|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man give Flash in Chapter 7?
2. What waits for Flash at the tree?
3. What information does Hansen want from Flash?
4. What does Flash fall into during his fight with Gustaf?
5. What does Flash hate about Gutav's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Flash and Irma's wedding night.
2. How does Lola double cross Flash?
3. Why does Flash agree to go along with the men's plan?
4. How does Flash seduce the chambermaid?
5. What is Rudi's new plan?
6. Why can Gustaf currently not marry Irma?
7. What does Flash tell the men at the cabin?
8. How does Flash fall into the pit?
9. What problem has arisen in Otto's plan?
10. Why does Flash think he deserved the jewels?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way does Flash's life style go against Victorian values? Why does popular culture often represent characters like Flash as archaic?
Essay Topic 2
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)