|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Rita Scimeca usually go to bed?
2. How many hours will Reacher and then Harper drive to a town near Portland, Oregon?
3. Which composer wrote the more cheerful piece of music that Rita plays at Reacher's request?
4. How long does Blake say that the FBI will provide round-the-clock guards for the remaining seven women?
5. How long does the unknown colonel have to wait in Chapter 20 before his plane leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the killer get into Rita's car?
2. How does the killer steal a cell phone?
3. How does Stavely, the pathologist at Quantico, believe that the women were murdered?
4. What happened to Kruger in the Gulf War?
5. Why doesn't Reacher believe that Kruger is the killer?
6. In Chapter 27, why is Rita upset with the local cop who is guarding her?
7. How does Reacher believe that the killer travels to the places where the murders occur?
8. Why does Reacher say that Rita Scimeca was a real tough cookie?
9. Why isn't Bob McGuire or anyone else stealing weapons anymore?
10. Why is John Leighton willing to help Reacher?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the views that Reacher and Lamarr hold regarding criminal profiling. Use examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the author used red herrings in the novel to make it difficult for characters and the reader to identify the killer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss the reasons why Reacher left the Army.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)