|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Flashman decide not to confront his wife about her infidelities?
(a) He has other plans.
(b) She will question his own loyalty.
(c) He does not care.
(d) She may throw him out.
2. What is the name of Otto's family home?
3. What does Ranelagh say is Rosanna's real name?
(a) Jane Smith.
(b) Petra Toms.
(c) Betsy James.
(d) Henrietta Yardley.
4. What does Flash develop a plan to do in Chapter 3?
(a) Steal his wife's money.
(b) Move abroad.
(c) Divorce his wife.
(d) Unveil Rosanna's identity.
5. What does the policeman say Flash could break into and he still would not arrest him?
(a) Ten Downing Street.
(b) Windsor Castle.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
(d) The Royal Bank of England.
6. What does Otto say he is missing from his bout with Gully?
(a) An ear.
(b) A tooth.
(c) A chain.
(d) A ring.
7. Why does Flash say the Morrisons should be glad he is going away?
(a) He won't be spending their money.
(b) He will be far away from Elspeth.
(c) He will be able to find suitors for their daughters.
(d) He won't be able to embarrass them.
8. Who does Flash find waiting for him at the castle?
9. What is Flashman's rank in the horse guards?
10. What is the countess' real name?
11. How does Flash react when Rosanna refuses to allow him to rest?
(a) He kills her.
(b) He calls the police.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He ties her up.
12. Who does Flash receive a mysterious letter from in this chapter?
(a) Empress Ding.
(b) Countess de Landesfield.
(c) Lady Schalter.
(d) Princess Reagan.
13. What does Flash refer to his state at Lola's dinner party?
(a) Blind as a mole.
(b) Pissed as a newt.
(c) Wrong side of tipsy.
(d) Beastly drunk.
14. Who does Flash seduce in Chapter 7?
(a) A chambermaid.
(b) A cook.
(c) A princess.
(d) A queen.
15. What is Otto's title?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the tone of de Landefield's letter?
2. What country does Flash travel to in Chapter 7?
3. Why does Tom refuse to participate in the steeplechase?
4. What does the constable of Strakenz give to Flash?
5. What is the name of the friend with whom Flashman wants to seek adventure?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)