|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who breaks into Flash's room in this section?
2. What does Otto look like he has been doing too much of?
3. How does Flash react when Rosanna refuses to allow him to rest?
4. What is the name of Gustav's valet?
5. How does the audience react to the revelation that Rosanna is not a Spanish daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Otto prove his lack of sportsmanship in Chapter 2?
2. Why does Flash decide he has to return to the castle?
3. Why is the marriage between Prince Gustaf of Denmark and Duchess Irma so important?
4. What problem has arisen in Otto's plan?
5. Why does Flash agree to go along with the men's plan?
6. How does Flash meet Rosanna in Chapter 3?
7. What does Flash tell the men at the cabin?
8. What is Rudi's new plan?
9. How does Flash learn German?
10. What is happening in Munich when Flash arrives?
Essay Topic 1
In what way was European society going a transition in the 1840s? How does the author reflect that transition in the novel? What were the events that lead up to this transition?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
How does Fraser view Bismarck as a historical figure? How much did Fraser had to change Bismarck's character to fit with his story?
This section contains 1,271 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)