|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the boys go to Keene?
(a) They heard there were jobs available there.
(b) Nobody knows them there.
(c) They wanted to see the ocean.
(d) Russ's aunt has a summer home there.
2. What is strange about Froggy when Chappie first sees her?
(a) She is dazed.
(b) She is very pale.
(c) She is bruised.
(d) She has blue hair.
3. How does Chappie try to protect Russ when Brie realizes he is stealing?
(a) He gives Bruce a cut of the money.
(b) He plays dumb.
(c) He sets up a distraction.
(d) He blames it on someone else.
4. What does Russ steal from the bikers?
(a) Wires and cables.
(c) Tape decks.
5. Why is Russ kicked out of his apartment?
(a) He is behind on the rent.
(b) He has trashed the place.
(c) He was caught dealing drugs.
(d) He has been stealing from the till.
6. Why did I-Man leave the work farm?
(a) His visa expired.
(b) He fell in love.
(c) He hated the food.
(d) He was offended.
7. Where does Chappie meet I-Man?
(a) In the bus.
(b) In the van.
(c) In the bar.
(d) In the summer house.
8. Why does Chappie think his mother is crying when he gets home one day?
(a) She heard from his father.
(b) She saw him high.
(c) Ken beat her.
(d) She found the coins.
9. What does Chappie do before running away from home?
(a) Pours blood onhis bed.
(b) Shoots up the house.
(c) Packs up all the food.
(d) Steals his mother's purse.
10. How does Chappie find out the reason of his mother's divorce from his father?
(a) He asks her.
(b) He finds letters.
(c) His father-in-law tells him.
(d) He asks him.
11. Where does Russ work?
(a) The school cafeteria.
(b) The Video Den.
(c) A burger joint.
(d) A grocery store.
12. Why do the boys fight so much in Keene?
(a) They are detoxing.
(b) They are bored.
(c) They are hungry.
(d) They are sick.
13. What drug does Chappie love at the beginning of the book?
14. What happens as Russ is escaping from his room?
(a) He breaks a window.
(b) He breaks his leg.
(c) He knocks over a VCR.
(d) He starts a fire.
15. Why is it ironic for Black Bart to harass Chappie?
(a) He knows Chappie's mother.
(b) He buys pot from Chappie.
(c) He has arrested Chappie.
(d) He is Chappie's teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Russ get the money he needs to keep his apartment?
2. How does Bruce realize Russ is stealing from him?
3. What grade is Chappie in when the book begins?
4. Where is Chappie pierced at the beginning of the book?
5. Where does I-Man get most of his food?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)