|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Duke Brawdy tell Fitz about him and his daughter?
2. What does the king say Regal's spies have uncovered?
3. What does Burrich leave with Fitz?
4. Why can't Fitz see anyone who used to know him?
5. Who was Regal's assassin and spy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fitz finally figure out is the reason he has been feeling so weak? What does he do about it and what are the repercussions?
2. Do the Red ship warriors seem to attack in the battle at Neatbay? What do some people call Fitz after the battle?
3. What happens the next time Fitz sees Molly after making a decision based on what Patience told him? Do you think it would be strange to know someone is watching through your eyes when with your girlfriend?
4. Who does Fitz find in his room in Chapter 23, what does he do, and what does Molly come and tell him?
5. What does Kettricken do to sooth Duke Brawndy's feelings? Why do you think she did this?
6. In Chapter 25 who intercepts Kettricken and the others on the way back from the battle and why?
7. How does Fitz realize the king has a disease? Do you think this might have made him feel better about the way the king has been acting?
8. What happens when Fitz and Burrich go to Shrewd so he can skill and find out if Verity is alive?
9. In Chapter 18, what does Patience tell Fitz about Molly and what does he decide? Do you think it should be his decision alone?
10. What happens to Fitz as the result of being the go between for Verity and Shrewd to communicate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The next day everyone is ready for vengeance for the attack on Kettricken but she tells them that they should take off their finery and jewels because the ones they are hunting are their brothers and sisters.
1. Discuss what you think Kettricken meant by this statement. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. If there was a disease that made people do what Forged individuals do how would you handle the situation if your brothers and sisters were ill?
3. Discuss in detail what Kettricken's statement tells you about her as a person.
Essay Topic 2
One of the common elements of fantasy is the presence of some sort of magic. Discuss the following:
1. What sort of cultural problems do you think the United States would have if it were suddenly discovered that 1% of its population possessed magical abilities similar to the Wit or the Skill?
3. Would you want to part of the 1% of the population that possesses magical abilities? Why or why not?
4. Do you think most people would use their magical abilities for good or evil? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Molly looks at things very differently than Fitz does. She appears to see his devotion to the king as a sign that he loves her less, and he believes that standing up and working for the king may be the way to keep her safe.
1. Discuss why the above statement is an example of poor communication between two friends or lovers. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Write down the steps you believe that Fitz and Molly should take in order to communicate better.
3. It appears that both Molly and Fitz believe hiding some of what they feel or think is best for the other person. Some people believe one should always be honest. Do you agree with this? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,272 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)