|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy visiting Kristi share with Kristi and Catherine but not with David?
2. Jason plays a song for Catherine on his ____________________.
(b) Electric piano.
3. What does Catherine regret not doing when she is with Kristi?
(a) Wearing a cuter bathing suit.
(b) Getting a cute haircut.
(c) Losing ten pounds.
(d) Putting on some make-up.
4. Catherine and Jason play a game in which Catherine cannot ________________.
5. Besides swimming, what do Catherine and Kristi do at the pond?
(a) Have a picnic.
(b) Build a sandcastle.
(c) Build a bonfire.
(d) Sun themselves on a raft.
6. Catherine and Jason make up a story about ________________________.
(a) Going to a major league baseball game.
(b) Attending a rock concert.
(c) Setting off fireworks.
(d) A man rushing outside past the window.
7. Why does Catherine run Jason around the parking lot in his wheelchair?
(a) To make Jason laugh.
(b) To get herself some exercise.
(c) To cool him off.
(d) To five him the sensation of running.
8. How many times does Catherine agree to run Jason around the parking lot in his wheelchair after their first time?
9. What does Catherine do with David when Mom goes off to see clients?
(a) Works on a puzzle.
(b) Plays a video game.
(c) Watches a movie.
(d) Plays pitch and catch.
10. Catherine tells her father that he has been _______________________.
(a) Drinking too much.
(b) Blind to her needs.
(c) Ignoring her mother.
(d) Working too much.
11. What does Catherine bring to the next therapy session to show Jason?
(a) Her iPod.
(b) Her new school photo.
(c) Her new art book.
(d) Her guinea pig.
12. Jason's struggle is to ________________________.
(a) Try to walk.
(b) Make genuine friends.
(c) Not let his limitations define him.
(d) Write music when not in the mood.
13. After talking to Catherine, Dad realizes that ___________________.
(a) She is being disrespectful.
(b) She is being irrational.
(c) He will not be able to drive her to the dance.
(d) He has not spent enough time with her.
14. What is Jason actually commenting on when he points to the card with Catherine?
(a) His mother.
(b) The weather.
(c) His wheelchair.
15. What does Kristi feel about swimming in the pond?
(a) It is yucky.
(b) It is pretty.
(c) It is cold.
(d) It is deep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Catherine's response to Jason's invitation?
2. Where does Catherine go on Saturday?
3. What does Catherine tell her mother is the reason for her stomping out of Jason's house?
4. Jason thinks Catherine is _____________ to be friends with him.
5. Jason tells Catherine that sometimes he feels _________________.
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)