|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Burrich tell Fitz part of being a man involves?
2. What does the cub believe about Fitz and him?
3. What type of magic does Fitz possess?
4. Who is Patience's personal servant?
5. What ability does the Wit give?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fitz find out when he returns from his mission for the king and how does he feel about it? Given Regal's attitude towards her what do you think of her going riding with him?
2. What does the Fool tell Fitz in exchange for his favor? How did Fitz respond? Why do you think he responded in that manner?
3. Who confronts Fitz in Chapter 10 about Kettricken and why? Why do you think they want him to talk to Verity?
4. What does Fitz do about the Forged ones and what occurs in his first encounter with them?
5. How does Nighteyes save Fitz's life? Do you think this should change his mind about bonding?
6. What does Fitz ask Verity about Regal and how does Verity respond in Chapter 3?
7. What does Fitz find out about Kettricken and how does he find it out? Do you think this is important?
8. What animal does Fitz buy in town, what does he do with it and why?
9. What does Burrich hear in the tavern where Fitz and he stop on the way to Buckkeep?
10. What does Verity tell Fitz about the Forged ones in Chapter 6 and what does he tell Fitz to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Molly looks at things very differently than Fitz does. She appears to see his devotion to the king as a sign that he loves her less, and he believes that standing up and working for the king may be the way to keep her safe.
1. Discuss why the above statement is an example of poor communication between two friends or lovers. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Write down the steps you believe that Fitz and Molly should take in order to communicate better.
3. It appears that both Molly and Fitz believe hiding some of what they feel or think is best for the other person. Some people believe one should always be honest. Do you agree with this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Fitz goes back to the palace every ten days and finally gets an opportunity to ask King Shrewd about Molly. The king tells Fitz that Duke Brawndy's daughter, Celerity, wants to court Fitz. For reasons of the court King Shrewd refuses to consent to Fitz marrying a servant girl and refuses to let Fitz refuse Celerity, as it would be an insult to the duke for the bastard grandson to refuse nobility.
1. Do you think it is fair that an act done by Fitz's mother and father, which made him a bastard, is held against Fitz? Why or why not?
2. How do you think Fitz being a bastard has shaped his personality? Use examples from the book and your own reasoning to support your opinion.
3. Do you think an arranged marriage could ever be a good marriage? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
When Fitz returns to his room the Fool is still waiting. He tells Fitz where he comes from and then tells him that the reason he came to the kingdom is because of Fitz. The Fool knows the future and tells Fitz the Forged ones and those that create them will cover the land if Fitz' family falls. Fitz's family name is Farseer and the Fool tells Fitz the name was chosen for them because of Fitz. Fitz demands that the Fool leave and that he doesn't want to hear anymore.
1. Why do you the Fool acts the way he does if he is a prophet and can see the future? Use examples from the book and your own reasoning to support your opinion.
2. Why do you think Fitz doesn't want to hear about what the Fool sees as his role in history? Use examples from the book and your own reasoning to support your opinion.
3. In view of the fact that Fitz is basically a teenager at this time do you think his reaction to what the Fool said would be different if he was ten years older? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,395 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)