|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Molly do on weekends in New York?
2. What is the name of the coworker who tries to sabotage Molly's work?
3. What generous thing does Faye Raider do for Molly?
4. What does Polina Bellantoni threaten to do to Alice if she doesn't stop seeing Molly?
5. Why aren't Molly and Calvin able to sleep on Molly's second night in New York?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The use of labels for groups of people is a major theme in Rubyfruit Jungle. Molly abhors the use of labels, and yet she eventually begins to label people, too. What are some of the labels used in this book? What do the labels imply about the people they are used to describe? Why does Molly object to labeling? What causes her to begin using labels?
Essay Topic 2
Expound on the topic of power. How does it affect Molly throughout her life? Does she have a desire for power? When she has power, how does it affect her life? How does having power affect the characters in Rubyfruit Jungle? Who is helped by the use of power? Who abuses power?
Essay Topic 3
Molly experiences death a few times in Rubyfruit Jungle. How does she react to death in each of these instances? What do her reactions reveal about her as a person? Does the sorrow of those around her make her uncomfortable? Is she able to cope with her own sorrow? Cite specific examples from the book.
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)