Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does Flash take with him on his journey?
2. What does Otto say he is missing from his bout with Gully?
3. Who orders the policeman to arrest Flash?
4. Who does Flash start an affair with at the end of Chapter 1?
5. What is the name of the friend with whom Flashman wants to seek adventure?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Rudi's new plan?
2. How do Elspeth and her parents react to Flash leaving London?
3. Why does Flash agree to go along with the men's plan?
4. How does Hansen get killed?
5. What happens to Flash when he wakes up after the party?
6. How does an affair start between Flash and Rosanna?
7. What does de Gautet say is Otto's real plan?
8. How does Flash win the crowd's approval in Strackenz?
9. Why does the policeman refuse to arrest Flash?
10. How does Flash react when he hears his wife has been unfaithful?
Examine Flash's character across the whole series.
1. How does the author develop Flash's character across the whole series?
2. What new elements does ROYAL FLASH add to Flash's character?
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
How does Fraser view Rosanna as a historical figure? How much do the students think Fraser had to change Rosanna's character to fit with his story?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)