|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Molly have in her pocket when Carrie refuses to allow her to return home?
2. Where in New York does Molly first arrive?
3. What position is Molly able to find in a major film studio?
4. What does a customer do that angers Holly while she and Molly are working?
5. Where in the line-up of senior films is Molly's film?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Acceptance and non-acceptance are seen in many instances throughout the book. We see Molly being rejected and struggling for acceptance many times. Many of the other characters in the book struggle for acceptance as well. Discuss the struggle for acceptance that three characters other than Molly display in Rubyfruit Jungle. In what way are they trying to be accepted? By whom? What impact does the struggle have on their life?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book we see Molly behaving in both positive and negative ways. Overall, do you think Molly is a good person? Why or why not? Cite examples from the book to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Carrie eventually comes to accept Molly as a person and comes to terms with Molly's sexual orientation. What held her back from loving and accepting Molly in the beginning? Were Carrie's feelings toward Molly more about herself and the events in her life or about Molly? Cite examples from the book.
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)