|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Bob?
2. How many guns did Petrosian's men buy each time when they purchased weapons from a guy named Bob?
3. How much does the dress cost that Jodie wears at her partnership party?
4. What type of car did the guy drive who provided Petrosian's men with weapons?
5. What does Rita make for the cop who is watching the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Reacher believe may be the motive for the killings?
2. What did the UPS driver say Alison did when she took delivery of the washing machine box?
3. Why does Reacher say that Rita Scimeca was a real tough cookie?
4. How does Stavely, the pathologist at Quantico, believe that the women were murdered?
5. Why did Reacher leave the Army?
6. What happened to Kruger in the Gulf War?
7. How did Julia Lamarr get her victims to cooperate with her?
8. How did Petrosian's men who Reacher beat up at the beginning of the novel, get the weapons they carried?
9. Why does Reacher say that the interstates were built?
10. Why does Reacher say that Lamarr cried when she started questioning the motive for the murders?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the author used red herrings in the novel to make it difficult for characters and the reader to identify the killer.
Essay Topic 2
Argue whether there are two protagonists in the novel. Use examples from the book to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Argue whether the inciting force in the novel is the murders or is the incident at the restaurant. Use examples from the novel to support your position.
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)