Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does Flash take with him on his journey?
2. What does Otto say he is missing from his bout with Gully?
3. Who orders the policeman to arrest Flash?
4. Who does Flash start an affair with at the end of Chapter 1?
5. What is the name of the friend with whom Flashman wants to seek adventure?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Rudi's new plan?
2. How do Elspeth and her parents react to Flash leaving London?
3. Why does Flash agree to go along with the men's plan?
4. How does Hansen get killed?
5. What happens to Flash when he wakes up after the party?
6. How does an affair start between Flash and Rosanna?
7. What does de Gautet say is Otto's real plan?
8. How does Flash win the crowd's approval in Strackenz?
9. Why does the policeman refuse to arrest Flash?
10. How does Flash react when he hears his wife has been unfaithful?
Essay Topic 1
How does Fraser view Rosanna as a historical figure? How much do the students think Fraser had to change Rosanna's character to fit with his story?
Essay Topic 2
In what way was European society going a transition in the 1840s? How does the author reflect that transition in the novel? What were the events that lead up to this transition?
Essay Topic 3
What does it say about 1840s society that they someone like Flash as a hero? What would happen to Flash if people found out the truth about his exploits?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)