|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the irritating man Tom says he cannot get rid of?
2. How does Flash describe Rosanna's temper?
3. Who is Flashman with when he hears policemen have arrived at a club?
4. Who does Flash discover has taken up residency in London in this chapter?
5. Which of the following sports does Otto claim is more civilized than boxing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Elspeth and her parents react to Flash leaving London?
2. How do the people in the carriage react to Flash's presence?
3. What disappoints Flash about the Victorian era?
4. How do the Morrisons want Flash to help them?
5. Describe the eventual fight between Gully and Otto.
6. Why is Flash confused over Countess de Landsfield's letter in Chapter 4?
7. What does Flash overhear about Lola?
8. What does Flash discover about Countess de Landesfield?
9. What news does Flash hear about Rosanna in the years between seeing her again?
10. How does Otto defeat Flash in the steeplechase race?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)