|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the lawyer have to hand the estate to if anyone contests the will?
2. What does Herder say is wrong with Jack?
3. Why does the Earl want to marry Grace?
4. What part of his body does Jack say is a miracle of construction?
5. What does Charles tell Grace he is not comfortable with her doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack win over Truscott?
2. What reference does Jack make to Jack the Ripper in Act 2, Scene 4?
3. Why does McKyle say he is the High Voltage Messiah?
4. Why did Charles want Grace to marry the 13th Earl?
5. How does Tucker react to the Earl leaving him part of his legacy?
6. How does Charles think they can get rid of Jack?
7. What is Jack's philosophy?
8. Why does Herder think Jack was lucky?
9. What are a Jack and McKyle's argument for believing they are God?
10. What evidence do the police find against Tucker?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the construction of Barnes' argument.
1) How does he introduce his ideas?
2) How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3) What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Barnes' argument?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Replace the play's setting with one of the following settings:
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)