|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fitz accidentally skill?
2. Why was Burrich surprised no one knew they were coming?
3. Who do the Red Ship warriors target?
4. What does Shrewd tell Fitz about the letter?
5. What does Patience tell Fitz about Molly and her body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kettricken do to sooth Duke Brawndy's feelings? Why do you think she did this?
2. After Verity has been gone for a while what message does Regal receive? How does Regal respond to the message?
3. What is the deal the dukes strike with Regal concerning Fitz?
4. What kind of shape is Fitz in when he wakes up in the dungeon? Who comes to see him? What is he told?
5. What does Regal do to Fitz to try and make him confess to using the Wit?
6. What message does Chade bring Fitz and what do they do about that?
7. What does Regal do when Kettricken and the others arrive back at the palace? What do you think he really means to do?
8. What does Duke Brawndy tell Fitz and how does he feel about that? What do you think it says about Fitz that he's willing to see Celerity?
9. In Chapter 20, why does Fitz go to Chade about the king? What is Chade's response?
10. How does Regal obtain more money for his use? What does this tell you about Regal's character?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The reader will see that Fitz is caught between his own free will and the fact that he has sworn himself to his King.
1. Explain in detail what you think the above statement means?
2. Discuss why most people are caught between what they want and what they have to do to live in society.
3. Discuss at least three ways in which someone could balance commitments to others and commitment to self.
Essay Topic 2
Kettricken has decided to walk to Buckkeep town in the snow. Fitz is angry that she would go alone after the attack from the Forged ones and goes quickly after her. Kettricken goes back reluctantly with Fitz.
1. Discuss what you think of Kettricken as a person based on her behavior.
2. Discuss the difference between foolish behavior and bravery in the context of the above statement.
3. Do you think Fitz being angry at Kettricken is the best way to get her to rethink her behavior? Why or why not? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The Fool has now talked of prophecy and a small piece of Fitz's role in such prophecy. Discuss one of the following:
Trace and analyze the occurrences of prophesy in LORD OF CHAOS.
1. Many fantasy novels include some "prophesy" in their storyline. Why do you think this is?
2. Do you think Fitz knowing about the prophesies about him will help him? How could it hinder him?
3. Trace and analyze the occurrences of prophesy in ROYAL ASSASSIN.
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)