|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the former boxing champion present at Tom's house?
2. What do the police accuse Flash of?
3. Why does Flash say the Morrisons should be glad he is going away?
4. Why does Flashman decide not to confront his wife about her infidelities?
5. Who does Otto claim is Flash's doppelganger?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Elspeth and her parents react to Flash leaving London?
2. How does an affair start between Flash and Rosanna?
3. How do the people in the carriage react to Flash's presence?
4. What is Tom's opinion of Otto?
5. How does Otto defeat Flash in the steeplechase race?
6. What happens to Flash when he wakes up after the party?
7. What news does Flash hear about Rosanna in the years between seeing her again?
8. How do the Morrisons want Flash to help them?
9. What does Flash overhear about Lola?
10. How does Flash react when he hears his wife has been unfaithful?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does it say about 1840s society that they someone like Flash as a hero? What would happen to Flash if people found out the truth about his exploits?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)