|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 38, Dickie tells Richard that Dickie has to make a decision about ___________________.
(a) who to take to the prom.
(b) which college to attend.
(c) whether or not to stick around.
(d) which car to buy.
2. What does Richard tell Dickie about Dickie's future?
(a) He should travel before settling down.
(b) He can be anyone he wants to be.
(c) He needs to get a Master's Degree.
(d) He should let his destiny take control.
3. Bobby's death taught Richard that an individual __________________________.
(a) is terrified of death.
(b) mourn for a long time.
(c) can lose his identity.
(d) can change destiny.
4. Richard encourages Dickie to make room for _______________________.
(a) the Bible.
(b) the Principle of Coincidence.
(c) the Law of Threes.
(d) the Golden Rule.
5. In Chapter 38, Dickie wants to know Richard's name for ___________________.
(a) his boat.
(b) his religion.
(c) his car.
(d) his bicycle.
6. What does Richard tell Dickie that Bobby's death meant to Richard?
(a) It meant that he was pitied at school.
(b) It meant that he was on his own.
(c) It meant that he got more Christmas gifts.
(d) It meant that he got a bigger bedroom.
7. Dickie leaves Richard without _______________.
(a) saying goodbye.
(b) apologizing to him.
(c) leaving an address.
(d) telling him he loves him.
8. Richard explains what he knows to Dickie by using _________________ metaphors.
9. What name does Richard give the item in #134?
(b) He refuses to give it a name.
(c) It is a secret.
10. Who changes Dickie's name to Dick after the death of his brother?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(d) His Boy Scout leader.
11. Dickie suggests that there is probably a philosophy of bowling and ___________________ in addition to flight.
12. Dickie is fearful of death and _______________________.
(d) the end of the world.
13. In what state did Richard serve in the Air Force?
14. Why does Richard feel like a hypocrite at the event?
(a) He does not support drugs.
(b) He does not like the host.
(c) He gives money to the competition.
(d) He flatters the rude hostess.
15. What is Richard doing at the beginning of Chapter 30?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Taking a nap.
(c) Watching the news.
(d) Eating dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 23 opens with a memory of Dickie and his brother, ________________.
2. Richard feels like __________________ at the event.
3. What is Richard doing when Dickie appears in Chapter 31?
4. Richard tells Dickie that humans are ____________________.
5. Richard encourages Dickie to pretend that there is a god who ________________________.
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)