|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following sports does Otto claim is more civilized than boxing?
2. What does Otto look like he has been doing too much of?
3. What kind of disease has Gustaf contracted?
4. What are the names of Otto's two men who travel with Flash?
5. Of what do the Morrisons accuse Flash?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Flash get away from the police the second time?
2. What is Otto's opinion of boxing?
3. How do Flash and Speedicut escape the police?
4. What do the Brits and Otto disagree about in the second chapter?
5. What is Tom's opinion of Otto?
6. How does the theater crowd react to Rosanna's posing as a Spanish dancer?
7. How does Otto prove his lack of sportsmanship in Chapter 2?
8. Why is Flash not happy on his return to London in Chapter 4?
9. What happens to Flash when he wakes up after the party?
10. Describe Harry Flashman's character.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
How does Fraser view Rosanna as a historical figure? How much do the students think Fraser had to change Rosanna's character to fit with his story?
Essay Topic 3
What does it say about 1840s society that they someone like Flash as a hero? What would happen to Flash if people found out the truth about his exploits?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)