|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of person does Grace say Claire is?
2. Who does Tucker announce?
3. What is Grace surprised to see?
4. What does Charles say is the only way they can get Jack out of the way?
5. What does Herder call Grace?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack say he discovered he was God?
2. Why can Charles initially do nothing about the Earl's will?
3. How do Jack and Tucker show their solidarity in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. How does Jack try to prove to Dinsdale he is God?
5. What do Herder and Claire accuse each other of?
6. Why does Herder think Jack married Marguerite?
7. Why does Herder think Jack was lucky?
8. What does Tucker say he thinks about Jack and the family?
9. How does Jack kill Grace at the end of the play?
10. How does Tucker help the Earl prepare?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Compare Jack and Charles.
1) What is their relationship to each other?
2) How are their ideas different?
3) How do their differences in opinion prove to be destructive?
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)