(b) You Can Rise Above the Pain.
(c) Life Is.
(d) Bad Stuff Happens to Good People.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard says that home to him is _______________________.
2. What is the name of Richard's plane?
3. What advice does Richard give to Dickie regarding life's storms?
4. Why does Richard feel like a hypocrite at the event?
5. Richard explains what he knows to Dickie by using _________________ metaphors.
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)