|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Charles call an idiot in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. Why does McKyle say he, and not Jack, is God?
3. What color are the clothes Jack is wearing in Scene 7?
4. Who does Grace apologize for to the two women?
5. Who does Grace claim has saved the family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Jack's character to the person he was at the beginning of the play to the person he is at the end.
1) What did Jack hope to achieve aboard the ship?
2) What events changes Jack ideas about life?
3) How has Jack's character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)