|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Flash come out from the pit?
2. What is Flash's opinion of Duchess Irma?
3. What does Flash hand over to the constable?
4. Where do Flash and Irma spend their wedding night?
5. Who joins Flash and de Gautet on their ride through the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can Gustaf currently not marry Irma?
2. How does Irma react to the heckler outside her carriage?
3. Why does Flash think he deserved the jewels?
4. What do the two ministers tell Flash before the wedding ceremony?
5. Why is the marriage between Prince Gustaf of Denmark and Duchess Irma so important?
6. How and why does Otto scar Flash?
7. How does Lola double cross Flash?
8. Why does Flash agree to go along with the men's plan?
9. What does de Gautet say is Otto's real plan?
10. How does the crowd react when Lola walks to her carriage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Britain like before the Victorian era? How did the Victorian era effect socialites like Harry Flashman? How has the Victorian era helped to shape British identity.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Flash's character across the whole series.
1. How does the author develop Flash's character across the whole series?
2. What new elements does ROYAL FLASH add to Flash's character?
Essay Topic 3
Pick two characters from the book and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)