Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If there were still gangs, why does Smokey believe he would be president of a gang?
2. What reason does Motorcycle Boy give to Rusty-James for not drinking?
3. What does Motorcycle Boy do right in the middle of the last rumble?
4. What does Steve say Rusty-James would do to the people in the neighborhood if he went back?
5. Rusty-James says seeing Steve again was like seeing what?
Essay Topic 1
Abandonment is another theme that is integral to the storyline of "Rumble Fish." Choose one of the characters (e.g., Rusty-James, Steve, Motorcycle Boy, Rusty-James' father,) and analyze how he reacts to being abandoned throughout the story. Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and to provide evidence for your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why, and how, Rusty-James succeeds in reaching his goal of becoming like his brother, Motorcycle Boy, by novel's end. Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and to provide evidence for your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
In"Rumble Fish," Rusty-James describes Steve as a sincere rabbit. What is the significance of the metaphor? What does it reveal about Steve as a character? What does the author want to convey about both Rusty-James and Steve? Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and to provide evidence for your opinion.
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)