|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rusty-James love for certain?
(b) The Motorcycle Boy.
(c) His father.
2. Where does Rusty-James go at midnight?
(a) He goes to the lake with Smokey.
(b) He goes out with the Motorcycle Boy.
(c) He goes to Benny's.
(d) He goes to Patty's house.
3. What is one thing Rusty-James thinks he needs if he goes to Cleveland High?
(b) A machine gun.
(c) Good grades.
(d) New clothes.
4. What does Rusty-James do the morning after he has gone to the lake with Smokey?
(a) Eats breakfast.
(b) Sleeps until noon.
(c) Drinks a cup of coffee.
(d) Changes clothes.
5. In Chapter 5, when Rusty-James arrives home the next morning, whom does his father say has gone looking for him?
(b) A cop.
6. Where is Rusty-James at the onset of the novel?
(a) The hotel.
(b) The city.
(c) The reformatory.
(d) The beach.
7. What is the time frame when chapter two begins?
(a) Five years later.
(b) Four years earlier.
(c) Six years later.
(d) Six years earlier.
8. Around midnight, what does Rusty-James do with Smokey and his cousins?
(c) Play pool.
(d) Drink beer and swim.
9. Which character's face is beaten into a bloody pulp by Rusty-James in the fight in the lot?
(c) Motorcycle Boy's.
10. What weapon does Biff bring to the fight?
(a) A taser.
(b) A gun.
(c) A baseball bat.
(d) A knife.
11. Why does Rusty-James allow Steve to say the things he does?
(a) Steve is his cousin.
(b) Steve is his best friend.
(c) Steve is his brother.
(d) Steve is always right.
12. What happens to Rusty-James when he is at Patty's house?
(a) He is attacked.
(b) He leaves quickly.
(c) He eats a lot.
(d) He falls asleep.
13. What does Rusty-James do at lunch with Smokey and B.J.?
(a) He sits with Steve.
(b) He leaves school.
(c) He loses fifty cents in a poker game.
(d) He eats.
14. Whose gang is waiting at the end of the vacant lot?
(c) Motorcycle Boy's.
15. Who joins Rusty-James at the site to fight Biff?
(a) Smokey and B.J.
(c) Motorcycle Boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rusty-James think the picture of Motorcycle Boy resembles?
2. What is Rusty-James doing when Chapter 2 opens?
3. What does Patty's mother do for a living?
4. Who shows up white-faced at Benny's after school?
5. What do Rusty-James' father and Motorcycle Boy sometimes do that Rusty-James wishes they would not do?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)