|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Duke Brawdy tell Fitz about him and his daughter?
2. What does Fitz decide to do after his conversation with Patience about Molly?
3. What happens when Fitz takes a potion?
4. Who has sent Fitz a letter?
5. Why can't Verity return?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Fitz as the result of being the go between for Verity and Shrewd to communicate?
2. In Chapter 25 who intercepts Kettricken and the others on the way back from the battle and why?
3. What is the deal the dukes strike with Regal concerning Fitz?
4. What message does Chade bring Fitz and what do they do about that?
5. How did Fitz manage to get away from Regal?
6. In Chapter 17 what happens between Fitz and Molly? Why do you think Molly reacted the way she did?
7. How does Fitz realize the king has a disease? Do you think this might have made him feel better about the way the king has been acting?
8. What does Verity have Fitz do in the map room? What does Fitz discover there?
9. What does Regal do to Fitz to try and make him confess to using the Wit?
10. Why is Fitz called to see the King? What does he do about it? Do you think what he wrote was believable?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fitz has hidden things from Molly in his past; he hides things from Burrich regarding the wolf pup, and he doesn't tell King Shrewd or Verity what is going on.
1. Why do you think Fitz keeps so many secrets? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Fitz is in love with Molly yet has lied to her many times about who he is. Discuss how lies like this can affect a relationship between two people.
3. Do you think given Burrich's attitude towards the Wit Fitz is wise to keep the wolf pup a secret? Why or why not? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Kettricken has decided to walk to Buckkeep town in the snow. Fitz is angry that she would go alone after the attack from the Forged ones and goes quickly after her. Kettricken goes back reluctantly with Fitz.
1. Discuss what you think of Kettricken as a person based on her behavior.
2. Discuss the difference between foolish behavior and bravery in the context of the above statement.
3. Do you think Fitz being angry at Kettricken is the best way to get her to rethink her behavior? Why or why not? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
King Shrewd is obviously insane or very ill or both. Discuss one of the following?
1. How does King Shrewd's mental and/or physical health impact the situation in Royal Assassin?
2. A number of insane rulers have been tolerated in the "real" world who have wrecked havoc with their people's lives and country's well being. Should a king/queen retain sovereignty if it is obvious they are not fit to rule?
3. Why do you think insane rulers are often allowed to make poor decisions that affect a great number of people?
This section contains 1,219 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)