Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If there were still gangs, why does Smokey believe he would be president of a gang?
2. What reason does Motorcycle Boy give to Rusty-James for not drinking?
3. What does Motorcycle Boy do right in the middle of the last rumble?
4. What does Steve say Rusty-James would do to the people in the neighborhood if he went back?
5. Rusty-James says seeing Steve again was like seeing what?
Rusty-James and Steve are best friends. Compare and contrast how each character reacts to violence and living in the neighborhood.
Part 1) Compare how Rusty-James and Steve react to violence and living in the poverty-stricken neighborhood.
Part 2) Contrast how Rusty-James and Steve behave at the at the fight with Biff.
Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and to provide evidence for your opinion.
What is the significance of Steve's being on vacation, going to school, and having a steady girlfriend at the onset of the novel? Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and to provide evidence for your opinion.
How does the perspective of distance between the past and the present affect the main protagonist, Rusty-James? Analyze how Rusty-James' character has/has not changed during the five years since the night of the knife fight.
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)