|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack persuade the two women to join him in doing?
2. What kind of accent does Claire put on in Act 2, Scene 6?
3. Why does McKyle say he, and not Jack, is God?
4. What kind of transport does Tucker say he needs to catch?
5. What falls from the sky in Act 2, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Jack's character to the person he was at the beginning of the play to the person he is at the end.
1) What did Jack hope to achieve aboard the ship?
2) What events changes Jack ideas about life?
3) How has Jack's character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
What are the arguments for and against the class system? What are Barnes' opinions on the class system and how does he express them? Why do you think he holds these opinions? Do you agree or disagree with Barnes?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)