|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flash think Irma is trying to avoid?
2. Where do Flash and Lola eventually end up together?
3. Where does de Gautet say Gustaf is being held prisoner?
4. What is the season in this section?
5. With whom does Rudi say he plans to escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Irma react to the heckler outside her carriage?
2. How does Flash steal the jewels from Irma?
3. What is happening in Munich when Flash arrives?
4. What is Flash's first impression of Irma?
5. What does Flash tell the men at the cabin?
6. How does Flash fall into the pit?
7. Describe Flash and Irma's wedding night.
8. What problem has arisen in Otto's plan?
9. What does de Gautet say is Otto's real plan?
10. How and why does Otto scar Flash?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way was European society going a transition in the 1840s? How does the author reflect that transition in the novel? What were the events that lead up to this transition?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about mid 19th century society.
1. The conflict between Denmark and Germany.
2. The Morrisons' attitude towards Flash.
3. Flash's attitude towards women.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)