|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jack say the family want to get rid of?
2. What does Jack fire his shot gun at in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What kind of accent does Claire put on in Act 2, Scene 6?
4. What exciting news does Dindale have to tell everyone?
5. What color are the clothes Jack is wearing in Scene 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Jack and Charles.
1) What is their relationship to each other?
2) How are their ideas different?
3) How do their differences in opinion prove to be destructive?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)