|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the audience hear singing off stage?
2. What does Herder tell the family they should not rush?
3. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
4. What falls from the sky in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. How does Claire ask Jack to speak to her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Jack's character to the person he was at the beginning of the play to the person he is at the end.
1) What did Jack hope to achieve aboard the ship?
2) What events changes Jack ideas about life?
3) How has Jack's character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Jack's illness affected one of the following areas in his life:
2. Social life.
3. Intimate relationships.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)