|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of miracle does Dinsdale say he wants to see?
2. What does Charles say is the only way his family can keep its reputation?
3. What do Claire and Dr. Herder discuss?
4. What kind of person does Grace say Claire is?
5. What kind of hospital is Dr. Herder in charge of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack win over Truscott?
2. How does Charles respond to Claire's death?
3. Why does Dinsdale want Jack to open the village fair?
4. How does Jack express his happiness in Scene 11?
5. What does the conversation between the Earl and Tucker reveal about the Earl's situation?
6. How does Barnes introduce Jack into the play?
7. Why did Charles want Grace to marry the 13th Earl?
8. Why does Herder think Jack think he is God?
9. How do Charles and Grace try to convince Jack that Grace is Marguerite?
10. What does Jack say he regrets in Act 2, Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
What problems do Jack's generation face? How are the problems for Jack's generation different to the problems his father's generation face? Identify and discuss a significant problem facing your generation.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the construction of Barnes' argument.
1) How does he introduce his ideas?
2) How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3) What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Barnes' argument?
This section contains 1,338 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)