|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What card does Jason point to after Catherine runs him in his wheelchair?
2. What does Mom ask Catherine when she picks her up at Jason's house?
3. What does Catherine tell her mother is the reason for her stomping out of Jason's house?
4. What picture does Catherine draw to indicate the word on the card that Jason questions?
5. Where would Catherine like to take a trip alone with her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is special about the set of word cards Catherine makes as another part of Jason's birthday gift?
2. How does Jason react when Catherine brings Nutmeg to therapy?
3. Why does Catherine hesitate when Kristi asks her if she wants to ask Jason to go to the community dance?
4. In the end, how does Catherine decide to treat David?
5. Why is Catherine's gift for Jason a truly genuine one?
6. What does Jason get that gives him more mobility?
7. How does Catherine show her new level of maturity regarding her relationships with David and Jason at the end?
8. Why does Catherine think that Kristi has asked her to double-date at the community dance?
9. How does Catherine help Jason "run" around the parking lot at the therapy building?
10. What contrasts does the author show between Kristi and Catherine when they go swimming at the pond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Catherine. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 2
Frustration takes on an almost human persona in this book. What were the sources of emotional abuse in the story? What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Jason. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)