|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lola leave for Flash in the morning?
2. What does Flash fall into during his fight with Gustaf?
3. What city does Flash travel to from Strackenz?
4. Who comes to congratulate Flash at the end of the ceremony?
5. What reason does Flash give for going ahead with Otto's scheme?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Otto say he saw Flash before their meeting in the carriage?
2. How does Hansen get killed?
3. What does de Gautet say is Otto's real plan?
4. Why is the marriage between Prince Gustaf of Denmark and Duchess Irma so important?
5. Why does Flash think he deserved the jewels?
6. How do the Morrisons and Elspeth react to Flash's arrival?
7. What is happening in Munich when Flash arrives?
8. Why does Flash decide he has to return to the castle?
9. Why does Otto say has brought Flash to his palace?
10. How does Flash train to become Gustaf?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
How does Fraser view Bismarck as a historical figure? How much did Fraser had to change Bismarck's character to fit with his story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)