|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women of the community want Jack to open?
2. What does Charles say is the only way they can get Jack out of the way?
3. For what do the Bishop and Charles set the date?
4. What is the name of the Earl's manservant?
5. What does Jack appear in the bedroom riding?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Charles respond to Claire's death?
2. How does Jack prove he is still ill?
3. How does Herder excuse Jack's strange behavior at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 16?
4. How do Jack and Tucker show their solidarity in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. How does Tucker respond to Claire's death?
6. How does Jack charm his two visitors in Act 2, Scene 5?
7. How does the Earl kill himself?
8. What does Jack think may prohibit his marriage to Grace?
9. What does Dr. Herder say is wrong with Jack?
10. How does Jack win over Truscott?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine upper class life.
1) How do people in the British upper classes view life?
2) What influence have the British upper classes had on popular culture?
3) How does the author express both the negative and positive aspects of British upper class life?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Jack and Charles.
1) What is their relationship to each other?
2) How are their ideas different?
3) How do their differences in opinion prove to be destructive?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Jack's illness affected one of the following areas in his life:
2. Social life.
3. Intimate relationships.
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)