|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Truscott say is his opinion on Jack's mental state?
2. What does Jack fire his shot gun at in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Grace tell Charles she would rather be dead than become?
4. As who does Kyle introduce himself?
5. Who decides to keep Jack company while the two women are shown around the estate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Jack's illness affected one of the following areas in his life:
2. Social life.
3. Intimate relationships.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)