|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David like to do at the video store?
2. Catherine is curious about why Jason wanted ______________ especially since he can't use one.
3. What does Catherine put on a card to represent herself in Jason's collection?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the words Jason mutters as he goes into his speech session?
5. What is Catherine's aspiration?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe Catherine's room and what does it indicate about her personality?
2. What is Jason's "communication book" and how does Jason react to Catherine's drawing of herself to be included in it?
3. What do the cards that Catherine creates for Jason indicate that she is sensitive to for him?
4. Describe David's behavior when Dad does not arrive home at exactly five o'clock.
5. Describe David's occupational therapy visits.
6. What is David's fascination with the fish tank and how does he embarrass Catherine in front of the new girl and Ryan?
7. Why does Catherine take a flip attitude with her father when she and Kristi are playing basketball?
8. In what ways are Catherine and Jason alike? What is Catherine's apprehension about a friendship between them?
9. What gift had Jason left for Catherine at therapy on a day she did not go?
10. In what way can Kristi and Catherine be compared regarding conflict in their lives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the internal conflict Catherine experiences regarding David. Why is Catherine frustrated with David a lot of the time? Why is Catherine protective of David? Is theirs a typical sibling relationship?
Essay Topic 2
What is the greatest lesson Catherine learns from David? Is it that important lessons are also painful ones? What will Catherine always recall about life with her brother?
Essay Topic 3
The author used more than one iteration on the theme of friendship. Identify at least two examples about friendship in the book and then explain why the examples support the theme.
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)