|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Flash react when Rosanna refuses to allow him to rest?
2. What does Flash refer to his state at Lola's dinner party?
3. What two states are Germany and Denmark fighting over?
4. What does Lord Ranelagh say Flash should not do if he sees him in public?
5. Who do the police refuse to allow Flash to contact?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Otto defeat Flash in the steeplechase race?
2. Describe Harry Flashman's character.
3. What does Flash do in Munich?
4. How does Flash learn German?
5. What does Flash discover about Countess de Landesfield?
6. How does Flash find himself in a darkened bedroom?
7. What news does Flash hear about Rosanna in the years between seeing her again?
8. What disappoints Flash about the Victorian era?
9. How do Flash and Speedicut escape the police?
10. How does Lola react to seeing Flash again?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)