|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Richard recalls meeting a woman who could _________________________.
(a) make a souffle.
(b) read his mind.
(c) make him cry.
(d) tell great jokes.
2. What name does Dickie now want to be called?
3. In order to check the water level in the water tower, Richard had to climb up a tall ladder ______________________.
(a) on a fire truck.
(b) on the tower.
(c) by his house.
(d) on the windmill.
4. What promise does Richard not remember making to his younger self?
(a) To travel the world.
(b) To write a book.
(c) To get married.
(d) To get a Master's Degree.
5. Richard's wife feels that Dickie may help Richard _______________________.
(a) learn how to speak French.
(b) remember his way around problems.
(c) be more spiritual.
(d) get some joy in his life.
6. Richard admits that he has a tendency to ___________________ when things get difficult.
(c) run away.
7. Dickie is curious about what it is like ____________________.
(a) to go to college.
(b) to drive a car.
(c) to be in love.
(d) to fly.
8. What does Richard respond when Dickie asks Richard's age?
(a) Older than Methuselah.
(b) Older than dirt.
(c) Old enough to know better.
(d) Numbers are not important.
9. What does Richard say is the principle of the universe?
(a) If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
(b) Life is.
(c) The early bird gets the worm.
(d) Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
10. Who is Richard's wife?
11. Leslie points out that Richard probably has a lot in common with ______________.
(a) his college roommate.
(b) his brother.
12. Dickie is the age that Richard was when _______________________.
(a) he got his driver's license.
(b) he fell in love.
(c) his brother died.
(d) he was on the hockey team.
13. Why will it be difficult for Richard to teach anything to Dickie?
(a) Richard has poor communication skills.
(b) Dickie is a know-it-all.
(c) Dickie does not want to open up.
(d) Dickie is dead.
14. When explaining the different levels that make up his whole being, Richard tells Dickie that he envisions himself as ______________________.
(a) the captain of a ship.
(b) a focus group leader.
(c) a corporate executive.
(d) the coach of a football team.
15. When Richard is trying to find Dickie, Richard's mind is described as ___________________.
(a) a cloudless sky.
(b) a whirling dervish.
(c) a kaleidoscope.
(d) a desolate landscape.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dick?
2. Richard learns that the desert around him is created by ____________________.
3. Shepherd asks Richard to sign a book for whom?
4. Richard encourages Dickie to defy convention and __________________.
5. Where has Dickie been kept inside Richard's mind?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)