|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does Flash take with him on his journey?
2. What does Otto say he is missing from his bout with Gully?
3. Who orders the policeman to arrest Flash?
4. Who does Flash start an affair with at the end of Chapter 1?
5. What is the name of the friend with whom Flashman wants to seek adventure?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Rudi's new plan?
2. How do Elspeth and her parents react to Flash leaving London?
3. Why does Flash agree to go along with the men's plan?
4. How does Hansen get killed?
5. What happens to Flash when he wakes up after the party?
6. How does an affair start between Flash and Rosanna?
7. What does de Gautet say is Otto's real plan?
8. How does Flash win the crowd's approval in Strackenz?
9. Why does the policeman refuse to arrest Flash?
10. How does Flash react when he hears his wife has been unfaithful?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of George MacDonald Fraser's previous book and contrast it with ROYAL FLASH in terms of the following;
Essay Topic 2
In what way does Flash's life style go against Victorian values? Why does popular culture often represent characters like Flash as archaic?
Essay Topic 3
What was Britain like before the Victorian era? How did the Victorian era effect socialites like Harry Flashman? How has the Victorian era helped to shape British identity.
This section contains 1,259 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)