|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two middle class women think the government should reinstate?
2. What falls from the sky in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does McKyle fire at Jack?
4. Who does Grace claim has saved the family?
5. What does McKyle say everything he eats turn into?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the arguments for and against the class system? What are Barnes' opinions on the class system and how does he express them? Why do you think he holds these opinions? Do you agree or disagree with Barnes?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Jack's character to the person he was at the beginning of the play to the person he is at the end.
1) What did Jack hope to achieve aboard the ship?
2) What events changes Jack ideas about life?
3) How has Jack's character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)