|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David do when Catherine completes her card?
(a) Tries to touch her hand.
(b) Makes loud screaming sounds.
(c) Closes his eyes.
(d) Smiles shyly.
2. Who is the person who can calm David when he is upset?
(b) His therapist.
3. Catherine puts headphones on Jason so that he can hear ___________________.
(a) A comedy routine.
(b) A baseball game.
(c) Rock music.
(d) An opera.
4. Which of the following is NOT a word Catherine puts on new cards for Jason?
(d) Why not.
5. Where would David rather go than going to his therapy session?
(a) The theme park.
(b) The museum.
(c) The video store.
(d) The ice cream shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Catherine sees the new girl next door talking to whom?
2. What is one of David's favorite books?
3. How old is David?
4. How can Kristi's room best be described?
5. Why is Catherine unable to introduce herself to the girl next door?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author show Kristi's character?
2. How does Jason indicate his dislike of his therapy teacher to Catherine and what does this show about his personality?
3. How does the author describe Catherine's room and what does it indicate about her personality?
4. Why are Catherine's feelings of dread and embarrassment regarding her brother typical of a young pre-teen like Catherine?
5. Why does Catherine take a flip attitude with her father when she and Kristi are playing basketball?
6. Where is Catherine trying to get David to go and what is David's special challenge?
7. What gift had Jason left for Catherine at therapy on a day she did not go?
8. Why are Catherine and Jason able to form a close bond pretty quickly?
9. How do the interactions between Catherine and Jason show their artistic inclinations?
10. When does Catherine meet Kristi and what are Catherine's thoughts about the meeting?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)