|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Herder think Claire is sleeping with him?
(a) She is bored.
(b) She is trying to make Charles jealous.
(c) She is in love with him.
(d) To ensure he doesn't cause trouble.
2. What is Matthew Peake's position within the family?
3. What does Tucker refer to Grace as?
(b) Her ladyship.
(c) Her trampness.
4. What does Claire say Tucker understands?
(a) Jack's situation.
(b) Charles's situation.
(c) The family.
(d) Her needs.
5. What kind of name does Jack say the name Jack is?
(a) A dead name.
(b) A shell name.
(c) A coccoon name.
(d) A common name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grace tell Jack she used to be?
2. Who enters the room moments after the Earl dies?
3. Who does Dr. Herder say can certify Jack as insane?
4. What does the Earl say is eating away through the body of the woman he loved?
5. Why does the Earl want to marry Grace?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Herder and Claire accuse each other of?
2. How does Jack scare the two women?
3. What evidence do the police find against Tucker?
4. How does Jack kill Claire?
5. How does Charles think they can get rid of Jack?
6. How does Jack win over Truscott?
7. How does Tucker respond to his arrest?
8. Why does Jack say he cannot get married again?
9. What does Jack propose a toast to in Scene 13?
10. What does the prologue establish?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)