|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charles know Grace Shelley?
(a) She is his cousin.
(b) She is his secretary.
(c) She is his mistress.
(d) She is an old school friend.
2. What does Tucker ask Herder if he can take at look at?
(a) His bad head.
(b) His bad knees.
(c) His bad back.
(d) His bad stomach.
3. What leans against one of the living room walls?
(a) A Lady Madonna.
(b) A wooden cross.
(c) A propeller.
(d) A Rimbaud painting.
4. Why does Claire think Charles wanted Grace to marry the 13th Earl?
(a) So she would have fun.
(b) So she would inherit his fortune.
(c) So she would give back the family's good name.
(d) So she would be close by.
5. Who does Dr. Herder say can certify Jack as insane?
(a) The Prime Minister.
(b) Dr. Gordon Boop.
(c) The Red Striped Knight.
(d) The Master of Lunacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jack say he married several years ago?
2. What is the name of Sherlock Holmes' younger brother?
3. Who does Charles ask Claire to keep under control?
4. What kind of animal does Herder say he wants to use for his experiments?
5. What song plays as the scene changes to the Earl's bedroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack kill Grace at the end of the play?
2. What is Herder's opinion on Jack and Grace's wedding?
3. How does the Earl kill himself?
4. What does Jack say he regrets in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. How does Jack try to control himself in Act 2, Scene 2?
6. Why does Herder think Jack married Marguerite?
7. Why does Herder think Jack was lucky?
8. How does Charles think they can get rid of Jack?
9. What do Herder and Claire accuse each other of?
10. How does Jack kill Claire?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)