|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of alcohol is in the bottle Tucker is holding?
2. What is the name of the Earl's manservant?
3. What is Tucker's opinion on Jack?
4. To whom has the Earl left his estate?
5. What language does Jack speak to Grace?
Short Essay Questions
1. What part of upperclass life does Claire tell Jack she finds difficult?
2. What does Jack say he regrets in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. How does Barnes introduce Jack into the play?
4. What does Jack propose a toast to in Scene 13?
5. How does Jack win over Truscott?
6. What is Herder's opinion on Jack and Grace's wedding?
7. How does Jack scare the two women?
8. How does Jack respond when Herder accuses him of killing Claire?
9. How does Jack express his happiness in Scene 11?
10. What does Grace tell Charles about her night with Jack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Jack's illness affected one of the following areas in his life:
2. Social life.
3. Intimate relationships.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Jack and Charles.
1) What is their relationship to each other?
2) How are their ideas different?
3) How do their differences in opinion prove to be destructive?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)