|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does I-Man bypass customs in Jamaica?
2. What secret does Chappie almost reveal to his grandmother?
3. Who lives at the communal house?
4. How is Chappie's first crop taken out of the village?
5. What is Paul's nickname in Jamaica?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chappie do at the bridge in the rain, and why?
2. What makes Paul want to kill I-Man?
3. What does Chappie beg of his mother when they meet when Chappie comes back to Au Sable?
4. What secret does Chappie want to tell his father?
5. What happened to Rose after Chappie sent her home?
6. What does Chappie choose to do with the last of the money he stole from Buster?
7. How did Chappie's mother and father meet?
8. What does I-Man do when he hears Paul want to kill him?
9. Why did Chappie's mother and father get a divorce?
10. What is the Communal House?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Laughter and happiness is a common theme found in this plot. Where does this come into play, and how does it affect the characters involved in these scenes?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)