|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 37, Dickie is becoming _________________ to Richard's mind.
(a) a nuisance.
(b) an inspiration.
(c) an afterthought.
(d) more integral.
2. Richard says that home to him is _______________________.
(a) full of bad memories.
(b) a place where he is known and loved.
(c) a house of horrors.
(d) a place to store your stuff.
3. In Chapter 21, Richard tells Leslie about a memory he has from what grade in school?
4. What name does Richard give the item in #134?
(a) It is a secret.
(c) He refuses to give it a name.
5. Bobby's death taught Richard that an individual __________________________.
(a) can lose his identity.
(b) mourn for a long time.
(c) is terrified of death.
(d) can change destiny.
6. In Chapter 36, Richard wonders if good and evil are related to ____________________.
(a) dark and light.
(b) joy and grief.
(c) generous and frugal.
(d) happy and sad.
7. Which of the following is NOT a polarizing element on creativity particles?
8. Why does Dickie's brother say he must stay smart?
(a) To get a better allowance.
(b) To lead the way for Dickie.
(c) To make the Honor Roll.
(d) To get a scholarship.
9. What decision does Dickie make in Chapter 38?
(a) He decides to remain forever.
(b) He decides to leave.
(c) He decides to be more spiritual.
(d) He decides to stay for a few more months.
10. According to Richard, having a wife who is ________________ will make him a better person.
11. Richard teaches Dickie about self preservation and _____________________.
(c) unconditional love.
12. Richard tells Dickie that Dickie should become __________________.
(a) a celebrity.
(b) a ruler of his own choice.
(c) a philanthropist.
(d) a local politician.
13. Richard tells Dickie that there are consequences of what he chooses to ________________.
14. Which of the following is NOT included in Richard's fantasy of escape from the event?
(b) Scrambling over rooftops.
(c) Dashing up staircases.
(d) Dumping his drink.
15. Richard suggest to Dickie that Dickie should run away from __________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dickie is fearful of death and _______________________.
2. What does Richard do about Dickie's leaving?
3. Richard feels like __________________ at the event.
4. What did Richard once dread but now enjoys?
5. Richard tells Dickie that humans are ____________________.
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)