|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Rusty-James tell everyone at Benny's?
2. While on the beach, to what does Rusty-James listen as Steve talks?
3. What happens to Rusty-James after he tells the doctor he is not going to the hospital?
4. What does Motorcycle Boy do right in the middle of the last rumble?
5. Who does Rusty-James say he will look like when he gets older?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In"Rumble Fish," Rusty-James describes Steve as a sincere rabbit. What is the significance of the metaphor? What does it reveal about Steve as a character? What does the author want to convey about both Rusty-James and Steve? Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and to provide evidence for your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Underage drinking, gambling, and smoking are a part of Rusty-James' everyday life. Analyze how these events alter Rusty-James' life and impact his interaction with those around him. How do these indulgences derail his life? Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and to provide evidence for your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
The role of women in "Rumble Fish" is one of disappointment and negativity. Select one of the female characters (e.g., Cassandra, Patty, Motorcycle Boy's and Rusty-James' mom,) and define how their representation is a reflection of Rusty-James' attitude. Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and to provide evidence for your opinion.
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)