|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dinsdale tell Jack about?
(a) Jack's responsibility.
(b) The situation in Iraq.
(c) Charles' plans.
(d) His goals in life.
2. Where did Grace borrow the costume to fool Jack?
(a) Her friends.
(b) A fancy dress shop.
(c) A theater.
(d) A school.
3. What does Herder tell Charles was illegal?
(a) The wedding.
(b) Jack's insanity certificate.
(c) The reception.
(d) Charles's divorce.
4. What does the Guerney family want no one else to know?
(a) The Earl's proposed marriage to Grace.
(b) The Earl's bankruptcy.
(c) The circumstances of the Earl's death.
(d) The Earl's closet homsexuality.
5. What does Jack explain to Claire?
(a) His life's goal.
(b) His responsibilities.
(c) His philosophy.
(d) His coin collection.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom has the Earl left his estate?
2. Why does Herder think Claire is sleeping with him?
3. What does Charles say is the only way his family can keep its reputation?
4. Who does Jack say some people think he is married to?
5. What does Grace tell Jack she wants from him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are a Jack and McKyle's argument for believing they are God?
2. What does Grace tell Charles about her night with Jack?
3. How does Tucker help the Earl prepare?
4. What does Jack propose a toast to in Scene 13?
5. How does Tucker react to the Earl leaving him part of his legacy?
6. How does Jack try to control himself in Act 2, Scene 2?
7. How does Barnes introduce Jack into the play?
8. How does Jack prove he is still ill?
9. How does Jack charm his two visitors in Act 2, Scene 5?
10. What does Dr. Herder say is wrong with Jack?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)