• Jack Reacher involuntarily becomes the center of an FBI investigation into the murders of former Army personnel.
• An FBI profiler believes a man like Reacher is the killer and that it is Reacher's job to set things right.
• While Reacher waits in an Italian restaurant for his girlfriend Jodie Jacob to finish work, he sees two men threatening the owner.
• Other than one couple, Reacher is alone in the restaurant.
• When the men leave, Reacher asks the owner to tell him what is going on.
• The owner states that he has to pay protection to stay in business.
• Reacher leaves, goes to an office supply store, and returns to the restaurant.
• When the two men return, Reacher tells them he is the business manager and asks them to meet him in the alley where he will handle the payoff.
• In the alley, Reacher attacks and disables...
This section contains 4,109 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)