|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 3: Chapter 11, why does Carrie accuse Molly of disobeying God's law?
(a) Molly has left college after being placed in an institution for being gay.
(b) Molly killed someone in a car accident.
(c) Molly had an abortion.
(d) Carrie discovered that Molly slept with Leroy.
2. What resolution does Molly make in Part 4: Chapter 18?
(a) She will never work in the film industry.
(b) She will become a book editor.
(c) She will make films someday even if it takes her until she's 50.
(d) She will go back to school for a different degree.
3. What does Molly attend the senior films without that everyone else brings?
(a) A date.
(d) Her film.
4. How does Holly react to the customer who angers her in Part 3: Chapter 13?
(a) She smashes a sundae in his face.
(b) She cries and asks her boss if she can leave early.
(c) She laughs at him.
(d) She calls him a bigot.
5. How does Molly travel to New York?
(a) She takes a bus.
(b) She takes an airplane.
(c) She hitchhikes.
(d) She drives her car.
6. Where does Molly work following her college graduation?
(a) Fox studios.
(b) Warner Brothers studios.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The publisher for whom she worked during college.
7. What is Faye Raiders' reaction when she learns Molly is gay?
(a) She is shocked, but suggests they have sex.
(b) She is disgusted.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She is very angry.
8. How does Calvin tell Molly she can earn a quick $100?
(a) Throwing grapefruit at a man.
(b) Stealing hub caps.
(d) Selling her jewelry.
9. Why do Faye Raider's sorority sisters require her to meet weekly with her pledge-sister?
(a) They are concerned about her behavior.
(b) They want her to tutor her pledge-sister.
(c) They want her to donate money to the sorority.
(d) They like her and want to make sure she stays.
10. Who is Alice?
(a) Polina Bellantoni's daughter.
(b) Molly's film teacher.
(c) Molly's college roommate.
(d) Molly's coworker.
11. What is Polina Bellantoni's fantasy during her love-making with Molly?
(a) Molly must pretend she's a man.
(b) Polina pretends she doesn't like it.
(c) Polina pretends to be a maid.
(d) Polina pretends to be a man.
12. Who is Miss Marne?
(a) Molly's math professor.
(b) Molly's art professor.
(c) Faye Raider's nanny.
(d) The dean of women at the college Molly attends.
13. Where does Molly go after the argument between Polina Bellantoni and Alice?
14. Why does Molly decide to take fewer courses at college?
(a) So that she can stay in college longer.
(b) Because she's failing.
(c) So she can work days.
(d) So she can work nights.
15. What does Holly call Molly as the two leave their place of employment after Holly's altercation with a customer?
(a) Her wife.
(b) A witch.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) The best employee the employer has ever had.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Molly first tells here, how does Polina Bellantoni feel about Molly being a lesbian?
2. What does a customer do that angers Holly while she and Molly are working?
3. Who is James Adler?
4. What happens at the end of Molly's film?
5. Who is Holly's lover?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)