|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of gloves is Lamarr wearing?
2. When was Bob arrested by military policeman at the roadhouse?
3. What color hair does Rita have?
4. How do Reacher and Harper fly back to Portland in Chapter 27?
5. What does Rita buy at a hardware store?
Short Essay Questions
1. What puzzle regarding the murders does Reacher mention as he and Harper drive to Rita's home?
2. How did Julia Lamarr get her victims to cooperate with her?
3. Why doesn't Reacher believe that Kruger is the killer?
4. How was Alison Lamarr's body removed from her house and brought to Quantico?
5. Where does Reacher believe that the weapons are being stolen from?
6. Why does Reacher say that Rita Scimeca was a real tough cookie?
7. How did the Army rotate the purchase of staff cars?
8. According to the killer, what are the advantages of trying to kill someone in a mountainous area?
9. What does Reacher believe may be the motive for the killings?
10. How does the killer get into Rita's car?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Argue whether the inciting force in the novel is the murders or is the incident at the restaurant. Use examples from the novel to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the reasons why Jodie chose a civilian lifestyle. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the author used red herrings in the novel to make it difficult for characters and the reader to identify the killer.
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)