|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jack wearing when he enters the room?
2. Who enters the room moments after the Earl dies?
3. What derogatory word does Claire use to describe Charles?
4. Who does Tucker say is plotting against Jack?
5. What does Tucker help the Earl do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Barnes introduce Jack into the play?
2. How does Jack respond when Claire tells him he is not God?
3. What does Grace tell Jack about her past?
4. How does Jack kill Grace at the end of the play?
5. What are a Jack and McKyle's argument for believing they are God?
6. What part of upperclass life does Claire tell Jack she finds difficult?
7. What does Grace tell Charles about her night with Jack?
8. What is Herder's opinion on Jack and Grace's wedding?
9. Why did Charles want Grace to marry the 13th Earl?
10. What reference does Jack make to Jack the Ripper in Act 2, Scene 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Jack's character to the person he was at the beginning of the play to the person he is at the end.
1) What did Jack hope to achieve aboard the ship?
2) What events changes Jack ideas about life?
3) How has Jack's character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Examine upper class life.
1) How do people in the British upper classes view life?
2) What influence have the British upper classes had on popular culture?
3) How does the author express both the negative and positive aspects of British upper class life?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)