|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What kind of state does Dinsdale say Tucker was in when he discovered Claire's body?
3. For what does Jack apologize to his family?
4. Who says she thinks Jack is recovering?
5. Who waits with Jack to see if he is okay?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Jack's character to the person he was at the beginning of the play to the person he is at the end.
1) What did Jack hope to achieve aboard the ship?
2) What events changes Jack ideas about life?
3) How has Jack's character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Examine upper class life.
1) How do people in the British upper classes view life?
2) What influence have the British upper classes had on popular culture?
3) How does the author express both the negative and positive aspects of British upper class life?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)