|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attacks Jack?
2. Who is the family angry at for not taking proper care of Jack?
3. To what serial killer does Jack compare himself?
4. What do the family hear from outside?
5. As who does Kyle introduce himself?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
THE RULING CLASS is a play. What are the differences between a play and a novel in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Jack's illness affected one of the following areas in his life:
2. Social life.
3. Intimate relationships.
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)