|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the lord Flash visits in Chapter 3?
2. In what country does the countess live?
3. Who does Flash find waiting for him at the castle?
4. What reason does Flash give for leaving London?
5. What do Elspeth's parents constantly remind Flash?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Flash do in Munich?
2. How do the people in the carriage react to Flash's presence?
3. What does Otto tell Flash before he leaves Tom's house?
4. What disappoints Flash about the Victorian era?
5. Describe the eventual fight between Gully and Otto.
6. What is Otto's opinion of boxing?
7. How does Flash react when he hears his wife has been unfaithful?
8. What does Flash discover about Countess de Landesfield?
9. How does Flash find himself in a darkened bedroom?
10. Why is Flash confused over Countess de Landsfield's letter in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Fraser view Rosanna as a historical figure? How much do the students think Fraser had to change Rosanna's character to fit with his story?
Essay Topic 2
Compare German and Danish culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about mid 19th century society.
1. The conflict between Denmark and Germany.
2. The Morrisons' attitude towards Flash.
3. Flash's attitude towards women.
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)