|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rankin Fitch demand to know?
(a) Why they are talking about the jurors.
(b) Why they are meeting in such a public place.
(c) Why they are still working through the weekend.
(d) Why they still don't know about all of the jurors.
2. Why does Fitch get excited when he sees Fernandez holding a copy of Sports Illustrated?
(a) He knows the jury is distracted and not focused on the case.
(b) He realizes the jury can be bought.
(c) He knows that Marlee is a liar.
(d) It was a special signal just between Fernandez and Fitch.
3. What is Fitch waiting for nervously in his office?
(a) Easter to send him a note.
(b) His briefcase to be moved.
(c) Marlee to call him.
(d) Court to start for the day.
4. What does Wendall Rohr promise to prove in his opening statement?
(a) That smoking is not addictive.
(b) That smoking causes cancer.
(c) That smoking does not cause cancer.
(d) That smoking is addictive.
5. What stance does Durwood Cable take as he begins to talk to the potential jurors?
(a) That smoking is addictive.
(b) That jurors must believe the defense more than the plaintiff.
(c) That people choose to smoke.
(d) That they must be willing to settle for large payouts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the beginning of Chapter 2 take place?
2. What does Marlee ask one of the deputies to do?
3. What agency did Swanson previously work for?
4. Why does Fitch want to find the girl who wrote the note?
5. Which of the following is not true about the character Carl Nussman?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)