|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Claire send Dinsdale to find?
2. What is the name of the Earl's son?
3. Why does Claire think Charles wanted Grace to marry the 13th Earl?
4. Who does Jack say owns the cross?
5. What kind of hospital is Dr. Herder in charge of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tucker say he thinks about Jack and the family?
2. What does Dr. Herder say is wrong with Jack?
3. How does Jack respond when Herder accuses him of killing Claire?
4. What does Grace tell Jack about her past?
5. How does Jack kill Claire?
6. What reference does Jack make to Jack the Ripper in Act 2, Scene 4?
7. What does Herder say he is researching?
8. How does Herder excuse Jack's strange behavior at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 16?
9. What is Herder's opinion on Jack and Grace's wedding?
10. What is Jack's philosophy?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Jack's life:
1. His father.
4. Dr. Herder.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Jack and Charles.
1) What is their relationship to each other?
2) How are their ideas different?
3) How do their differences in opinion prove to be destructive?
This section contains 1,306 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)