|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dickie is curious about what it is like ____________________.
(a) to fly.
(b) to be in love.
(c) to drive a car.
(d) to go to college.
2. Richard recalls a fear of ___________________ as a boy.
(c) climbing up the water tank.
3. Where has Dickie been kept inside Richard's mind?
(a) A basement.
(b) A bubble.
(c) A wooden cell.
(d) A vault.
4. Shepherd states that time is ______________________.
(a) just across the street.
5. When Richard is trying to find Dickie, Richard's mind is described as ___________________.
(a) a whirling dervish.
(b) a cloudless sky.
(c) a kaleidoscope.
(d) a desolate landscape.
6. Dickie is the age that Richard was when _______________________.
(a) his brother died.
(b) he was on the hockey team.
(c) he got his driver's license.
(d) he fell in love.
7. Richard thinks it is important to ______________________.
(a) get a Master's Degree.
(b) find something you love and learn about it.
(c) learn to speak a foreign language.
(d) love your parents.
8. Leslie recognizes that Richard does not really know how to talk to ___________________.
(d) His father.
9. What does Richard think about as he jumps off the mountain to paraglide?
(a) The lesson that paragliding would be for Dickie.
(b) Where he will land.
(c) Where his friends are.
(d) How strong the wind is.
10. Dickie wants to know if Richard's _______________________ has/have taught him how things work.
(b) advanced degree.
(d) fifty extra years of experience on earth.
11. Richard learns that the desert around him is created by ____________________.
(a) repressed memories.
12. What is Dickie's reaction when Richard's friends want him to do something he does not want to do in Chapter 17?
(a) He cries.
(b) He walks away.
(c) He throws a fit.
(d) He laughs.
13. Richard encourages Dickie to defy convention and __________________.
(a) just be.
(b) make a lot of money.
(c) never get married.
(d) be an artist.
14. Richard's wife feels that Dickie may help Richard _______________________.
(a) be more spiritual.
(b) get some joy in his life.
(c) remember his way around problems.
(d) learn how to speak French.
15. Leslie points out that Richard probably has a lot in common with ______________.
(a) his college roommate.
(c) his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Richard's nickname as a boy?
2. In Chapter 13, Dickie hands Richard a memory of ____________________.
3. What is Dickie afraid that Richard will do?
4. Over what body of water does Richard paraglide?
5. As he prepares to go out, Richard mentally expresses disgust for _________________.
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)