Part 1: Chapter 1
• At the start of Part 1: Chapter 1, Molly is seven years old and living in Coffee Hollow, Pennsylvania.
• Molly and her friend Brockhurst, whom she calls Broccoli, devise a plan to make money by selling the opportunity to see Broccoli's uncircumcised penis; they decide that touching will cost extra.
• Another child tells on Molly and Broccoli, which angers Molly's adoptive mother, Carrie. Carrie, in a moment of anger, tells Molly she has shamed her and that she is the illegitimate child of Ruby Drollinger.
• Molly doesn't feel the circumstances of her birth are important, but is somewhat concerned about what her friends will think.
• Molly wonders what ethnicity her birth mother is and believes Ruby couldn't have loved her very much.
Part 1: Chapter 2
• At the beginning of Part 1: Chapter 2, Molly is eleven and her family lives with her cousin Leroy's family.
• Molly comes up with a plan...
This section contains 1,957 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)