|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Otto's inside man?
2. Who do the police refuse to allow Flash to contact?
3. How do people refer to the Countess?
4. Where does Rosanna say her husband is?
5. In what German city does Flash part ways with the waiter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Flash get away from the police the second time?
2. How does Flash react when he hears his wife has been unfaithful?
3. How does Flash find himself in a darkened bedroom?
4. How does Lord Ranelagh react to Flash's plan?
5. How does Flash learn German?
6. How does Lola react to seeing Flash again?
7. Describe Flash's journey to Munich.
8. What disappoints Flash about the Victorian era?
9. What does Flash overhear about Lola?
10. How do Flash and Speedicut escape the police?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Fraser view Rosanna as a historical figure? How much do the students think Fraser had to change Rosanna's character to fit with his story?
Essay Topic 2
What is the novel overall argument? How does think this argument relate to 1970s society? How does Fraser construct the story to communicate his argument clearly and effectively?
Essay Topic 3
What does it say about 1840s society that they someone like Flash as a hero? What would happen to Flash if people found out the truth about his exploits?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)