|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Grace to the wedding?
2. What does Jack explain to Claire?
3. What does Claire congratulate Herder in getting?
4. What does Jack think there would no more of if people just felt their feelings and loved?
5. What does Jack say the brilliant light helped him to understand?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack prove the carelessness of the upper classes in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What does Grace tell Charles about her night with Jack?
3. How does Barnes introduce Jack into the play?
4. How does Jack kill Claire?
5. Why did Charles want Grace to marry the 13th Earl?
6. How does Jack respond when Herder accuses him of killing Claire?
7. How does Charles respond to Claire's death?
8. What are the characters' opinions in declaring Jack insane?
9. How does Jack express his happiness in Scene 11?
10. What do Herder and Claire accuse each other of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Jack's life:
1. His father.
4. Dr. Herder.
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)