|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Otto say is currently in conflict with Germany?
2. What is Otto's title?
3. Why does Flashman decide not to confront his wife about her infidelities?
4. When does Flash say Mr. Morrison was proud of him?
5. Which part of Otto's body does Gully bloody?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Otto prove his lack of sportsmanship in Chapter 2?
2. How does Flash find himself in a darkened bedroom?
3. What news does Flash hear about Rosanna in the years between seeing her again?
4. What does Flash do in Munich?
5. Describe Harry Flashman's character.
6. Why is Flash confused over Countess de Landsfield's letter in Chapter 4?
7. What does Flash discover about Countess de Landesfield?
8. How does Lola react to seeing Flash again?
9. What does Flash think about Rosanna?
10. How does an affair start between Flash and Rosanna?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way does Flash's life style go against Victorian values? Why does popular culture often represent characters like Flash as archaic?
Essay Topic 2
What does it say about 1840s society that they someone like Flash as a hero? What would happen to Flash if people found out the truth about his exploits?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)