|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Richard tells Dickie that humans are ____________________.
(a) low life forms.
(b) flawed individuals.
(c) extremely creative.
(d) greedy creatures.
2. In Chapter 38, Dickie tells Richard that Dickie has to make a decision about ___________________.
(a) who to take to the prom.
(b) which car to buy.
(c) whether or not to stick around.
(d) which college to attend.
3. What word does Richard tell Dickie to remember when Dickie asks about marriage?
4. What does Richard notice about the land that Dickie brought Richard to in his mind?
(a) Tall trees are growing everywhere.
(b) There are flowers covering the earth.
(c) There is grass and signs of other growth.
(d) It looks as if it has been burned.
5. Which of the following is NOT included in Richard's fantasy of escape from the event?
(a) Scrambling over rooftops.
(c) Dashing up staircases.
(d) Dumping his drink.
6. Richard says that home to him is _______________________.
(a) full of bad memories.
(b) a place where he is known and loved.
(c) a place to store your stuff.
(d) a house of horrors.
7. Richard discovers that many people near him at the event are ________________.
8. Richard and Leslie discuss letting Dickie know about ___________________________.
(a) Richard's illness.
(b) the new baby.
(c) their plans to move.
(d) their fights and marriage lessons.
9. Which of the following is NOT a polarizing element on creativity particles?
10. Richard suggest to Dickie that Dickie should run away from __________________.
11. In Chapter 38, Dickie wants to know Richard's name for ___________________.
(a) his bicycle.
(b) his boat.
(c) his religion.
(d) his car.
12. What is the most important principle that Richard tries to convey to Dickie?
(a) You Can Rise Above the Pain.
(b) Life Is.
(c) Bad Stuff Happens to Good People.
(d) What Goes Around Comes Around.
13. Who changes Dickie's name to Dick after the death of his brother?
(a) His Boy Scout leader.
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
14. What is the name of Richard's plane?
15. Dickie wants Richard to talk to him like a __________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dickie's brother say he must stay smart?
2. Richard tells Dickie that there are consequences of what he chooses to ________________.
3. What decision does Dickie make in Chapter 38?
4. Richard tells Dickie that Dickie should become __________________.
5. Where does Richard find Dickie as Richard heads out to do some paragliding in Chapter 34?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)