Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If there were still gangs, why does Smokey believe he would be president of a gang?
2. What reason does Motorcycle Boy give to Rusty-James for not drinking?
3. What does Motorcycle Boy do right in the middle of the last rumble?
4. What does Steve say Rusty-James would do to the people in the neighborhood if he went back?
5. Rusty-James says seeing Steve again was like seeing what?
Essay Topic 1
Rusty-James and Steve are best friends. Compare and contrast how each character reacts to violence and living in the neighborhood.
Part 1) Compare how Rusty-James and Steve react to violence and living in the poverty-stricken neighborhood.
Part 2) Contrast how Rusty-James and Steve behave at the at the fight with Biff.
Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and to provide evidence for your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
At the onset of the flashback, gang violence has been all but stopped due to Motorcycle Boy. Rusty-James hangs on to the "rules" and becomes furious when the rules are broken. At the same time, Rusty-James wants to be like Motorcycle Boy. Explain how Rusty-James' actions contradict his goal. Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and to provide evidence for your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
The role of women in "Rumble Fish" is one of disappointment and negativity. Select one of the female characters (e.g., Cassandra, Patty, Motorcycle Boy's and Rusty-James' mom,) and define how their representation is a reflection of Rusty-James' attitude. Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and to provide evidence for your opinion.
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)