Intro through Chapter 9
• Richard is a 59-year-old writer who looks back in the Introduction to discover what life is about.
• Richard recalls a time when he was walking at night and a woman approached him and started discussing what he was thinking by listening to his own mind.
• Richard points out that people come into his life at strange times, offering lessons for different events.
• In Chapter 1, Richard is paragliding with friends at Tiger Mountain near Seattle, Washington.
• Upon reaching land, Richard accepts a ride from a man named Shepherd, who tells Richard that he is a teaching angel and that he knew Richard as a boy when he was known as Dickie.
• Richard does not remember much about his youth and Shepherd reminds him that he used to love writing.
• Shepherd reminds Richard of a promise Richard had made to Dickie that Richard would write a book...
This section contains 1,778 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)