|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grace tell Tucker to serve to the two women?
2. Why does Jack say he wants to stay outside?
3. What does Jack persuade the two women to join him in doing?
4. What two characters run off to see who Jack's gunshot hit?
5. Who does Charles call an idiot in Act 2, Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
THE RULING CLASS is a play. What are the differences between a play and a novel in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)