|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shepherd reminds Richard that Richard has a passion for _________________ when he was young.
2. Tiger Mountain is located near which American city?
3. When Richard returns home in Chapter 11, he feels as if he is acting ____________________.
4. When explaining the different levels that make up his whole being, Richard tells Dickie that he envisions himself as ______________________.
(a) the coach of a football team.
(b) the captain of a ship.
(c) a focus group leader.
(d) a corporate executive.
5. The cracked dry earth where Dickie lives symbolizes _______________________.
(a) open space for ideas.
(b) lack of creativity.
(c) the desert of Richard's childhood.
(d) financial restrictions.
6. Who does Richard take on an airplane ride in Chapter 10?
7. What does Richard think about as he jumps off the mountain to paraglide?
(a) The lesson that paragliding would be for Dickie.
(b) Where he will land.
(c) How strong the wind is.
(d) Where his friends are.
8. Even though Richard tells Dickie that he did not mean to lock Dickie away, Dickie ______________________.
(a) hates Richard.
(b) does not believe him.
(c) is hurt.
(d) is angry.
9. What does Richard do with the book?
(a) Tears it up.
(b) Puts it on a shelf.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Throws it in the trash.
10. What does Dickie think that Richard is going to do with him in Chapter 12?
(a) Send him to live with someone else.
(b) Spank him.
(c) Take away his video games.
(d) Lock him in the room again.
11. Where has Dickie been kept inside Richard's mind?
(a) A basement.
(b) A wooden cell.
(c) A vault.
(d) A bubble.
12. Richard encourages Dickie to defy convention and __________________.
(a) make a lot of money.
(b) be an artist.
(c) just be.
(d) never get married.
13. Richard states that people come into his life at strange times to _______________________.
(a) loan him money.
(b) offer lessons.
(c) aggravate him.
(d) offer him jobs.
14. Richard learns that the desert around him is created by ____________________.
(a) repressed memories.
15. Over what body of water does Richard paraglide?
(a) Lake Erie.
(b) Mississippi River.
(c) Puget Sound.
(d) Atlantic Ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dickie wants to know if Richard's _______________________ has/have taught him how things work.
2. What does Dickie do when he sees Richard in his thoughts?
3. What does Dickie do at the end of the flight in Chapter 10?
4. In Chapter 17, Richard is hanging out with his friends named Mike and _________________.
5. Dickie is Richard's ___________________.
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)