|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles will Reacher and Harper drive to a town near Portland, Oregon?
2. How long does it take Harper and Reacher to drive from the army base where they interviewed Bob to Quantico?
3. How many times did Petrosian's men buy weapons from someone named Bob at a bar in New Jersey?
4. What river do Reacher and Harper keep crossing on their drive to Rita Scimeca's house?
5. How many women does Reacher think Lamarr planned to kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Reacher believe that the weapons are being stolen from?
2. Why does Reacher say that the interstates were built?
3. How does the killer get into Rita's car?
4. Why does the bartender at the roadhouse tell Reacher and Harper they will have a long wait for Bob?
5. Why does a military chaplain come to see Rita?
6. Why does Reacher say that Rita Scimeca was a real tough cookie?
7. What happened to Kruger in the Gulf War?
8. How did the Army rotate the purchase of staff cars?
9. What opinions are given for the scratches that are on Alison's face when the body is examined at Quantico?
10. How was Alison Lamarr's body removed from her house and brought to Quantico?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the pros and cons Reacher considers when he thinks about inheriting his house. Use examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the murderer's true motive for the killings.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss how owning property made Reacher feel and why he felt he had to sell everything.
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)