|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening when Chappie meets Paul?
2. Who does Chappie stay with after his fight with his mother?
3. Where is the painful element of the Rah stick hidden?
4. What does I-Man call Chappie when introducing him to Paul Dorsett?
5. What kind of crop does Chappie watch over?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Chappie think that I-Man is magical?
2. How did Chappie's mother and father meet?
3. What is the Communal House?
4. What happened to Rose after Chappie sent her home?
5. Why does I-Man say he wants to return to Jamaica?
6. Where does Chappie first see his father in Jamaica, and how does he know it is him?
7. What does Chappie beg of his mother when they meet when Chappie comes back to Au Sable?
8. What does Chappie choose to do with the last of the money he stole from Buster?
9. What surprises Chappie about the rastas in Jamaica?
10. What does Chappie like best about living with I-Man?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Chappie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences? How does he ultimately respond to this barrage of trials?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)