|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rosanna posing as at the theater?
2. What weapon does Flash take with him on his journey?
3. What do Elspeth's parents constantly remind Flash?
4. What does Flash say he will never be able to look at in the same way again after arguing with Rosanna?
5. What does Otto look like he has been doing too much of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tom's opinion of Otto?
2. What disappoints Flash about the Victorian era?
3. What is Otto's opinion of boxing?
4. How do Flash and Speedicut escape the police?
5. What does Flash discover about Countess de Landesfield?
6. How does Lord Ranelagh react to Flash's plan?
7. How does Lola react to seeing Flash again?
8. What happens to Flash when he wakes up after the party?
9. What does Otto tell Flash before he leaves Tom's house?
10. How does Flash find himself in a darkened bedroom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Fraser view Bismarck as a historical figure? How much did Fraser had to change Bismarck's character to fit with his story?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Flash's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the one he is at the end.
1. What did Flash hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Flash ideas about life?
3. How has Flash's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)