|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rosanna say her husband is?
2. At whose house does Flash meet Otto again?
3. What is the name of Otto's family home?
4. What does the policeman say Flash could break into and he still would not arrest him?
5. Who does Flash discover has taken up residency in London in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What disappoints Flash about the Victorian era?
2. What news does Flash hear about Rosanna in the years between seeing her again?
3. How does Flash learn German?
4. How does Flash meet Rosanna in Chapter 3?
5. What does Flash think about Rosanna?
6. How does Lord Ranelagh react to Flash's plan?
7. What does Flash overhear about Lola?
8. How does Flash find himself in a darkened bedroom?
9. How does Flash react when he hears his wife has been unfaithful?
10. What happens to Flash when he wakes up after the party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about mid 19th century society.
1. The conflict between Denmark and Germany.
2. The Morrisons' attitude towards Flash.
3. Flash's attitude towards women.
Essay Topic 2
How does Fraser view Rosanna as a historical figure? How much do the students think Fraser had to change Rosanna's character to fit with his story?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of George MacDonald Fraser's previous book and contrast it with ROYAL FLASH in terms of the following;
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)