|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Petersons' daughter?
2. What card does Jason hold up to mean Catherine?
3. Mrs. Morehouse thanks Catherine at the therapist's office for _____________.
(a) The soft drink for Jason.
(b) The book for Jason.
(c) The candy for Jason.
(d) The portrait of Jason.
4. How old is Catherine?
5. Catherine is curious about why Jason wanted ______________ especially since he can't use one.
(a) A drum set.
(b) A guitar.
(c) A skateboard.
(d) A harmonica.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Mom tell Catherine to invite to lunch?
2. What is the status of the Petersons' marriage?
3. What remark does Kristi make that annoys Catherine?
4. What does Catherine like to do?
5. What is Kristi's demeanor when she comes over to meet Catherine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Catherine and Jason able to form a close bond pretty quickly?
2. Why is Catherine hesitant to ask the new neighbors over for lunch?
3. In what ways are Catherine and Jason alike? What is Catherine's apprehension about a friendship between them?
4. Where is Catherine trying to get David to go and what is David's special challenge?
5. How does the author describe Catherine's room and what does it indicate about her personality?
6. How has the author structured the book related to rules?
7. What is David's fascination with the fish tank and how does he embarrass Catherine in front of the new girl and Ryan?
8. In what way can Kristi and Catherine be compared regarding conflict in their lives?
9. Describe David's occupational therapy visits.
10. What is Jason's "communication book" and how does Jason react to Catherine's drawing of herself to be included in it?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)