|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Later that night, Motorcycle Boy breaks into what building?
2. About what does Rusty-James think when someone steps out of the darkness in the ally?
3. Who does Rusty-James want to see from the front booth?
4. What does Rusty-James do when Smokey tells him he would not be president of the gangs?
5. What does Motorcycle Boy do right in the middle of the last rumble?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Abuse and neglect is very much a part of "Rumble Fish." Compare and contrast how Rusty-James and Steve each react to the abuse and neglect they incur on the part of their parents, people who are charged with taking care of them. Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and to provide evidence for your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Underage drinking, gambling, and smoking are a part of Rusty-James' everyday life. Analyze how these events alter Rusty-James' life and impact his interaction with those around him. How do these indulgences derail his life? Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and to provide evidence for your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Steve is Rusty-James' best friend and confidante, but he is also Rusty-James' foil. Explain how Steve is the opposite of, or the foil to, Rusty-James' character.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)