|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to keep Jack company while the two women are shown around the estate?
2. What have all the characters recently celebrated?
3. What does Jack tell Grace is the best thing he has ever done?
4. What does McKyle have on his forehead?
5. Of what political party do the police say Tucker is a member?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Jack and Charles.
1) What is their relationship to each other?
2) How are their ideas different?
3) How do their differences in opinion prove to be destructive?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Compare Jack's character to the person he was at the beginning of the play to the person he is at the end.
1) What did Jack hope to achieve aboard the ship?
2) What events changes Jack ideas about life?
3) How has Jack's character changed by the end of the novel?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)