|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jack say people thought was mad?
(b) Simon Peter.
(c) John the Baptist.
2. What does Claire say is the only way Herder can change things?
(a) Declare Jack sane.
(b) Keep sleeping with her.
(c) Kill Charles.
(d) Kill Dinsdale.
3. What does Claire say Tucker understands?
(a) Jack's situation.
(b) The family.
(c) Her needs.
(d) Charles's situation.
4. What song plays as the scene changes to the Earl's bedroom?
(a) London Calling.
(b) God Save the Queen.
(c) Mad Dogs and Englishman.
(d) A Stick of Rock.
5. What does Jack say the brilliant light helped him to understand?
(a) Godly presence.
(b) His need to be better.
(c) The universal love.
(d) His position in the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Claire and Dr. Herder discuss?
2. Who does Grace tell to mind her own business?
3. What does Jack appear in the bedroom riding?
4. Why does Claire think Herder is trying to seduce her?
5. Who does the lawyer have to hand the estate to if anyone contests the will?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reference does Jack make to Jack the Ripper in Act 2, Scene 4?
2. What are the characters' opinions in declaring Jack insane?
3. How does Tucker help the Earl prepare?
4. How does Charles think they can get rid of Jack?
5. What are Grace and Charles' opinions of Claire?
6. How does Jack kill Grace at the end of the play?
7. Why does Herder think Jack was lucky?
8. How does Tucker react to the Earl leaving him part of his legacy?
9. What does the prologue establish?
10. How does the Earl kill himself?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)