|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Motorcycle Boy tell Rusty-James the strip's colors look like to him?
2. In the present, what does Steve invite Rusty-James to do as he stands on the beach?
3. Rusty-James says seeing Steve again was like seeing what?
4. What does Rusty-James steal from the drugstore?
5. In Chapter 7, whom does Steve worry Rusty-James will become?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the perspective of distance between the past and the present affect the main protagonist, Rusty-James? Analyze how Rusty-James' character has/has not changed during the five years since the night of the knife fight.
Essay Topic 2
Rusty-James is the protagonist of "Rumble Fish." He may also be an anti-hero. Do you think he is a protagonist or anti-hero? Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and to provide evidence for your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
"Rumble Fish" is told using a frame, a story in which the main story takes place in the past and is introduced and concluded by chapters set in the present. What it the purpose of using a frame story, and how is it effective in "Rumble Fish?"
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)