|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what condition is Burrich when he arrives at the palace?
2. How does Molly react to her and Fitz's conversation?
3. Who has sent Fitz a letter?
4. What does the letter handed to Kettricken say?
5. About what does Burrich warn Fitz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Verity have Fitz do in the map room? What does Fitz discover there?
2. What happens to Fitz as the result of being the go between for Verity and Shrewd to communicate?
3. What does Duke Brawndy tell Fitz and how does he feel about that? What do you think it says about Fitz that he's willing to see Celerity?
4. What kind of shape is Fitz in when he wakes up in the dungeon? Who comes to see him? What is he told?
5. What is the deal the dukes strike with Regal concerning Fitz?
6. How does Fitz get Regal and his servant out of the king's chamber in order to take him to safety?
7. What message does Chade bring Fitz and what do they do about that?
8. Who does Fitz find in his room in Chapter 23, what does he do, and what does Molly come and tell him?
9. After Verity has been gone for a while what message does Regal receive? How does Regal respond to the message?
10. In Chapter 20, why does Fitz go to Chade about the king? What is Chade's response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Molly looks at things very differently than Fitz does. She appears to see his devotion to the king as a sign that he loves her less, and he believes that standing up and working for the king may be the way to keep her safe.
1. Discuss why the above statement is an example of poor communication between two friends or lovers. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Write down the steps you believe that Fitz and Molly should take in order to communicate better.
3. It appears that both Molly and Fitz believe hiding some of what they feel or think is best for the other person. Some people believe one should always be honest. Do you agree with this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Kettricken doesn't act the way she is expected to in the court but this is beginning to prove to be a help rather than a hindrance.
1. Do you think Kettricken is acting too much like a male for this type of society? Why?
2. Using examples from the text, discuss ways in which Kettricken may be alienating people who expect different behavior from a queen.
3. Discuss a parallel between Kettricken's behavior and one of the first ladies in USA who the public said was overly involved or assertive, e.g. Eleanor Roosevelt, Hilary Clinton, etc.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following:
Trace and analyze the theme of power throughout ROYAL ASSASSIN.
Trace and analyze the theme of magic throughout ROYAL ASSASSIN.
Trace and analyze the theme of evil throughout ROYAL ASSASSIN.
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)