Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack try to levitate?
2. Why does the Earl want to marry Grace?
3. Who does Jack say he last kissed in a garden?
4. What does Herder tell Charles was illegal?
5. Who does Jack say wants Grace?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack try to control himself in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. How does Tucker help the Earl prepare?
3. Why did Charles want Grace to marry the 13th Earl?
4. What does Tucker say he thinks about Jack and the family?
5. What do the Gurney family and the bishop discuss after the Earl's funeral?
6. How do Charles and Grace try to convince Jack that Grace is Marguerite?
7. How does Tucker react to the Earl leaving him part of his legacy?
8. How does Claire flirt with Herder at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
9. How do Jack and Tucker show their solidarity in Act 2, Scene 1?
10. How does Jack say he discovered he was God?
Essay Topic 1
What problems do Jack's generation face? How are the problems for Jack's generation different to the problems his father's generation face? Identify and discuss a significant problem facing your generation.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Compare Jack's character to the person he was at the beginning of the play to the person he is at the end.
1) What did Jack hope to achieve aboard the ship?
2) What events changes Jack ideas about life?
3) How has Jack's character changed by the end of the novel?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)