|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Catherine shares her CD of singer, ______________________, with Jason.
(a) Lady Gaga.
(b) Jennifer Lopez.
(c) Justin Bieber.
(d) Avril Lavigne.
2. Jason tells Catherine that sometimes he wishes he ___________________.
(a) Could kiss her.
(b) Could fly.
(c) Could write music.
(d) Were dead.
3. Catherine feels like she is _____________________ in Dad's eyes.
(a) A nuisance.
(b) A princess.
(c) A little girl.
(d) Always second on the list.
4. Where does Catherine wait for Jason to arrive at the dance?
(a) Beside the water fountain.
(b) The bleachers.
(c) By the front door.
(d) The refreshments table.
5. What does David do shortly after returning home from the dance?
(a) Refuses to go to bed.
(b) Watches a video.
(c) Dunks a toy in the fish tank.
(d) Spills his popcorn and soda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Catherine run Jason around the parking lot in his wheelchair?
2. Catherine tells her father that he has been _______________________.
3. What does Catherine teasingly tell Jason she should do?
4. Besides Catherine, who else does Jason invite to his birthday party?
5. Jason invites Catherine to attend _____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Catherine's running with Jason in the parking lot the emotional climax of the novel for Catherine?
2. How does Catherine's behavior at the dance with Jason show that she is maturing and making genuine decisions?
3. Why is Catherine so conflicted about who to go to the community dance with?
4. How is Jason's personality and mischievous spirit exhibited when teasing Catherine at the therapy office?
5. Why does Catherine hesitate when Kristi asks her if she wants to ask Jason to go to the community dance?
6. In the end, how does Catherine decide to treat David?
7. Why does Catherine avoid being seen with Jason at the wharf?
8. Why does Jason react negatively to the "Together" card from Catherine which shows Jason without his wheelchair?
9. What secret does Jason reveal to Catherine and how does Catherine respond?
10. How could Catherine not have known that the "Together" card would make Jason so upset?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)