|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reads the funeral service over the Earl's casket?
(a) Bishop Jackson.
(b) Bishop Lampton.
(c) Bishop Jefferies.
(d) Bishop Tompkins.
2. What language does Jack speak to Grace?
3. How does Charles know Grace Shelley?
(a) She is his mistress.
(b) She is his cousin.
(c) She is his secretary.
(d) She is an old school friend.
4. What is the name of the Earl's manservant?
5. What does Peake read to the family?
(a) The bible.
(b) The Earl's will.
(d) The Earl's diary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles say is worse than insanity?
2. What does Jack explain to Claire?
3. What does Tucker come back into the room smoking?
4. What part of his body does Jack say is a miracle of construction?
5. What does the Earl order to drink?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Charles want Grace to marry the 13th Earl?
2. What are the characters' opinions in declaring Jack insane?
3. How does Jack kill Grace at the end of the play?
4. How does Jack scare the two women?
5. How does Claire flirt with Herder at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
6. How does Jack act towards Grace when he first meets her?
7. How does Jack say he discovered he was God?
8. What does Herder say he is researching?
9. What do the Gurney family and the bishop discuss after the Earl's funeral?
10. How does Charles respond to Claire's death?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)