|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Dukes offer Fitz?
(a) Exile for ten years.
(b) Either death or ruling at Buckkeep.
(c) A new identity.
(d) Death by hanging or burning.
2. What do Verity and Kettricken decide needs to be done?
(a) Find out what's wrong with Verity's father.
(b) Find the Elerlings.
(c) Find out where the Red ships come from.
(d) Find Fitz's father's sword.
3. About what does Burrich warn Fitz?
(a) To stay away from Kittricken.
(b) To take care with his food if it comes from the royal kitchens.
(c) The danger of Regal becoming King.
(d) No to keep using the wit.
4. How does King Shrewd respond to Burrich's report?
(a) With a demand that the attackers be found immediately.
(b) By saying that the group deserved to be attacked.
(c) King Shrewd listens carefully but drowsily and doesn't respond fully.
(d) He acts as though he is not listening.
5. What does Regal do about the rider from Ferry?
(a) Immediately calls for a muster.
(c) Accepts the tithe.
(d) Calls for a celebration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fitz do about his feelings for Kettricken?
2. Why does Duke Brawndy request Fitz's presence?
3. Who plans an escape for the King and Kettricken?
4. What does Duke Brawdy tell Fitz about him and his daughter?
5. What does Shrewd tell Fitz about the letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 25 who intercepts Kettricken and the others on the way back from the battle and why?
2. How did Fitz manage to get away from Regal?
3. In Chapter 17 what happens between Fitz and Molly? Why do you think Molly reacted the way she did?
4. Who does Fitz find in his room in Chapter 23, what does he do, and what does Molly come and tell him?
5. What happens to Kettricken after the group returns from battle and what does Fitz find out about that?
6. Why is Fitz called to see the King? What does he do about it? Do you think what he wrote was believable?
7. What does Regal do to Fitz to try and make him confess to using the Wit?
8. What does Kettricken do to sooth Duke Brawndy's feelings? Why do you think she did this?
9. What is the deal the dukes strike with Regal concerning Fitz?
10. What happens when Fitz and Burrich go to Shrewd so he can skill and find out if Verity is alive?
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)