|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the angel at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) He is walking behind Richard.
(b) He is by Richard's side.
(c) He is watching Richard from above.
(d) He has disappeared.
2. Who shows up in Richard's life to teach him lessons?
(a) His mother.
(b) A priest.
(d) His conscience.
3. Richard says that each memory symbolizes ___________________.
(a) a feeling.
(b) a choice.
(c) a dream.
(d) a memory.
4. Dickie wants to know if Richard's _______________________ has/have taught him how things work.
(c) advanced degree.
(d) fifty extra years of experience on earth.
5. How old was Richard when his brother died?
6. What does Richard respond when Dickie asks Richard's age?
(a) Older than dirt.
(b) Old enough to know better.
(c) Numbers are not important.
(d) Older than Methuselah.
7. What was Richard's nickname as a boy?
8. What does Richard's wife think about Dickie?
(a) She thinks Richard has gone off the deep end.
(b) She thinks Richard should not dwell on the past.
(c) She thinks Dickie is a great character for a movie.
(d) She thinks Richard should connect with him.
9. What is the name of Richard's airplane?
(b) Fresh Aire.
(c) Cloud Rider.
10. Shepherd asks Richard to sign a book for whom?
(c) His son.
(d) His wife.
11. What name does Dickie now want to be called?
12. What does Richard see from the air that the adult brain says it could not reasonably survive?
13. What does Richard think about as he jumps off the mountain to paraglide?
(a) Where his friends are.
(b) Where he will land.
(c) How strong the wind is.
(d) The lesson that paragliding would be for Dickie.
14. Over what body of water does Richard paraglide?
(a) Lake Erie.
(b) Atlantic Ocean.
(c) Puget Sound.
(d) Mississippi River.
15. In Chapter 13, Dickie hands Richard a memory of ____________________.
(b) a water tower.
(d) a birthday party.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Richard returns home in Chapter 11, he feels as if he is acting ____________________.
2. What does Dickie do at the end of the flight in Chapter 10?
3. When Richard is trying to find Dickie, Richard's mind is described as ___________________.
4. What is Richard doing with friends on Tiger Mountain?
5. As he prepares to go out, Richard mentally expresses disgust for _________________.
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)