|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of hospital is Dr. Herder in charge of?
2. What does Claire tell Dinsdale he needs to learn to make if he is going to become a member of Parliament?
3. What does Charles say is the only way they can get Jack out of the way?
4. What does Dinsdale tell Jack about?
5. Who does Jack say he last kissed in a garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Herder's opinion on Jack and Grace's wedding?
2. Why did Charles want Grace to marry the 13th Earl?
3. What does Grace tell Jack about her past?
4. How does Jack kill Claire?
5. How does the Earl kill himself?
6. How does Jack respond when Claire tells him he is not God?
7. How does Claire flirt with Herder at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
8. How does Jack excuse God's behavior towards some people?
9. How does Tucker respond to Claire's death?
10. How does Jack kill Grace at the end of the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine upper class life.
1) How do people in the British upper classes view life?
2) What influence have the British upper classes had on popular culture?
3) How does the author express both the negative and positive aspects of British upper class life?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)