|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Richard encourages Dickie to make room for _______________________.
(a) the Principle of Coincidence.
(b) the Law of Threes.
(c) the Golden Rule.
(d) the Bible.
2. Dickie suggests that there is probably a philosophy of bowling and ___________________ in addition to flight.
3. What is the most important principle that Richard tries to convey to Dickie?
(a) Life Is.
(b) What Goes Around Comes Around.
(c) You Can Rise Above the Pain.
(d) Bad Stuff Happens to Good People.
4. Which of the following is NOT a polarizing element on creativity particles?
5. What is Richard doing at the beginning of Chapter 30?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Taking a nap.
(c) Watching the news.
(d) Eating dinner.
6. What decision does Dickie make in Chapter 38?
(a) He decides to stay for a few more months.
(b) He decides to leave.
(c) He decides to remain forever.
(d) He decides to be more spiritual.
7. What name does Richard give the item in #134?
(a) It is a secret.
(b) He refuses to give it a name.
8. Which disease did Richard's brother die from?
(c) Heart disease.
9. Richard feels like __________________ at the event.
(b) The Joker.
(c) Robin Hood.
10. According to Richard, having a wife who is ________________ will make him a better person.
11. Who is Richard's friend in this memory?
12. What does Richard tell Dickie about Dickie's future?
(a) He needs to get a Master's Degree.
(b) He should travel before settling down.
(c) He can be anyone he wants to be.
(d) He should let his destiny take control.
13. What does Richard do that improves his enjoyment of the event?
(a) Focuses on his wife.
(b) Donates anonymously.
(c) Chats with an old friend.
(d) Has several cocktails.
14. What does Richard decide after Dickie leaves?
(a) He enjoys being a teacher.
(b) He has more time now.
(c) He is less of a person now.
(d) He will miss him forever.
15. Which of the following is NOT included in Richard's fantasy of escape from the event?
(a) Scrambling over rooftops.
(b) Dashing up staircases.
(c) Dumping his drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard puts a strong emphasis on building a life where one can find _________________.
2. Dickie is fearful of death and _______________________.
3. Dickie leaves Richard without _______________.
4. In Chapter 38, Dickie wants to know Richard's name for ___________________.
5. What job does Richard do after leaving the Air Force?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)