|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the season in this section?
2. What does Rudi give to Flash?
3. With whom does Rudi say he plans to escape?
4. What is the name of Gustav's childhood friend?
5. What is Grundvig's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening in Munich when Flash arrives?
2. How do the Morrisons and Elspeth react to Flash's arrival?
3. What problem has arisen in Otto's plan?
4. How does Lola double cross Flash?
5. How does Flash win the crowd's approval in Strackenz?
6. How and why does Otto scar Flash?
7. What does de Gautet say is Otto's real plan?
8. How does Flash train to become Gustaf?
9. Why does Flash think he deserved the jewels?
10. How does Flash fall into the pit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way does Flash's life style go against Victorian values? Why does popular culture often represent characters like Flash as archaic?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
In what way was European society going a transition in the 1840s? How does the author reflect that transition in the novel? What were the events that lead up to this transition?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)