|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tucker announce?
2. What is Matthew Peake's position within the family?
3. What do the women of the community want Jack to open?
(a) The village shop.
(b) The village fair.
(c) The vilalge farm.
(d) The village dance.
4. What kind of alcohol is in the bottle Tucker is holding?
(a) Red wine.
(b) White wine.
5. What does the Guerney family want no one else to know?
(a) The Earl's closet homsexuality.
(b) The Earl's proposed marriage to Grace.
(c) The Earl's bankruptcy.
(d) The circumstances of the Earl's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tucker come back into the room smoking?
2. What does Dr. Herder say may help Jack?
3. What does Herder tell Jack he is here to show him?
4. What is the name of Sir Charles' wife?
5. Who does Jack say he married several years ago?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence do the police find against Tucker?
2. What does Herder say he is researching?
3. How does Barnes introduce Jack into the play?
4. What does Claire say is the only way Herder can change the situation?
5. What does Jack say he regrets in Act 2, Scene 3?
6. Why does Dinsdale want Jack to open the village fair?
7. Why does Dinsdale say he in concerned by Jack's illness?
8. What reference does Jack make to Jack the Ripper in Act 2, Scene 4?
9. How does Herder excuse Jack's strange behavior at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 16?
10. How does Charles think they can get rid of Jack?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)