|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leroy ask Molly to do to prove he's not gay?
2. How does Carl die?
3. What play is the class studying when Molly and Connie Pen come up with a plan to make their teacher like them?
4. At the end of Part 2: Chapter 9, how is Molly feeling?
5. Why do Molly and Connie Pen have more freedom during their senior year than other students?
Short Essay Questions
1. Although Holly waitresses with Molly, what is her real means of maintaining her lifestyle?
2. Why is Molly sad after revealing to Polina Bellantoni that she is a lesbian?
3. Describe Molly.
4. When Molly returns home to ask Carrie to help her with her senior film, what does she tell Carrie is the reason she didn't keep in contact over the years?
5. Why does Molly push Cheryl Spiegelglass off the stage during the school play?
6. What do Molly and Connie Pen do to win over their Latin teacher?
7. Why is Carrie reluctant to love Molly like her own child?
8. In Part 3: Chapter 13, whom does Holly equate Molly's desires to make it on her own with, and why does she think Molly should become a kept woman?
9. Why does Molly continue to work for the publishing company even after she graduates from college?
10. Why does Molly react strongly to Ep's use of the word "bastard" in describing the man he fought with in Part 1: Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think the ending of the novel is hopeful or sad? Why? What do you think will become of Molly? Will she ever make films? Cite examples of the book to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
How do Molly's relationships with her adoptive parents affect her personality and her life? What affect do people's relationships with their parents generally have? Do they play a large role in personality development? Use examples from the book to illustrate your points.
Essay Topic 3
How does Molly change from the beginning of the book to the end? Do her views of the world change? If so, how? If not, why? What are some of the major events that facilitate who Molly becomes as an adult?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)