|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal does Herder say he wants to use for his experiments?
2. What does the Bishop think Jack will recover?
3. Why does the Earl want to marry Grace?
4. Who does Jack say some people think he is married to?
5. What does Tucker refer to Grace as?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the characters dress for Jack and Grace's wedding?
2. Why does Herder think Jack was lucky?
3. How does Tucker help the Earl prepare?
4. Why does Herder think Jack think he is God?
5. What is Herder's opinion on Jack and Grace's wedding?
6. Why does Dinsdale say he in concerned by Jack's illness?
7. How does Jack express his happiness in Scene 11?
8. What does the prologue establish?
9. How does Jack try to prove to Dinsdale he is God?
10. How does Herder excuse Jack's strange behavior at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 16?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
THE RULING CLASS is a play. What are the differences between a play and a novel in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)