|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to check the water level in the water tower, Richard had to climb up a tall ladder ______________________.
(a) on a fire truck.
(b) on the windmill.
(c) by his house.
(d) on the tower.
2. In Chapter 17, Richard is hanging out with his friends named Mike and _________________.
3. What name does Dickie now want to be called?
4. Richard tells Dickie that the two things necessary to get through life are the power of consent and ___________________.
(a) a sense of humor.
(b) good friends.
(c) the purpose of happiness.
5. Richard's wife feels that Dickie may help Richard _______________________.
(a) learn how to speak French.
(b) get some joy in his life.
(c) remember his way around problems.
(d) be more spiritual.
6. The cracked dry earth where Dickie lives symbolizes _______________________.
(a) financial restrictions.
(b) the desert of Richard's childhood.
(c) lack of creativity.
(d) open space for ideas.
7. Where is the angel at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) He has disappeared.
(b) He is watching Richard from above.
(c) He is walking behind Richard.
(d) He is by Richard's side.
8. Shepherd asks Richard to sign a book for whom?
(a) His wife.
(b) His son.
9. Dickie is curious about what it is like ____________________.
(a) to go to college.
(b) to be in love.
(c) to fly.
(d) to drive a car.
10. Even though Richard tells Dickie that he did not mean to lock Dickie away, Dickie ______________________.
(a) is angry.
(b) does not believe him.
(c) hates Richard.
(d) is hurt.
11. What does Richard want to tell Dickie in Chapter 6?
(a) That he needs to eat his vegetables.
(b) That baseball is the best sport.
(c) That he should study harder.
(d) That everything will be all right.
12. Which of the following is NOT part of the decoration in Dickie's room?
(a) Beatles posters.
13. In Chapter 17, Richard tells a story about hanging out with friends who want to ___________________.
(a) travel the world.
(b) smoke cigarettes.
(c) join the army.
(d) drink beer.
14. What does Dickie think that Richard is going to do with him in Chapter 12?
(a) Lock him in the room again.
(b) Spank him.
(c) Take away his video games.
(d) Send him to live with someone else.
15. How does Richard feel when he looks through the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard respond when Dickie asks Richard's age?
2. Dickie wants to know if Richard's _______________________ has/have taught him how things work.
3. What does Dickie do when he sees Richard in his thoughts?
4. Who is Shepherd?
5. Where has Dickie been kept inside Richard's mind?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)