|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bothers Rusty-James about the situation with Biff?
(a) Biff is sleeping in class.
(b) Biff is mad for a stupid reason.
(c) Biff is happy.
(d) Biff is stealing things.
2. How does Motorcycle Boy get his name?
(a) He builds motorcycles.
(b) He owns motorcycles.
(c) He likes motorcycles.
(d) He races motorcycles.
3. What is the time frame when chapter two begins?
(a) Five years later.
(b) Six years later.
(c) Four years earlier.
(d) Six years earlier.
4. How much does someone offer Motorcycle Boy to kill someone?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Four hundred dollars.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) Five hundred dollars.
5. What has Cassandra done previously at Rusty-James' school?
(a) Clean classrooms.
(b) Student teach.
(c) Serve food.
(d) Drive school buses.
6. What does Patty do when her mother is at work?
(a) Watches movies.
(c) Washes clothes.
(d) Babysits her three little brothers.
7. Who joins Rusty-James at the site to fight Biff?
(b) Smokey and B.J.
(c) Motorcycle Boy.
8. What is Motorcycle Boy doing when Rusty-James finds him at the drugstore?
(a) Eating candy bars.
(c) Stealing candy bars.
(d) Looking at a magazine.
9. When Rusty-James goes home from school, who does he meet on the staircase?
(b) Motorcycle Boy.
(c) His father.
10. How does Motorcycle Boy get a motorcycle?
(a) He builds it.
(b) He steals it.
(c) He rents it.
(d) He buys it.
11. When Patty breaks up with Rusty-James, what happens to his chest?
(a) His chest is fine.
(b) His chest burns.
(c) There is a tightening there.
(d) His chest hurts.
12. Who thinks he is tougher than Rusty-James?
13. What relationship does Biff have with Rusty-James' friends?
(a) They used to be friends.
(b) They used to be gang allies.
(c) They are family.
(d) They used to be rivals.
14. What does Rusty-James think he is going to do when Patty breaks up with him?
15. What kind of story is "Rumble Fish?"
(a) A horror story.
(b) A frame story.
(c) A novella.
(d) A short story.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Rusty-James go to the lake?
2. What name does Rusty-James' father call him?
3. Whom does Steve want Rusty-James to meet?
4. When Motorcycle Boy leaves, why is Rusty-James afraid?
5. What is Rusty-James doing when Chapter 2 opens?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)