|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does King Shrewd respond to Burrich's report?
2. What is the Fool to do?
3. Who is stunned by being mentally repelled?
4. Who does Fitz hear through the stone wall?
5. About what does Burrich warn Fitz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Duke Brawndy tell Fitz and how does he feel about that? What do you think it says about Fitz that he's willing to see Celerity?
2. In Chapter 20, why does Fitz go to Chade about the king? What is Chade's response?
3. What happens to Fitz as the result of being the go between for Verity and Shrewd to communicate?
4. How does Fitz get Regal and his servant out of the king's chamber in order to take him to safety?
5. What happens when Fitz and Burrich go to Shrewd so he can skill and find out if Verity is alive?
6. What does Kettricken do to sooth Duke Brawndy's feelings? Why do you think she did this?
7. In Chapter 17 what happens between Fitz and Molly? Why do you think Molly reacted the way she did?
8. What is the deal the dukes strike with Regal concerning Fitz?
9. Why is Fitz called to see the King? What does he do about it? Do you think what he wrote was believable?
10. How does Fitz realize the king has a disease? Do you think this might have made him feel better about the way the king has been acting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In ROYAL ASSASSIN, there seems to be more individuals/groups who are not trustworthy than are: Discuss one of the following:
1. Name two groups/factions/individuals who are untrustworthy and analyze their actions and impact upon the plot throughout Royal Assassin.
2. Name two groups/factions/individuals who are trustworthy and analyze their actions and impact upon the plot throughout Royal Assassin.
3. Who do you think Fitz trusts in this book and is his trust well founded? Who does he mistrust and why? Give specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
When Fitz returns to his room the Fool is still waiting. He tells Fitz where he comes from and then tells him that the reason he came to the kingdom is because of Fitz. The Fool knows the future and tells Fitz the Forged ones and those that create them will cover the land if Fitz' family falls. Fitz's family name is Farseer and the Fool tells Fitz the name was chosen for them because of Fitz. Fitz demands that the Fool leave and that he doesn't want to hear anymore.
1. Why do you the Fool acts the way he does if he is a prophet and can see the future? Use examples from the book and your own reasoning to support your opinion.
2. Why do you think Fitz doesn't want to hear about what the Fool sees as his role in history? Use examples from the book and your own reasoning to support your opinion.
3. In view of the fact that Fitz is basically a teenager at this time do you think his reaction to what the Fool said would be different if he was ten years older? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Politics and manipulation influence much of what happens in ROYAL ASSASSIN, including some of Fitz's choices in response to others attempting to manipulate him. Discuss one of the following:
1. Describe the political situation in ROYAL ASSASSIN and how it impacts the actions of three of the major characters.
2. Discuss and analyze several people who try to manipulate Fitz and his responses to them.
3. Although Fitz is considered inferior because he is a bastard he seems to be as deep into the political situation as any of the legitimately born nobles. Discuss why you think this is so.
This section contains 1,309 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)