|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jason thinks Catherine is _____________ to be friends with him.
2. Catherine suspects that Kristi has asked her to go to an event because _____________________.
(a) Her mother won't let her go unless she can double date.
(b) She doesn't know anyone in town yet.
(c) She doesn't want to be alone with Ryan.
(d) She is not a very good swimmer.
3. What card does Jason point to after Catherine runs him in his wheelchair?
4. What is Catherine's response when Jason asks her if she wants to go to the dance with him?
(a) She hesitates.
(b) She says no.
(c) She says yes.
(d) She'll have to get permission.
5. What is Catherine's response to Jason's invitation?
(d) I'll have to ask.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Catherine apologize to Jason?
2. What is Jason afraid he will do when he holds Catherine's pet?
3. How does Catherine feel when giving the new word cards to Jason?
4. Ryan and Kristi ask Catherine if she would like to go to ________________.
5. Catherine and Jason make up a story about ________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Catherine avoid being seen with Jason at the wharf?
2. What does Dad's tomato garden symbolize?
3. What does Jason get that gives him more mobility?
4. How does Catherine's new attitude about authentic relationships alter the relationship she has with her father?
5. What reason does Catherine give her mother for why she stormed out of Jason's house?
6. Why does Catherine think that Kristi has asked her to double-date at the community dance?
7. Why does Catherine get angry at Kristi when she tries to get David to dance?
8. Why does Catherine hesitate when Kristi asks her if she wants to ask Jason to go to the community dance?
9. What does Ryan do to tease David which infuriates Catherine?
10. Why does Jason react negatively to the "Together" card from Catherine which shows Jason without his wheelchair?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)