|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Charles ask Claire to keep under control?
2. What does Grace say Claire wants?
(a) Charles to herself.
(b) To be Lady Gurney.
(c) To be rich.
(d) More children.
3. For what do the Bishop and Charles set the date?
(a) Grace's Christening.
(b) Jack's wedding.
(c) Dinsdale's Christening.
(d) Charles's Baptism.
4. What does Charles say is the only way they can get Jack out of the way?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Cripple him.
(c) Have have certified.
(d) Find him a wife.
5. What does Claire tell Dinsdale he needs to learn to make if he is going to become a member of Parliament?
(a) Grunt noises.
(b) Mocking laughs.
6. What kind of animal does Herder say he wants to use for his experiments?
7. What language does Jack speak to Grace?
8. What does the 13th Earl of Gurney propose a toast to?
(a) The luck of the upperclass.
(b) Peace in the world.
(c) Indian independence.
(d) The glory of England.
9. What does Charles say is worse than insanity?
10. Who does the Earl plan to marry?
(a) Pauline Wren.
(b) Mary Shelley.
(c) Grace Shelley.
(d) Lyndsey Wren.
11. Who does Jack say people thought was mad?
(b) Simon Peter.
(c) John the Baptist.
12. Why does Claire think Herder is trying to seduce her?
(a) To get back at Charles.
(b) To become the family doctor.
(c) To get closer to Grace.
(d) To get money.
13. What kind of song does Tucker sing before he leaves the room?
(a) A working song.
(b) An ironic song.
(c) A rude song.
(d) A love song.
14. What does Charles tell Grace he is not comfortable with her doing?
(a) Sleeping with Jack.
(b) Coming around to his house.
(c) Dressing in white.
(d) Looking at him when he is with his wife.
15. Who does Tucker make rude comments about at the wedding?
(a) His wife.
(b) The family.
(c) The 13th Earl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Earl accidentally knock over in the prologue?
2. What does Jack lecture the middle class women about?
3. What do the women of the community want Jack to open?
4. To whom has the Earl left his estate?
5. What does Claire say is the only way Herder can change things?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)