|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Regal's assassin and spy?
(a) Regal's illegitimate daughter.
(b) The young maid serving Kettricken.
(c) Regal's young cousin.
2. What do Verity and Kettricken decide needs to be done?
(a) Find the Elerlings.
(b) Find out what's wrong with Verity's father.
(c) Find Fitz's father's sword.
(d) Find out where the Red ships come from.
3. Who does Fitz find searching his room?
(b) The Captain of the Guards.
(d) Skill workers.
4. What does Shrewd tell Fitz about the letter?
(a) He must write her a response.
(b) It is written in a language Fitz can't read.
(c) He can tear it up.
(d) It has poison on it.
5. What does Regal do about the rider from Ferry?
(a) Accepts the tithe.
(b) Immediately calls for a muster.
(d) Calls for a celebration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fitz tell Molly about?
2. About what does Burrich warn Fitz?
3. Why can't Fitz see anyone who used to know him?
4. What concerns Fitz about Chade?
5. Why is the King unwilling to escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 20, why does Fitz go to Chade about the king? What is Chade's response?
2. After Verity has been gone for a while what message does Regal receive? How does Regal respond to the message?
3. Why is Fitz called to see the King? What does he do about it? Do you think what he wrote was believable?
4. What happens the next time Fitz sees Molly after making a decision based on what Patience told him? Do you think it would be strange to know someone is watching through your eyes when with your girlfriend?
5. What happens to Fitz as the result of being the go between for Verity and Shrewd to communicate?
6. How does Regal obtain more money for his use? What does this tell you about Regal's character?
7. What does Duke Brawndy tell Fitz and how does he feel about that? What do you think it says about Fitz that he's willing to see Celerity?
8. What does Duke Brawndy tell Fitz and how does he respond? How does Chade feel about Fitz's response?
9. How does Fitz realize the king has a disease? Do you think this might have made him feel better about the way the king has been acting?
10. Who does Regal produce to be witnesses against Fitz and how does he know them?
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)