|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Earl order to drink?
2. What does Herder say is wrong with Jack?
3. What does Tucker ask Herder if he can take at look at?
4. Who does Jack say he last kissed in a garden?
5. What kind of person does Grace say Claire is?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack win over Truscott?
2. What are a Jack and McKyle's argument for believing they are God?
3. What are the characters' opinions in declaring Jack insane?
4. What does Jack say in his speech to the Houses of Lords?
5. What are Grace and Charles' opinions of Claire?
6. What reference does Jack make to Jack the Ripper in Act 2, Scene 4?
7. Why does Herder think Jack married Marguerite?
8. How does Jack try to prove to Dinsdale he is God?
9. How does Charles think they can get rid of Jack?
10. Why does Jack say he cannot get married again?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
What are the arguments for and against the class system? What are Barnes' opinions on the class system and how does he express them? Why do you think he holds these opinions? Do you agree or disagree with Barnes?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)