|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jack say wants Grace?
2. What does Herder say is wrong with Jack?
3. Who does Dr. Herder say can certify Jack as insane?
4. What does Jack try to levitate?
5. Where is Act 1, Scene 6 set?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack kill Claire?
2. Why does Dinsdale say he in concerned by Jack's illness?
3. What part of upperclass life does Claire tell Jack she finds difficult?
4. What does Jack say he regrets in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. Why does McKyle say he is the High Voltage Messiah?
6. How does Herder excuse Jack's strange behavior at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 16?
7. What are a Jack and McKyle's argument for believing they are God?
8. How does Tucker respond to his arrest?
9. How does Jack win over Truscott?
10. What does Jack propose a toast to in Scene 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
What problems do Jack's generation face? How are the problems for Jack's generation different to the problems his father's generation face? Identify and discuss a significant problem facing your generation.
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)