|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main topic of conversation when Molly and Paul go out for tea?
2. What does Molly discover has become of Leota?
3. Where does Faye Raider take Molly when they are in Jacksonville?
4. What does Holly's lover think of the fact that Molly and Holly have a sexual relationship?
5. At the beginning of Part 3: Chapter 11, why does Carrie accuse Molly of disobeying God's law?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Acceptance and non-acceptance are seen in many instances throughout the book. We see Molly being rejected and struggling for acceptance many times. Many of the other characters in the book struggle for acceptance as well. Discuss the struggle for acceptance that three characters other than Molly display in Rubyfruit Jungle. In what way are they trying to be accepted? By whom? What impact does the struggle have on their life?
Essay Topic 2
There are several instances of retribution in Rubyfruit Jungle, making it a consistent theme throughout the book. Discuss three instances in which someone is punished for a wrong or perceived wrong. Who is punished? What is the punishment? Who is doing the punishing? Was the punishment deserved? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Carrie eventually comes to accept Molly as a person and comes to terms with Molly's sexual orientation. What held her back from loving and accepting Molly in the beginning? Were Carrie's feelings toward Molly more about herself and the events in her life or about Molly? Cite examples from the book.
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)