|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cheryl Spiegelglass live in relation to Molly?
(a) Across the woods.
(b) In another state.
(c) Down the street.
(d) Next door.
2. What does Earl Stambach do with the contents of the box that Molly gives him?
(a) Tells Molly he can't accept it.
(b) Gives it to Leroy.
(c) Eats it.
(d) Takes it home.
3. When Molly and Carolyn Simpson go to a children's park to get drunk, what peculiar thing does Carolyn do?
(a) She dances around and shouts that she is in love.
(b) She takes off her clothes and climbs into a play airplane.
(c) She professes her love for children's parks.
(d) She sings at the top of her lungs.
4. What role is Molly playing in the school's Christmas play?
(a) Frosty the Snowman.
(b) Mrs. Claus.
(c) Virgin Mary.
(d) An angel.
5. What do Molly and Connie Pen do to cause the school to be closed for an entire day?
(a) Start a fire.
(b) Win a special reward.
(c) Call in a bomb threat.
(d) Put a dead fish in the main ventilator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of box does Molly use in the trick she plays on Earl Stambach?
2. In Chapter 1: Part 1, what does Molly do after she and Carrie argue?
3. At the start of Part 1: Chapter 2, what year is it?
4. How does Leroy respond to the news of Molly's birth circumstances?
5. On the night Carl dies, what show do he and Molly watch together before going to bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of the novel, why is Molly bitter about the way her life has turned out?
2. Why is Molly sad after revealing to Polina Bellantoni that she is a lesbian?
3. Why does Molly return home after running away when she learned of being adopted?
4. Why does Molly push Cheryl Spiegelglass off the stage during the school play?
5. Why does Molly continue to work for the publishing company even after she graduates from college?
6. Why doesn't Connie want to be friends with Molly after she finds out about Molly's and Carolyn's homosexual relationship?
7. In Part 3: Chapter 12, what evidence is there that Molly has decided to embrace her homosexuality and sees it as an important part of her life?
8. For what reasons do Molly and her roommate Faye pledge sororities?
9. What do Molly's actions toward Leroy following Jennifer's death reveal about her character?
10. What conclusion does Leroy come to about Molly when she decides she also wants to buy a motorcycle?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)