|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who waits with Jack to see if he is okay?
2. What kind of song do Jack and Truscott sing?
3. What does McKyle fire at Jack?
4. What do the characters hear in the silence that follows Jack's attack?
5. What does Truscott have in his silver box?
Essay Topic 1
Examine upper class life.
1) How do people in the British upper classes view life?
2) What influence have the British upper classes had on popular culture?
3) How does the author express both the negative and positive aspects of British upper class life?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Jack and Charles.
1) What is their relationship to each other?
2) How are their ideas different?
3) How do their differences in opinion prove to be destructive?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)