|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Claire think Herder is trying to seduce her?
(a) To get money.
(b) To become the family doctor.
(c) To get closer to Grace.
(d) To get back at Charles.
2. What does Charles say is the only way his family can keep its reputation?
(d) True love.
3. What does Dinsdale demand to see?
(a) A miracle.
(b) A doctor.
(d) A nurse.
4. Who accompanies Grace to the wedding?
(b) Her father.
(c) Dr. Herder.
5. Who does Jack say some people think he is married to?
(b) His work.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) Madame Tussaud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Earl accidentally knock over in the prologue?
2. What do the women of the community want Jack to open?
3. What kind of song does Tucker sing before he leaves the room?
4. What is Grace surprised to see?
5. What does Jack say the brilliant light helped him to understand?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack kill Grace at the end of the play?
2. How does Jack win over Truscott?
3. What does Grace tell Jack about her past?
4. How does Charles respond to Claire's death?
5. What does Herder say he is researching?
6. What does Jack say he regrets in Act 2, Scene 3?
7. Why does Dinsdale say he in concerned by Jack's illness?
8. What does Claire say is the only way Herder can change the situation?
9. How do the characters dress for Jack and Grace's wedding?
10. What are the characters' opinions in declaring Jack insane?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)