|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard think about as he jumps off the mountain to paraglide?
(a) How strong the wind is.
(b) Where his friends are.
(c) The lesson that paragliding would be for Dickie.
(d) Where he will land.
2. In Chapter 17, Richard is hanging out with his friends named Mike and _________________.
3. The cracked dry earth where Dickie lives symbolizes _______________________.
(a) open space for ideas.
(b) lack of creativity.
(c) the desert of Richard's childhood.
(d) financial restrictions.
4. Who is Shepherd?
(a) A ski instructor.
(b) A barista.
(c) A teaching angel.
(d) A physician.
5. What does Richard see from the air that the adult brain says it could not reasonably survive?
6. What does Dickie think that Richard is going to do with him in Chapter 12?
(a) Spank him.
(b) Take away his video games.
(c) Send him to live with someone else.
(d) Lock him in the room again.
7. Who is Richard's wife?
8. Who is Dick?
(a) Dickie's conscience.
(b) A blend of Dickie and Richard.
(c) Leslie's father.
(d) Richard's father.
9. What is the name of Richard's airplane?
(b) Fresh Aire.
(d) Cloud Rider.
10. What large item does Richard ask Dickie to recall?
(a) A mall.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A water tower.
(d) A blimp.
11. Dickie is the age that Richard was when _______________________.
(a) he fell in love.
(b) his brother died.
(c) he was on the hockey team.
(d) he got his driver's license.
12. Leslie recognizes that Richard does not really know how to talk to ___________________.
(b) His father.
13. Even though Richard tells Dickie that he did not mean to lock Dickie away, Dickie ______________________.
(a) hates Richard.
(b) is angry.
(c) is hurt.
(d) does not believe him.
14. Richard states that people come into his life at strange times to _______________________.
(a) loan him money.
(b) aggravate him.
(c) offer him jobs.
(d) offer lessons.
15. Leslie points out that Richard probably has a lot in common with ______________.
(b) his brother.
(c) his college roommate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tiger Mountain is located near which American city?
2. In order to check the water level in the water tower, Richard had to climb up a tall ladder ______________________.
3. What does Richard respond when Dickie asks Richard's age?
4. What is Dickie's reaction when Richard's friends want him to do something he does not want to do in Chapter 17?
5. What does Dickie aim at Richard in Richard's mind?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)