|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kettricken do the next morning?
2. What concerns Fitz about Kettricken?
3. Why does Chade's ferret begin to puke?
4. According to the Fool why was the name Farseer chosen for Fitz's family?
5. What does Fitz realize when he sees Kettricken?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fitz decide to ask the king about concerning Molly? What does Verity say about this and Fitz's desire for a different position? Why do you think Fitz wants a different position?
2. How does Burrich criticize Fitz at the beginning of Chapter 5? What would you do if someone said that to you?
3. Why does Fitz go to see Molly after the Forged ones' funeral and what happens when he does?
4. What does the cook tell Fitz about the death of the Forged ones that Fitz encountered? Why do you think this would concern Fitz?
5. Where does Fitz take Nighteyes to hunt and what does he do with him in Chapter 11?
6. Who confronts Fitz in Chapter 10 about Kettricken and why? Why do you think they want him to talk to Verity?
7. Why does Fitz feel strange after being in the smoke in the king's chamber?
8. What does the Fool ask of Fitz in Chapter 14 and what is Fitz's response?
9. What paralyzes the crew of the Rurisk and how does Fitz handle the problem? Do you think this is an incidence of foreshadowing?
10. Who trains Fitz as an assassin, who knows this and to whom is Fitz sworn in service?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
King Shrewd is obviously insane or very ill or both. Discuss one of the following?
1. How does King Shrewd's mental and/or physical health impact the situation in Royal Assassin?
2. A number of insane rulers have been tolerated in the "real" world who have wrecked havoc with their people's lives and country's well being. Should a king/queen retain sovereignty if it is obvious they are not fit to rule?
3. Why do you think insane rulers are often allowed to make poor decisions that affect a great number of people?
Essay Topic 2
Fitz stops by Patience's room and Patience tells him that there is a very bitter herb that Molly has been taking that prevents pregnancy but can cause other problems. Fitz decides it will be better if he lets her move on with her life. The next time Fitz sees Molly he is unable to resist her and they sleep together again.
1. People often believe it is the woman's responsibility to practice birth control. Explain your opinion in detail.
2. Fitz appears concerned about the herb Molly is taking when Patience tells him yet when he sees her to break it off he sleeps with her instead. How does this behavior affect your opinion of Fitz's character?
3. Do you think it was wrong of Patience to tell Fitz about Molly since Molly had not told him? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Politics and manipulation influence much of what happens in ROYAL ASSASSIN, including some of Fitz's choices in response to others attempting to manipulate him. Discuss one of the following:
1. Describe the political situation in ROYAL ASSASSIN and how it impacts the actions of three of the major characters.
2. Discuss and analyze several people who try to manipulate Fitz and his responses to them.
3. Although Fitz is considered inferior because he is a bastard he seems to be as deep into the political situation as any of the legitimately born nobles. Discuss why you think this is so.
This section contains 1,217 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)