|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rusty-James do for the first time when Motorcycle Boy opens all the cages?
2. Later that night, Motorcycle Boy breaks into what building?
3. Who is with Motorcycle Boy when he leaves his apartment and breaks in?
4. While on the beach, to what does Rusty-James listen as Steve talks?
5. How does Rusty-James think of Steve now?
Essay Topic 1
Interpret the meaning of Motorcycle Boy's comment that he "never crossed the river" when asked if he saw the ocean in California. How does this exemplify the Motorcycle Boy's life choices? Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and to provide evidence for your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
What is the importance of Rusty-James' knife scar? Why is this an important detail about his character? Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and to provide evidence for your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Abuse and neglect is very much a part of "Rumble Fish." Compare and contrast how Rusty-James and Steve each react to the abuse and neglect they incur on the part of their parents, people who are charged with taking care of them. Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and to provide evidence for your opinion.
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)