|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rusty-James do when Smokey tells him he would not be president of the gangs?
2. While on the beach, to what does Rusty-James listen as Steve talks?
3. What does Rusty-James take with him when he walks across the bridge?
4. Rusty-James says seeing Steve again was like seeing what?
5. Where does Rusty-James go after he wakes up with a bad headache?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Interpret the meaning of Motorcycle Boy's comment that he "never crossed the river" when asked if he saw the ocean in California. How does this exemplify the Motorcycle Boy's life choices? Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and to provide evidence for your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Rusty-James is the protagonist of "Rumble Fish." He may also be an anti-hero. Do you think he is a protagonist or anti-hero? Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and to provide evidence for your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
How does the perspective of distance between the past and the present affect the main protagonist, Rusty-James? Analyze how Rusty-James' character has/has not changed during the five years since the night of the knife fight.
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)