|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flash develop a plan to do in Chapter 3?
2. In what country does the countess live?
3. What is the name of the former boxing champion present at Tom's house?
4. Why does Flash say the Morrisons should be glad he is going away?
5. What is the countess' real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Otto say he saw Flash before their meeting in the carriage?
2. How does Irma react to the heckler outside her carriage?
3. Describe Flash's journey to Munich.
4. How and why does Otto scar Flash?
5. Why does Flash agree to go along with the men's plan?
6. How does Flash train to become Gustaf?
7. What does Flash overhear about Lola?
8. How does the crowd react when Lola walks to her carriage?
9. Why is Flash not happy on his return to London in Chapter 4?
10. How does Lord Ranelagh react to Flash's plan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
How does Fraser view Rosanna as a historical figure? How much do the students think Fraser had to change Rosanna's character to fit with his story?
This section contains 1,224 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)