|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Richard's wife feels that Dickie may help Richard _______________________.
(a) learn how to speak French.
(b) be more spiritual.
(c) get some joy in his life.
(d) remember his way around problems.
2. Richard learns that the desert around him is created by ____________________.
(a) repressed memories.
3. Dickie is Richard's ___________________.
(b) imaginary friend.
(c) unborn child.
(d) inner child.
4. When Richard returns home in Chapter 11, he feels as if he is acting ____________________.
5. Who is the only person who Dick feels he can rely on?
6. Who shows up in Richard's life to teach him lessons?
(a) His mother.
(b) His conscience.
(d) A priest.
7. Shepherd asks Richard to sign a book for whom?
(a) His son.
(c) His wife.
8. What does Richard see from the air that the adult brain says it could not reasonably survive?
9. Where is the angel at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) He has disappeared.
(b) He is by Richard's side.
(c) He is walking behind Richard.
(d) He is watching Richard from above.
10. Richard tells Dickie that the two things necessary to get through life are the power of consent and ___________________.
(a) the purpose of happiness.
(b) good friends.
(c) a sense of humor.
11. What does Dickie do when he sees Richard in his thoughts?
(a) Slaps him.
(d) Shoots him.
12. In Chapter 17, Richard tells a story about hanging out with friends who want to ___________________.
(a) drink beer.
(b) smoke cigarettes.
(c) join the army.
(d) travel the world.
13. When Richard is trying to find Dickie, Richard's mind is described as ___________________.
(a) a desolate landscape.
(b) a cloudless sky.
(c) a kaleidoscope.
(d) a whirling dervish.
14. How old was Richard when his brother died?
15. What is Dickie's reaction when Richard's friends want him to do something he does not want to do in Chapter 17?
(a) He walks away.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He cries.
(d) He throws a fit.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, Richard is hanging out with his friends named Mike and _________________.
2. Richard states that people come into his life at strange times to _______________________.
3. Which of the following is NOT addressed in RUNNING FROM SAFETY: AN ADVENTURE OF THE SPIRIT?
4. In Chapter 13, Dickie hands Richard a memory of ____________________.
5. What does Richard want to tell Dickie in Chapter 6?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)