|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Flash have to learn in this chapter?
2. Who is Flashman with when he hears policemen have arrived at a club?
3. How does Flash describe the baroness that is interested in him?
4. What do the police accuse Flash of?
5. Where does Flashman hide to avoid the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lord Ranelagh react to Flash's plan?
2. Describe Harry Flashman's character.
3. What does Flash overhear about Lola?
4. What does Flash think about Rosanna?
5. How does Flash react when he hears his wife has been unfaithful?
6. Why is Flash confused over Countess de Landsfield's letter in Chapter 4?
7. What do the Brits and Otto disagree about in the second chapter?
8. Describe the eventual fight between Gully and Otto.
9. What disappoints Flash about the Victorian era?
10. What does Flash do in Munich?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the book.
1. How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2. Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from the book and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)