Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack try to levitate?
2. Why does the Earl want to marry Grace?
3. Who does Jack say he last kissed in a garden?
4. What does Herder tell Charles was illegal?
5. Who does Jack say wants Grace?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack try to control himself in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. How does Tucker help the Earl prepare?
3. Why did Charles want Grace to marry the 13th Earl?
4. What does Tucker say he thinks about Jack and the family?
5. What do the Gurney family and the bishop discuss after the Earl's funeral?
6. How do Charles and Grace try to convince Jack that Grace is Marguerite?
7. How does Tucker react to the Earl leaving him part of his legacy?
8. How does Claire flirt with Herder at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
9. How do Jack and Tucker show their solidarity in Act 2, Scene 1?
10. How does Jack say he discovered he was God?
Essay Topic 1
What are the arguments for and against the class system? What are Barnes' opinions on the class system and how does he express them? Why do you think he holds these opinions? Do you agree or disagree with Barnes?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Jack's illness affected one of the following areas in his life:
2. Social life.
3. Intimate relationships.
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)