|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Molly and Carolyn Simpson end up doing in the children's park on the night they go there to get drunk?
(a) They make love.
(b) They get horribly sick in one of the play structures.
(c) They make a pact to attend the same college.
(d) They fight.
2. What sets Cheryl Spiegelglass apart from the other children in town?
(a) She is mentally handicapped.
(b) Her family has more money.
(c) She is in a wheelchair.
(d) She is African American.
3. How does Carl die?
(a) He is in a car accident.
(b) He is murdered.
(c) He has a heart attack.
(d) He dies of cancer.
4. When Molly and Carolyn Simpson go to a children's park to get drunk, what peculiar thing does Carolyn do?
(a) She dances around and shouts that she is in love.
(b) She sings at the top of her lungs.
(c) She takes off her clothes and climbs into a play airplane.
(d) She professes her love for children's parks.
5. What does Molly tell Carl she'd like to study in college?
(b) Business or art.
(d) Law or film.
6. What role is Molly playing in the school's Christmas play?
(a) Frosty the Snowman.
(b) An angel.
(c) Mrs. Claus.
(d) Virgin Mary.
7. What decision does Molly make concerning Carl's death?
(a) Carrie killed him.
(b) She will not cry.
(c) He should be cremated.
(d) Carl was old and it was his time.
8. What does Mr. Beers agree to do for Connie Pen?
(a) Appoint her newspaper editor next school year.
(b) Allow her to not participate in gym class.
(c) Give her the lead part in the school play.
(d) Change her grades to straight As.
9. What suggestion does Molly make about her birth parents that angers Carrie?
(a) She suggests that her birth parents were famous actors.
(b) She suggests they were African American.
(c) She suggests they were very wealthy.
(d) She suggests that her birth parents are looking for her.
10. What happens to baby Carl?
(a) He dies.
(b) He is abducted.
(c) He wins a baby photo contest.
(d) He is put up for adoption.
11. Why does Leroy tell Molly she can't ride a motorcycle?
(a) Because she can't afford to buy one.
(b) Because only men can ride them.
(c) Because they are dangerous.
(d) Because she isn't old enough to drive.
12. Why do Molly and Connie Pen have more freedom during their senior year than other students?
(a) They are the top students.
(b) No one pays any attention to what they do.
(c) They are well liked.
(d) They discover Mr. Beers's affair with Mrs. Silver.
13. Who is Mr. Beers?
(a) The school principal.
(b) Connie Pen's stepfather.
(c) Carl's boss.
(d) Molly's teacher.
14. Who is Ted?
(a) Ep's brother.
(b) Leroy's brother.
(c) Carrie's brother.
(d) Molly's brother.
15. How does Leroy respond to the news of Molly's birth circumstances?
(a) He is shocked and confused.
(b) He is thrilled.
(c) He doesn't want to be friends with her anymore.
(d) He runs home and tells his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leroy ask Molly to do to prove he's not gay?
2. What does Earl Stambach do after Leroy reveals what is in the box?
3. Why does Molly give Earl Stambach the box?
4. By what nickname does Molly call her friend Brockhurst Detwiler?
5. Who does Molly ask to tell Earl Stambach that Molly is looking for him?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)