|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harper give Reacher before she leaves Portland?
2. What color is everything in the apartment where Petrosian's men live?
3. What color garbage bag does the killer give Rita?
4. What is the first store that Rita goes into in Chapter 27?
5. What other part of Alison's body showed a slight crack?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the killer, what are the advantages of trying to kill someone in a mountainous area?
2. In Chapter 27, why is Rita upset with the local cop who is guarding her?
3. How does the police officer watching Rita's house get his lunch?
4. Why does Reacher say that Rita Scimeca was a real tough cookie?
5. How was Alison Lamarr's body removed from her house and brought to Quantico?
6. Why is the door to the x-ray room in the pathology lab at Quantico heavily lined with lead?
7. Where does Reacher believe that the weapons are being stolen from?
8. How does the killer steal a cell phone?
9. Why does Reacher say that Lamarr cried when she started questioning the motive for the murders?
10. Why does the bartender at the roadhouse tell Reacher and Harper they will have a long wait for Bob?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Jodie and Harper using examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the pros and cons Reacher considers when he thinks about inheriting his house. Use examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Argue whether the inciting force in the novel is the murders or is the incident at the restaurant. Use examples from the novel to support your position.
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)