|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steve's father do when Steve comes home after 10 o'clock?
2. Who does Rusty-James often says forgets about him?
3. While at Benny's, who does Rusty-James believe still loves him?
4. What does Motorcycle Boy tell Rusty-James the strip's colors look like to him?
5. What does Rusty-James take with him when he walks across the bridge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rusty-James is the protagonist of "Rumble Fish." He may also be an anti-hero. Do you think he is a protagonist or anti-hero? Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and to provide evidence for your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Abandonment is another theme that is integral to the storyline of "Rumble Fish." Choose one of the characters (e.g., Rusty-James, Steve, Motorcycle Boy, Rusty-James' father,) and analyze how he reacts to being abandoned throughout the story. Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and to provide evidence for your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
At the onset of the flashback, gang violence has been all but stopped due to Motorcycle Boy. Rusty-James hangs on to the "rules" and becomes furious when the rules are broken. At the same time, Rusty-James wants to be like Motorcycle Boy. Explain how Rusty-James' actions contradict his goal. Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and to provide evidence for your opinion.
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)