|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack fire his shot gun at in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What do the two women say Jack is under his eccentricities?
3. What does Jack say he now realizes is his name?
4. Who waits with Jack to see if he is okay?
5. Why does McKyle say he, and not Jack, is God?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the construction of Barnes' argument.
1) How does he introduce his ideas?
2) How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3) What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Barnes' argument?
Essay Topic 2
What problems do Jack's generation face? How are the problems for Jack's generation different to the problems his father's generation face? Identify and discuss a significant problem facing your generation.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Jack and Charles.
1) What is their relationship to each other?
2) How are their ideas different?
3) How do their differences in opinion prove to be destructive?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)