Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If there were still gangs, why does Smokey believe he would be president of a gang?
2. What reason does Motorcycle Boy give to Rusty-James for not drinking?
3. What does Motorcycle Boy do right in the middle of the last rumble?
4. What does Steve say Rusty-James would do to the people in the neighborhood if he went back?
5. Rusty-James says seeing Steve again was like seeing what?
Interpret the meaning of Motorcycle Boy's comment that he "never crossed the river" when asked if he saw the ocean in California. How does this exemplify the Motorcycle Boy's life choices? Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and to provide evidence for your opinion.
"Rumble Fish" is told using a frame, a story in which the main story takes place in the past and is introduced and concluded by chapters set in the present. What it the purpose of using a frame story, and how is it effective in "Rumble Fish?"
Rusty-James is the protagonist of "Rumble Fish." He may also be an anti-hero. Do you think he is a protagonist or anti-hero? Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and to provide evidence for your opinion.
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)