|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows up white-faced at Benny's after school?
2. Where does Biff want to meet Rusty-James?
(a) A vacant lot behinid the pet store.
(b) An alley behind the pet store.
(c) At school.
(d) At his house.
3. Who is quiet as they wait for Biff in Chapter 3?
(d) Motorcycle Boy.
4. What one thing so worries Rusty-James that he cannot think about his future?
5. Where is Rusty-James at the beginning of chapter two?
(a) At home.
(b) At a restaurant.
(c) At Benny's.
(d) At school.
6. When Rusty-James wakes up after passing out, who does he find at home reading a book?
(a) The Motorcycle Boy.
(d) His mom.
7. When Rusty-James goes home from school, who does he meet on the staircase?
(a) His father.
(b) Motorcycle Boy.
8. Around midnight, what does Rusty-James do with Smokey and his cousins?
(a) Drink beer and swim.
(d) Play pool.
9. What happens to Rusty-James when his attention is diverted from Biff?
(a) Biff escapes.
(b) Biff passes out.
(c) Biff stabs him.
(d) Biff laughs.
10. What does Rusty-James find to eat in the apartment?
(c) Sardines and crackers.
11. To whose territory does Cleveland High School belong?
(b) Motorcycle Boy.
(d) Biff Wilcox.
12. What kind of story is "Rumble Fish?"
(a) A novella.
(b) A horror story.
(c) A short story.
(d) A frame story.
13. What does Rusty-James do the morning after he has gone to the lake with Smokey?
(a) Eats breakfast.
(b) Drinks a cup of coffee.
(c) Sleeps until noon.
(d) Changes clothes.
14. What is Rusty-James doing when Chapter 2 opens?
(a) Playing pool.
15. How old is Motorcycle Boy?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, when Rusty-James arrives home the next morning, whom does his father say has gone looking for him?
2. What scares Rusty-James about Motorcycle Boy?
3. What does Rusty-James think he is going to do when Patty breaks up with him?
4. Why does Rusty-James not want to talk about the good old days?
5. What does Rusty-James have running down his side?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)