|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does I-Man bypass customs in Jamaica?
2. Where did Chappie get the money he gives I-Man for his trip to Jamaica?
3. Where is the painful element of the Rah stick hidden?
4. What was Chappie's father's job when he met Chappie's mother?
5. Why does I-Man want to return to Jamaica?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chappie choose to do with the last of the money he stole from Buster?
2. Where does Chappie first see his father in Jamaica, and how does he know it is him?
3. What does Evening Star do for a living?
4. How does Chappie feel about his 15th birthday party?
5. Why does Chappie never see his father now?
6. How did Chappie's mother and father meet?
7. What does Chappie feel obligated to do after I-Man's death?
8. How does Paul feel when he is reunited with Chappie?
9. What does Chappie beg of his mother when they meet when Chappie comes back to Au Sable?
10. What does Chappie do at the bridge in the rain, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Chappie's initiation vision and what significance it had on his life and actions from that point forward.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the different phases of the relationship between Chappie and Evening Star and how they affected the course of the plot for the other characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
How do Russ and Chappie change through the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)