|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Otto describe boxing?
2. How does the audience react to the revelation that Rosanna is not a Spanish daughter?
3. When does Flash say Mr. Morrison was proud of him?
4. How does Flash describe the baroness that is interested in him?
5. What does Flashman realize he could have avoided if he did not retaliate against Rosanna?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Flash think about Rosanna?
2. How do Flash and Speedicut escape the police?
3. Describe the eventual fight between Gully and Otto.
4. What does Flash discover about Countess de Landesfield?
5. Describe Harry Flashman's character.
6. What does Flash overhear about Lola?
7. How does Lola react to seeing Flash again?
8. How does Flash get away from the police the second time?
9. Describe Flash's journey to Munich.
10. How does Otto prove his lack of sportsmanship in Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)