|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Craig?
(a) Molly's uncle.
(b) Molly's boyfriend.
(c) Carrie's lover.
(d) The man Leroy had a homosexual experience with.
2. What does Leroy do to prove his heterosexuality in Part 2: Chapter 7?
(a) Learns karate.
(b) Becomes physically aggressive with other men.
(c) Finds a girlfriend.
(d) Joins the football team.
3. What two types of people does Molly discover in her new school?
(a) White kids and African American kids.
(b) Rednecks and kids with money.
(c) Jocks and nerds.
(d) Snobs and gangsters.
4. Who is Ted?
(a) Leroy's brother.
(b) Molly's brother.
(c) Carrie's brother.
(d) Ep's brother.
5. Where do Molly and her family move to after Molly's sixth grade year?
(c) New York.
6. Who tells Molly that Carl has died?
(a) No one--she finds him dead.
7. How does Molly describe Leota Bisland?
(a) As nice but frumpy.
(b) As mean and ugly.
(c) As the most beautiful girl she's ever seen.
(d) As the smartest person she's ever met.
8. In Part 1: Chapter 3, what won't Molly's mother allow her to do with Leroy?
(b) Attend Jennifer's funeral.
(c) Go camping.
(d) Sleep in Leroy's room with him.
9. What does Molly intend to do when she sneaks downstairs the night of Jennifer's burial?
(a) Go for a walk.
(b) Spy on Leroy.
(c) Watch the stars.
(d) Steal a snack from the refrigerator.
10. Who is Mr. Beers?
(a) The school principal.
(b) Molly's teacher.
(c) Carl's boss.
(d) Connie Pen's stepfather.
11. What secret does Leroy admit to Molly in Part 2: Chapter 6?
(a) That he got his girlfriend pregnant.
(b) That he had a homosexual experience.
(c) That he plans to run away.
(d) That he is in love with Molly.
12. Why does Leroy plan to drop out of school?
(a) So he can move back to Pennsylvania.
(b) So he can join the military.
(c) So he can run away.
(d) So he can get a job and buy a motorcycle.
13. What is Molly's and Connie's plan to win over their teacher?
(a) They buy her a gift.
(b) They plan to earn As.
(c) They bring onions to class to help them cry during the play.
(d) They write their own play.
14. What suggestion does Molly make about her birth parents that angers Carrie?
(a) She suggests they were African American.
(b) She suggests that her birth parents were famous actors.
(c) She suggests that her birth parents are looking for her.
(d) She suggests they were very wealthy.
15. What do Molly and Brockhurst Detwiler decide to charge extra money for?
(a) Kissing Molly.
(b) Touching his uncircumcised penis.
(c) His autograph.
(d) Taking a picture of his birthmark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Molly, Carolyn Simpson, and Connie Pen go to drink vodka one night?
2. What does Jennifer die from?
3. Prior to Jennifer's death, what was the only image of death Molly had seen so far?
4. What kind of love does Molly decide she'd prefer to find instead of marriage?
5. What unusual feature does Brockhurst Detwiler have that he and Molly exploit for money?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)