|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Flash meet up with again at the beginning of the third chapter?
2. Who unveils Rosanna's identity at the theater?
3. Where does Rosanna say her husband is?
4. What does Otto say he is missing from his bout with Gully?
5. What is the name of the friend with whom Flashman wants to seek adventure?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Otto tell Flash before he leaves Tom's house?
2. How do Flash and Speedicut escape the police?
3. What do the Brits and Otto disagree about in the second chapter?
4. How does Flash learn German?
5. What does Flash do in Munich?
6. How does Flash get away from the police the second time?
7. How do the Morrisons want Flash to help them?
8. What is Tom's opinion of Otto?
9. What happens to Flash when he wakes up after the party?
10. How does an affair start between Flash and Rosanna?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way does Flash's life style go against Victorian values? Why does popular culture often represent characters like Flash as archaic?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of George MacDonald Fraser's previous book and contrast it with ROYAL FLASH in terms of the following;
Essay Topic 3
What is the novel overall argument? How does think this argument relate to 1970s society? How does Fraser construct the story to communicate his argument clearly and effectively?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)