|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Flash describe the baroness that is interested in him?
2. Who does Flash receive a mysterious letter from in this chapter?
3. From what country has Flashman just returned?
4. Where does Flashman hide to avoid the police?
5. What is the name of Otto's family home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the theater crowd react to Rosanna's posing as a Spanish dancer?
2. How does Otto defeat Flash in the steeplechase race?
3. How does Lola react to seeing Flash again?
4. What news does Flash hear about Rosanna in the years between seeing her again?
5. What does Flash do in Munich?
6. How do Elspeth and her parents react to Flash leaving London?
7. How does Flash find himself in a darkened bedroom?
8. How do the Morrisons want Flash to help them?
9. How does Flash meet Rosanna in Chapter 3?
10. What does Otto tell Flash before he leaves Tom's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way was European society going a transition in the 1840s? How does the author reflect that transition in the novel? What were the events that lead up to this transition?
Essay Topic 2
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)