|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grace say Claire wants?
(a) To be rich.
(b) More children.
(c) Charles to herself.
(d) To be Lady Gurney.
2. What does Herder tell Jack he is here to show him?
(b) The universe.
(c) The truth.
(d) The lies.
3. What does Dr. Herder say may help Jack?
(a) Drinking a cup of tea.
(b) Finding love.
(c) Getting some fresh air.
(d) Spending time in the real world.
4. What part of his body does Jack say is a miracle of construction?
(a) His hand.
(b) His nose.
(c) His head.
(d) His foot.
5. What does Claire congratulate Herder in getting?
(a) A new car.
(b) His grant.
(c) A mangerial position.
(d) A new wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Herder think Claire is sleeping with him?
2. What does Dinsdale demand to see?
3. What does Jack try to levitate?
4. What kind of hospital is Dr. Herder in charge of?
5. Who does Tucker announce?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack charm his two visitors in Act 2, Scene 5?
2. What do the Gurney family and the bishop discuss after the Earl's funeral?
3. How does Jack scare the two women?
4. How does Barnes introduce Jack into the play?
5. How does Jack prove he is still ill?
6. What are Grace and Charles' opinions of Claire?
7. How does Herder excuse Jack's strange behavior at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 16?
8. Why does Herder think Jack was lucky?
9. What does the prologue establish?
10. What does the conversation between the Earl and Tucker reveal about the Earl's situation?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)