|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Flash travel to in Chapter 7?
2. What does Flash say he will never be able to look at in the same way again after arguing with Rosanna?
3. What kind of disease has Gustaf contracted?
4. Where does Flashman hide to avoid the police?
5. Who does Flash discover has taken up residency in London in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Otto defeat Flash in the steeplechase race?
2. How does Otto prove his lack of sportsmanship in Chapter 2?
3. Describe Harry Flashman's character.
4. How do Elspeth and her parents react to Flash leaving London?
5. How does Flash meet Rosanna in Chapter 3?
6. How does Flash react when he hears his wife has been unfaithful?
7. What does Flash overhear about Lola?
8. Why is Flash confused over Countess de Landsfield's letter in Chapter 4?
9. What does Flash think about Rosanna?
10. How does Lord Ranelagh react to Flash's plan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does it say about 1840s society that they someone like Flash as a hero? What would happen to Flash if people found out the truth about his exploits?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Compare German and Danish culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)