|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rusty-James' father say about Motorcycle Boy when Rusty-James asks if they are crazy?
2. What does Motorcycle Boy tell Rusty-James scares him about their mother?
3. What does Motorcycle Boy tell Rusty-James the strip's colors look like to him?
4. Who dies in the last gang rumble?
5. What does Steve do when he notices what is playing on the screen at the movie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Rusty-James' hero worship of his brother, Motorcycle Boy, valid? Does Motorcycle Boy warrant such devout worship from Rusty-James? Why or why not? Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and to provide evidence for your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Interpret the meaning of Motorcycle Boy's comment that he "never crossed the river" when asked if he saw the ocean in California. How does this exemplify the Motorcycle Boy's life choices? Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and to provide evidence for your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
"Rumble Fish" is told using a frame, a story in which the main story takes place in the past and is introduced and concluded by chapters set in the present. What it the purpose of using a frame story, and how is it effective in "Rumble Fish?"
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)