|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what do the Bishop and Charles set the date?
2. What does the Bishop think Jack will recover?
3. What does Jack say the brilliant light helped him to understand?
4. What is Grace surprised to see?
5. What does Grace tell Jack she used to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the characters' opinions in declaring Jack insane?
2. How does Jack respond when Claire tells him he is not God?
3. Why did Charles want Grace to marry the 13th Earl?
4. What do the Gurney family and the bishop discuss after the Earl's funeral?
5. What does Herder say he is researching?
6. How does Jack kill Claire?
7. How does Jack charm his two visitors in Act 2, Scene 5?
8. Why can Charles initially do nothing about the Earl's will?
9. How does Charles respond to Claire's death?
10. What evidence do the police find against Tucker?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the construction of Barnes' argument.
1) How does he introduce his ideas?
2) How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3) What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Barnes' argument?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Jack and Charles.
1) What is their relationship to each other?
2) How are their ideas different?
3) How do their differences in opinion prove to be destructive?
This section contains 1,302 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)