|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Otto's title?
2. How does the audience react to the revelation that Rosanna is not a Spanish daughter?
3. What does Otto look like he has been doing too much of?
4. How does Flash describe the baroness that is interested in him?
5. Who does Flash discover has taken up residency in London in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Harry Flashman's character.
2. How does Lord Ranelagh react to Flash's plan?
3. What news does Flash hear about Rosanna in the years between seeing her again?
4. How does Flash find himself in a darkened bedroom?
5. What does Flash think about Rosanna?
6. What does Flash overhear about Lola?
7. How does Flash get away from the police the second time?
8. What does Flash discover about Countess de Landesfield?
9. How do Flash and Speedicut escape the police?
10. Why is Flash confused over Countess de Landsfield's letter in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does it say about 1840s society that they someone like Flash as a hero? What would happen to Flash if people found out the truth about his exploits?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
How does Fraser view Bismarck as a historical figure? How much did Fraser had to change Bismarck's character to fit with his story?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)