|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special day does Jack say it is in Act 1, Scene 11?
2. What is Tucker's opinion on Jack?
3. What is the name of the Earl's son?
4. Who does Tucker announce?
5. What is the name of Sir Charles' wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Charles respond to Claire's death?
2. What does Jack think may prohibit his marriage to Grace?
3. What is Jack's philosophy?
4. What does Grace tell Charles about her night with Jack?
5. What are Grace and Charles' opinions of Claire?
6. How does Jack try to prove to Dinsdale he is God?
7. What does Claire say is the only way Herder can change the situation?
8. Why does Jack say he cannot get married again?
9. Why does McKyle say he is the High Voltage Messiah?
10. How does Barnes introduce Jack into the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Replace the play's setting with one of the following settings:
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 1,254 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)