|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what kind of a bar does Fran take Katey when they run into each other in Chapter 8?
(a) An Irish bar.
(b) A speakeasy.
(c) An Italian bar.
(d) A gay bar.
2. What does the sign say that is hanging outside of the bar to which Fran takes Katey?
(a) No Ladies.
(b) No Cover.
(c) No Trespassing.
(d) Only Beautiful People.
3. Eve is wearing what type of expensive jewelry on the night of the party in Chapter 7?
(a) Emerald earrings.
(b) A trio of pearl necklaces.
(c) A pair of ruby rings.
(d) Diamond earrings.
4. What method of transportation do Eve, Tinker, and Katey take in order to reach the place Eve uses to impress Tinker?
(a) Tinker's car.
(b) A taxi.
(c) A limousine.
(d) The bus.
5. What item does Eve use to distract the movie theater usher so that she, Katey, and Tinker can sneak into the theater?
(a) A silk garter.
(b) A pair of pantyhose.
(c) A bra.
(d) A pair of panties.
6. The epigraph's last three words, "few are chosen" (vi) refers to what theme?
7. Which of the car's inhabitants in Chapter 4 is the most seriously injured, sustaining severe facial injuries and other permanent effects?
8. In what line of business is Fran's family engaged?
9. To what kind of restaurant does Katey wear her new blue dress with the white dots?
10. In what area of New York City is The Hotspot, the club frequented by Eve and Katey?
(a) Coney Island.
(c) Greenwich Village.
(d) Long Island.
11. In what way does Katey change her hair within Chapter 11?
(a) She becomes a blonde.
(b) She gets a bob haircut.
(c) She becomes a brunette.
(d) She becomes a redhead.
12. Which member of Eve's family had aided her in getting a job with Pembroke Press?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her brother.
13. Katey tells Tinker that she likes to frequent what types of buildings when the buildings are empty?
(a) Department stores.
14. Eve tells Katey that she will soon be embarking on a luxury tour of what city with Tinker?
(b) Los Angeles.
15. The postcard Katey receives from Eve and Tinker has a hand-drawn arrow pointing to what element of the photo?
(a) The beach.
(b) The hotel balcony.
(c) The swimming pool.
(d) Mount Rushmore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of the date June 24th, on which Chapter 11 begins?
2. Eve tells Katey that she wants to be which director?
3. Into what type of building does Katey follow Anne when she sees her on the street?
4. In what state had Eve grown up?
5. What is the last name of the young woman named Fran who lives in the same boardinghouse as Katey?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)