|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jack say people thought was mad?
(a) Simon Peter.
(d) John the Baptist.
2. What derogatory word does Claire use to describe Charles?
(b) Pig nose.
(d) Horse mouth.
3. What does Charles say is worse than insanity?
4. Why does Herder think Claire is sleeping with him?
(a) She is trying to make Charles jealous.
(b) She is in love with him.
(c) She is bored.
(d) To ensure he doesn't cause trouble.
5. What does the Earl order to drink?
(a) Lime and bitter.
(b) Whisky and soda.
(c) Vodka and coke.
(d) Water and wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jack say he discovered who he was?
2. What does the Guerney family want no one else to know?
3. What does the Earl say is eating away through the body of the woman he loved?
4. What is Grace surprised to see?
5. What song plays as the scene changes to the Earl's bedroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jack say he cannot get married again?
2. How do Charles and Grace try to convince Jack that Grace is Marguerite?
3. How does Jack act towards Grace when he first meets her?
4. How does Jack try to control himself in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does Herder say he is researching?
6. How does Claire flirt with Herder at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
7. How does Barnes introduce Jack into the play?
8. What are a Jack and McKyle's argument for believing they are God?
9. What are the characters' opinions in declaring Jack insane?
10. Why does Herder think Jack married Marguerite?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)