|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what does McKyle shape his hands?
2. What does McKyle fire at Jack?
3. In what kind of clothes does Tucker dress Jack?
4. Who waits with Jack to see if he is okay?
5. What two characters run off to see who Jack's gunshot hit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
What problems do Jack's generation face? How are the problems for Jack's generation different to the problems his father's generation face? Identify and discuss a significant problem facing your generation.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)