|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Verity have to do to connect with Fitz?
2. What does King Shrewd make Fitz promise him?
3. What does Fitz tell Kettricken?
4. Who meets Fitz in the hall and helps him to his room?
5. Who follows Fitz when he looks for Kettricken?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Fitz find when he goes to look for the Forged ones and what does he do?
2. What does Kettricken tell Fitz about her life in Chapter 5 and what does he say? How does she respond?
3. What are the two magics Fitz possesses and what does each magic do?
4. What does Burrich hear in the tavern where Fitz and he stop on the way to Buckkeep?
5. What does the King tell Fitz about who he will marry? How do you think Fitz felt?
6. What does Verity tell Fitz about the Forged ones in Chapter 6 and what does he tell Fitz to do?
7. What does Molly tell Fitz and when he questioned her what did he find out? What do Fitz and Molly decide after their confrontation in Chapter 12?
8. Why does Fitz go to see Molly after the Forged ones' funeral and what happens when he does?
9. What animal does Fitz buy in town, what does he do with it and why?
10. What does Fitz ask Verity about Regal and how does Verity respond in Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fitz has hidden things from Molly in his past; he hides things from Burrich regarding the wolf pup, and he doesn't tell King Shrewd or Verity what is going on.
1. Why do you think Fitz keeps so many secrets? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Fitz is in love with Molly yet has lied to her many times about who he is. Discuss how lies like this can affect a relationship between two people.
3. Do you think given Burrich's attitude towards the Wit Fitz is wise to keep the wolf pup a secret? Why or why not? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The reader will see that Fitz is caught between his own free will and the fact that he has sworn himself to his King.
1. Explain in detail what you think the above statement means?
2. Discuss why most people are caught between what they want and what they have to do to live in society.
3. Discuss at least three ways in which someone could balance commitments to others and commitment to self.
Essay Topic 3
The next day everyone is ready for vengeance for the attack on Kettricken but she tells them that they should take off their finery and jewels because the ones they are hunting are their brothers and sisters.
1. Discuss what you think Kettricken meant by this statement. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. If there was a disease that made people do what Forged individuals do how would you handle the situation if your brothers and sisters were ill?
3. Discuss in detail what Kettricken's statement tells you about her as a person.
This section contains 1,222 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)