Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack try to levitate?
2. Why does the Earl want to marry Grace?
3. Who does Jack say he last kissed in a garden?
4. What does Herder tell Charles was illegal?
5. Who does Jack say wants Grace?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack try to control himself in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. How does Tucker help the Earl prepare?
3. Why did Charles want Grace to marry the 13th Earl?
4. What does Tucker say he thinks about Jack and the family?
5. What do the Gurney family and the bishop discuss after the Earl's funeral?
6. How do Charles and Grace try to convince Jack that Grace is Marguerite?
7. How does Tucker react to the Earl leaving him part of his legacy?
8. How does Claire flirt with Herder at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
9. How do Jack and Tucker show their solidarity in Act 2, Scene 1?
10. How does Jack say he discovered he was God?
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Compare Jack and Charles.
1) What is their relationship to each other?
2) How are their ideas different?
3) How do their differences in opinion prove to be destructive?
Compare Jack's character to the person he was at the beginning of the play to the person he is at the end.
1) What did Jack hope to achieve aboard the ship?
2) What events changes Jack ideas about life?
3) How has Jack's character changed by the end of the novel?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)