|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McKyle fire at Jack?
2. Where does Truscott say he hopes to see Jack?
3. What do the family hear from outside?
4. Why does McKyle say he, and not Jack, is God?
5. What does Grace tell Tucker to serve to the two women?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Jack and Charles.
1) What is their relationship to each other?
2) How are their ideas different?
3) How do their differences in opinion prove to be destructive?
Essay Topic 2
What are the arguments for and against the class system? What are Barnes' opinions on the class system and how does he express them? Why do you think he holds these opinions? Do you agree or disagree with Barnes?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)