Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If there were still gangs, why does Smokey believe he would be president of a gang?
2. What reason does Motorcycle Boy give to Rusty-James for not drinking?
3. What does Motorcycle Boy do right in the middle of the last rumble?
4. What does Steve say Rusty-James would do to the people in the neighborhood if he went back?
5. Rusty-James says seeing Steve again was like seeing what?
Essay Topic 1
Steve is Rusty-James' best friend and confidante, but he is also Rusty-James' foil. Explain how Steve is the opposite of, or the foil to, Rusty-James' character.
Essay Topic 2
"Rumble Fish" is told using a frame, a story in which the main story takes place in the past and is introduced and concluded by chapters set in the present. What it the purpose of using a frame story, and how is it effective in "Rumble Fish?"
Essay Topic 3
Rusty-James is the protagonist of "Rumble Fish." He may also be an anti-hero. Do you think he is a protagonist or anti-hero? Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and to provide evidence for your opinion.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)