|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Burrich decide to teach Fitz?
2. What happens when Fitz goes to King Shrewd's chambers to tell him what is happening around the palace?
3. What does the Fool tell Fitz he knows?
4. Who has killed a small girl Fitz sees?
5. What do King Shrewd and the Fool see in a vision?
Short Essay Questions
1. What animal does Fitz buy in town, what does he do with it and why?
2. What does Burrich hear in the tavern where Fitz and he stop on the way to Buckkeep?
3. Why does Fitz feel strange after being in the smoke in the king's chamber?
4. What does the Fool ask of Fitz in Chapter 14 and what is Fitz's response?
5. What does the King tell Fitz about who he will marry? How do you think Fitz felt?
6. What does Fitz find out Kettricken has done in Chapter 9 and what does he do about it? How does she react? Do you think she's being stupid?
7. What does Fitz do about the Forged ones and what occurs in his first encounter with them?
8. In Chapter 3, who finds Fitz and takes him to Patience and what happens while he is visiting Patience?
9. What are the two magics Fitz possesses and what does each magic do?
10. Who confronts Fitz in Chapter 10 about Kettricken and why? Why do you think they want him to talk to Verity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kettricken doesn't act the way she is expected to in the court but this is beginning to prove to be a help rather than a hindrance.
1. Do you think Kettricken is acting too much like a male for this type of society? Why?
2. Using examples from the text, discuss ways in which Kettricken may be alienating people who expect different behavior from a queen.
3. Discuss a parallel between Kettricken's behavior and one of the first ladies in USA who the public said was overly involved or assertive, e.g. Eleanor Roosevelt, Hilary Clinton, etc.
Essay Topic 2
The reader will see that Fitz is caught between his own free will and the fact that he has sworn himself to his King.
1. Explain in detail what you think the above statement means?
2. Discuss why most people are caught between what they want and what they have to do to live in society.
3. Discuss at least three ways in which someone could balance commitments to others and commitment to self.
Essay Topic 3
Politics and manipulation influence much of what happens in ROYAL ASSASSIN, including some of Fitz's choices in response to others attempting to manipulate him. Discuss one of the following:
1. Describe the political situation in ROYAL ASSASSIN and how it impacts the actions of three of the major characters.
2. Discuss and analyze several people who try to manipulate Fitz and his responses to them.
3. Although Fitz is considered inferior because he is a bastard he seems to be as deep into the political situation as any of the legitimately born nobles. Discuss why you think this is so.
This section contains 1,208 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)