|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says she thinks Jack is recovering?
2. What does Jack persuade the two women to join him in doing?
3. What kind of bird has Jack killed?
4. What does Truscott have in his silver box?
5. What does Jack say he wants his family to call him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In 1972, THE RULING CLASS was made into a film starring Peter O'Toole. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant six years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Essay Topic 2
THE RULING CLASS is a play. What are the differences between a play and a novel in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)