|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two states are Germany and Denmark fighting over?
(a) Duchy nad Guernsey.
(b) Baravia and Moravia.
(c) Schleswig and Holstein.
(d) Bohemia and Pilzen.
2. What is least admired about the countess?
(a) Her politics.
(b) Her violent tempers.
(c) Her dislike of peasants.
(d) Her meaness with money.
3. Who does Flash receive a mysterious letter from in this chapter?
(a) Lady Schalter.
(b) Princess Reagan.
(c) Empress Ding.
(d) Countess de Landesfield.
4. At whose house does Flash meet Otto again?
(a) Tom Perceval's house.
(b) Louis Speedicut's houst.
(c) Gordon Bennett's house.
(d) Jack Sparrow's house.
5. What language does Flash have to learn in this chapter?
6. How does Flash describe the baroness that is interested in him?
(a) Skinny and dark haired.
(b) Curvy and mousy haired.
(c) Fat and blonde.
(d) Big nosed and balding.
7. What happens when Lola leads Flash to a darkened room?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He has a seizure.
(c) They have sex.
(d) He vomits.
8. Who greets Flash in Strackenz?
(a) A valet.
(b) A constable.
(c) A prince.
(d) A carriage driver.
9. What are most people's opinions of the Countess?
(a) Common and ugly.
(b) Trashy and foul.
(c) Beautiful and sweet.
(d) Funloving, but coarse.
10. What does Ranelagh say is Rosanna's real name?
(a) Henrietta Yardley.
(b) Betsy James.
(c) Jane Smith.
(d) Petra Toms.
11. What does Flash go to Tom's house to watch?
(a) A boxing match.
(b) A cricket match.
(c) A rugby match.
(d) A football match.
12. What is the name of the friend with whom Flashman wants to seek adventure?
13. Who does Otto claim is Flash's doppelganger?
(a) Prince Gustav.
(c) Duchy of Strackenz.
(d) King James.
14. How do Elspeth's parents want Flash to help them?
(a) Get them a place on a ship to America.
(b) Find a nice apartment.
(c) Find suitors for their other daughters.
(d) Find a job for their son.
15. Who is Flashman with when he hears policemen have arrived at a club?
(a) A barman.
(b) A clown.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A caberet singer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the irritating man Tom says he cannot get rid of?
2. Who does Flash ask to teach him German?
3. Who breaks into Flash's room in this section?
4. Who does Flash discover has taken up residency in London in this chapter?
5. What does the constable of Strakenz give to Flash?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)