|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason like about the item he shows off in therapy?
(a) He can listen to his favorite music at any time.
(b) He can control it with a joystick.
(c) He is taking lessons.
(d) He can go places he couldn't before.
2. What does Catherine teasingly tell Jason she should do?
(a) Put a siren on his wheelchair.
(b) Put flags on his wheelchair.
(c) Run him around the parking lot in his wheelchair.
(d) Put lights on his wheelchair.
3. Catherine gets permission from Mrs. Morehouse to do what?
(a) Take Jason to a movie.
(b) Run Jason around the parking lot in his wheelchair.
(c) Help Jason run ramps in his wheelchair.
(d) Push Jason up and down the hallways in his wheelchair.
4. In the end, Catherine chooses Jason over _________________.
5. Catherine thinks that taking Jason to the event might ______________________.
(a) Belittle him.
(b) Frighten him.
(c) Betray him.
(d) Embarrass him.
6. Jason plays a song for Catherine on his ____________________.
(d) Electric piano.
7. What is different about the "Together" card Catherine gives to Jason at his party?
(a) He is playing the guitar.
(b) He is in his wheelchair.
(c) He is dancing.
(d) He is running.
8. Jason tells Catherine that sometimes he wishes he ___________________.
(a) Could kiss her.
(b) Could fly.
(c) Were dead.
(d) Could write music.
9. What does Jason show off at the next therapy session?
(a) A guitar.
(b) An iPod.
(c) A motorized wheelchair.
(d) An atlas.
10. What makes Kristi happy while at the pond?
(a) She learns how to dive.
(b) Some boys flirt with her.
(c) She gets a good tan.
(d) Ryan shows up.
11. Why does Dad complain about Catherine's phone call?
(a) She interrupted him while he was with a client.
(b) She should text him instead.
(c) She interrupted him for a silly dance.
(d) She shouldn't be using her cell minutes.
12. What does Catherine bring to the next therapy session to show Jason?
(a) Her new art book.
(b) Her new school photo.
(c) Her guinea pig.
(d) Her iPod.
13. Besides swimming, what do Catherine and Kristi do at the pond?
(a) Sun themselves on a raft.
(b) Have a picnic.
(c) Build a sandcastle.
(d) Build a bonfire.
14. Jason invites Catherine to attend _____________________.
(a) His birthday party.
(b) A beach bonfire.
(c) His parents' anniversary party.
(d) His graduation party.
15. Catherine suspects that Kristi has asked her to go to an event because _____________________.
(a) Her mother won't let her go unless she can double date.
(b) She doesn't want to be alone with Ryan.
(c) She is not a very good swimmer.
(d) She doesn't know anyone in town yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason realize is missing from the "Together" card given to him by Catherine?
2. Catherine accuses Kristi of mocking David when she _________________________.
3. Besides Catherine, who else does Jason invite to his birthday party?
4. Why does Catherine feel invigorated by running Jason around in his wheelchair?
5. Catherine feels like she is _____________________ in Dad's eyes.
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)