|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Jack speak to Grace?
2. What is Grace surprised to see?
3. What does Jack lecture the middle class women about?
4. Who does Claire send Dinsdale to find?
5. What do the women of the community want Jack to open?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack say he discovered he was God?
2. How does Jack try to control himself in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What is Jack's philosophy?
4. How does Jack act towards Grace when he first meets her?
5. How does Jack charm his two visitors in Act 2, Scene 5?
6. How does Jack win over Truscott?
7. What evidence do the police find against Tucker?
8. What are a Jack and McKyle's argument for believing they are God?
9. How do Jack and Tucker show their solidarity in Act 2, Scene 1?
10. What does Dr. Herder say is wrong with Jack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 1,255 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)