|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack appear in the bedroom riding?
2. What does Tucker come back into the room smoking?
3. What does the Earl accidentally knock over in the prologue?
4. Who does Tucker say is plotting against Jack?
5. What does Grace say Claire wants?
Short Essay Questions
1. What part of upperclass life does Claire tell Jack she finds difficult?
2. How does Charles think they can get rid of Jack?
3. How does Tucker respond to his arrest?
4. How does Charles respond to Claire's death?
5. What do Herder and Claire accuse each other of?
6. How does Jack kill Claire?
7. What reference does Jack make to Jack the Ripper in Act 2, Scene 4?
8. Why does Herder think Jack married Marguerite?
9. Why does McKyle say he is the High Voltage Messiah?
10. What does the conversation between the Earl and Tucker reveal about the Earl's situation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the construction of Barnes' argument.
1) How does he introduce his ideas?
2) How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3) What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Barnes' argument?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)