|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Toymaker asked to provide?
2. What vibrates to get Liz's attention?
3. Who does the Toymaker find when he knocks on Mike's door?
4. In what country does this novel take place?
5. What anomaly is Kemal unable to account for this week?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the largest problem faced by AI filters?
2. What does Anwar do to keep himself busy in his new office?
3. Why is Operations unable to help the Toymaker to replace his contacts?
4. What is the Operation's approach when dealing with Intellectual Property Violations?
5. Why does Anwar believe that he deserves to die?
6. What does Dorothy do for a living?
7. What is unusual about the communication system used by the Toymaker to contact Operations?
8. Why is Liz working at the West End control center?
9. What information do Dorothy and Liz share that either could be fired for?
10. What circumstances make Liz so angry that she wants someone's head?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Anwar get suspicious about his job? What does he realize is missing, and how does he try to resolve this issue? What does Adam tell Anwar when Anwar describes the situation to him? What does Adam attempt to clear up for Anwar and what does he suggest Anwar do?
Essay Topic 2
Who does the Toymaker talk to on the way back to the hotel? What is his primary concern at this stage? What assurances does he receive and from whom? What happens when he gets off the bus? Why?
Essay Topic 3
What events make the Toymaker think he is under attack personally? How does the Toymaker cope with the unexpected events? What one thing is he unable to get any help for? How does that complicate the job he is supposed to do?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)