|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire watch Jack doing with a knife?
2. What does Jack say as he points the shotgun at his family?
3. Who is the family angry at for not taking proper care of Jack?
4. What does Jack tell Truscott he is embarrassed to hear?
5. What two characters run off to see who Jack's gunshot hit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
THE RULING CLASS is a play. What are the differences between a play and a novel in terms of the following:
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)