|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dickie is Richard's ___________________.
(a) inner child.
(c) imaginary friend.
(d) unborn child.
2. When explaining the different levels that make up his whole being, Richard tells Dickie that he envisions himself as ______________________.
(a) a corporate executive.
(b) the coach of a football team.
(c) a focus group leader.
(d) the captain of a ship.
3. Richard tells his wife what it feels like to ____________________.
(a) hit a home run.
(b) climb a mountain.
(c) look at the world like a child again.
(d) win a race.
4. In Chapter 17, Richard is hanging out with his friends named Mike and _________________.
5. Richard encourages Dickie to defy convention and __________________.
(a) just be.
(b) make a lot of money.
(c) never get married.
(d) be an artist.
6. What does Richard want to tell Dickie in Chapter 6?
(a) That he should study harder.
(b) That he needs to eat his vegetables.
(c) That everything will be all right.
(d) That baseball is the best sport.
7. What does Richard's wife think about Dickie?
(a) She thinks Richard should connect with him.
(b) She thinks Richard has gone off the deep end.
(c) She thinks Dickie is a great character for a movie.
(d) She thinks Richard should not dwell on the past.
8. Where has Dickie been kept inside Richard's mind?
(a) A bubble.
(b) A wooden cell.
(c) A basement.
(d) A vault.
9. What does Richard think about as he jumps off the mountain to paraglide?
(a) How strong the wind is.
(b) The lesson that paragliding would be for Dickie.
(c) Where his friends are.
(d) Where he will land.
10. Why will it be difficult for Richard to teach anything to Dickie?
(a) Richard has poor communication skills.
(b) Dickie does not want to open up.
(c) Dickie is a know-it-all.
(d) Dickie is dead.
11. What is Richard doing with friends on Tiger Mountain?
12. Richard learns that the desert around him is created by ____________________.
(b) repressed memories.
13. What does Dickie think that Richard is going to do with him in Chapter 12?
(a) Take away his video games.
(b) Send him to live with someone else.
(c) Lock him in the room again.
(d) Spank him.
14. Leslie points out that Richard probably has a lot in common with ______________.
(a) his brother.
(c) his college roommate.
15. Dickie wants to know if Richard's _______________________ has/have taught him how things work.
(c) fifty extra years of experience on earth.
(d) advanced degree.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Richard feel when he looks through the book?
2. The cracked dry earth where Dickie lives symbolizes _______________________.
3. What is the name of Richard's airplane?
4. Tiger Mountain is located near which American city?
5. Who is Shepherd?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)