|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ranelagh say is Rosanna's real name?
2. What is the name of Otto's inside man?
3. What does Flash develop a plan to do in Chapter 3?
4. What part of London is the location of the Minor Club?
5. Who orders the policeman to arrest Flash?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Brits and Otto disagree about in the second chapter?
2. How does Flash learn German?
3. How do the Morrisons want Flash to help them?
4. Why does the policeman refuse to arrest Flash?
5. How does Lord Ranelagh react to Flash's plan?
6. What is Otto's opinion of boxing?
7. What does Flash discover about Countess de Landesfield?
8. How do the people in the carriage react to Flash's presence?
9. Why is Flash confused over Countess de Landsfield's letter in Chapter 4?
10. What disappoints Flash about the Victorian era?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the book.
1. How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2. Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about mid 19th century society.
1. The conflict between Denmark and Germany.
2. The Morrisons' attitude towards Flash.
3. Flash's attitude towards women.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Flash's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the one he is at the end.
1. What did Flash hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Flash ideas about life?
3. How has Flash's character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)