|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Richard find Dickie as Richard heads out to do some paragliding in Chapter 34?
(a) Asleep in bed.
(b) On a lush hilltop.
(c) Taking a bath.
(d) Hiking in the woods.
2. Richard puts a strong emphasis on building a life where one can find _________________.
(d) financial security.
3. What event does Richard attend in Chapter 20?
(a) Football game.
(b) Charity ball.
(c) Christmas concert.
(d) Office party.
4. In Chapter 38, Dickie tells Richard that Dickie has to make a decision about ___________________.
(a) which college to attend.
(b) which car to buy.
(c) who to take to the prom.
(d) whether or not to stick around.
5. Richard and Leslie discuss letting Dickie know about ___________________________.
(a) Richard's illness.
(b) their fights and marriage lessons.
(c) the new baby.
(d) their plans to move.
6. Richard tells Dickie that outside of space-time, Dickie is _____________________.
(a) a god.
(b) connected to everything.
(c) very intuitive.
(d) a mere mortal.
7. What is the name of Richard's plane?
8. Who is Richard's friend in this memory?
9. Richard encourages Dickie to pretend that there is a god who ________________________.
(a) has a sense of humor.
(b) understands mortals.
(c) grants wishes.
(d) does not pass judgment.
10. Why does Richard feel like a hypocrite at the event?
(a) He flatters the rude hostess.
(b) He does not support drugs.
(c) He does not like the host.
(d) He gives money to the competition.
11. What is the most important principle that Richard tries to convey to Dickie?
(a) What Goes Around Comes Around.
(b) Life Is.
(c) You Can Rise Above the Pain.
(d) Bad Stuff Happens to Good People.
12. What is Richard's response when Dickie asks him to tell him something that he needs to know more than anything?
(a) Life is a game.
(b) People are crazy.
(c) Religion is necessary.
(d) Love is an experiment.
13. Richard recalls that there were ________________________ in leaving security behind.
(a) many painful lessons.
(b) great benefits.
(c) many regrets.
(d) several reasons.
14. What does Richard notice about the land that Dickie brought Richard to in his mind?
(a) There is grass and signs of other growth.
(b) There are flowers covering the earth.
(c) Tall trees are growing everywhere.
(d) It looks as if it has been burned.
15. Dickie suggests that there is probably a philosophy of bowling and ___________________ in addition to flight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard do that improves his enjoyment of the event?
2. Richard encourages Dickie to make room for _______________________.
3. What job does Richard do after leaving the Air Force?
4. What state does Richard live in in this memory?
5. What does Richard do about Dickie's leaving?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)