|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the audience react to the revelation that Rosanna is not a Spanish daughter?
2. What two states are Germany and Denmark fighting over?
3. What part of London is the location of the Minor Club?
4. Why does Flashman decide not to confront his wife about her infidelities?
5. Where does Flashman hide to avoid the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does an affair start between Flash and Rosanna?
2. How does Otto defeat Flash in the steeplechase race?
3. How do Elspeth and her parents react to Flash leaving London?
4. What does Flash think about Rosanna?
5. How does the theater crowd react to Rosanna's posing as a Spanish dancer?
6. How does Flash find himself in a darkened bedroom?
7. What does Flash do in Munich?
8. What does Flash discover about Countess de Landesfield?
9. Why is Flash confused over Countess de Landsfield's letter in Chapter 4?
10. How does Flash react when he hears his wife has been unfaithful?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Fraser view Rosanna as a historical figure? How much do the students think Fraser had to change Rosanna's character to fit with his story?
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from the book and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)