|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What waits for Flash at the tree?
2. Between what two countries could Flash's death start a war?
3. Where do Flash and Irma spend their wedding night?
4. What does Lola leave for Flash in the morning?
5. What does Flash say his sword is to protect?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Otto say is Flash's role in the mission?
2. How does Flash train to become Gustaf?
3. Describe Flash and Irma's wedding night.
4. How does Hansen get killed?
5. Where does Otto say he saw Flash before their meeting in the carriage?
6. What is happening in Munich when Flash arrives?
7. How does Flash fall into the pit?
8. What problem has arisen in Otto's plan?
9. How does Lola double cross Flash?
10. Why is the marriage between Prince Gustaf of Denmark and Duchess Irma so important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the novel overall argument? How does think this argument relate to 1970s society? How does Fraser construct the story to communicate his argument clearly and effectively?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
In what way does Flash's life style go against Victorian values? Why does popular culture often represent characters like Flash as archaic?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)