Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does Flash take with him on his journey?
2. What does Otto say he is missing from his bout with Gully?
3. Who orders the policeman to arrest Flash?
4. Who does Flash start an affair with at the end of Chapter 1?
5. What is the name of the friend with whom Flashman wants to seek adventure?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Rudi's new plan?
2. How do Elspeth and her parents react to Flash leaving London?
3. Why does Flash agree to go along with the men's plan?
4. How does Hansen get killed?
5. What happens to Flash when he wakes up after the party?
6. How does an affair start between Flash and Rosanna?
7. What does de Gautet say is Otto's real plan?
8. How does Flash win the crowd's approval in Strackenz?
9. Why does the policeman refuse to arrest Flash?
10. How does Flash react when he hears his wife has been unfaithful?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of George MacDonald Fraser's previous book and contrast it with ROYAL FLASH in terms of the following;
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Pick two characters from the book and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)