|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flashman discover about his wife when he returns home?
2. What does Ranelagh say is Rosanna's real name?
3. What French city does Flash stop at on the way to Germany?
4. What reason does Flash give for leaving London?
5. In what German city does Flash part ways with the waiter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Flash learn German?
2. What happens to Flash when he wakes up after the party?
3. How does Flash find himself in a darkened bedroom?
4. What do the Brits and Otto disagree about in the second chapter?
5. How do Elspeth and her parents react to Flash leaving London?
6. How does Otto defeat Flash in the steeplechase race?
7. How does Otto prove his lack of sportsmanship in Chapter 2?
8. How do the people in the carriage react to Flash's presence?
9. How do the Morrisons want Flash to help them?
10. Describe Harry Flashman's character.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from the book and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about mid 19th century society.
1. The conflict between Denmark and Germany.
2. The Morrisons' attitude towards Flash.
3. Flash's attitude towards women.
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)