|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Duke Brawndy request Fitz's presence?
(a) To ask Fitz if the Duke's daughter is Fitz's lover.
(b) To ask Fiz to declare himself king and marry the Duke's daughter.
(c) To inform Fitz he is under arrest.
(d) To tell him he knows about Regal's plot to kill the King.
2. Who was Regal's assassin and spy?
(a) The young maid serving Kettricken.
(b) Regal's young cousin.
(d) Regal's illegitimate daughter.
3. Who does Fitz find searching his room?
(b) Skill workers.
(d) The Captain of the Guards.
4. What does Fitz do about his feelings for Kettricken?
(a) Avoids her.
(b) Tells her how he feels.
(c) Becomes very formal with her.
(d) Tells Verity to quit thinking about Kettricken in his head.
5. What do Fitz and the King learn?
(a) They are unable to make contact with Verity.
(b) Verity is dead.
(c) Verity is alive.
(d) They learn nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Burrich upset?
2. Why is the King unwilling to escape?
3. With whom does Fitz connect through the skill?
4. Who does Regal say he will kill as traitors to the throne?
5. Why can't Fitz see anyone who used to know him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fitz realize the king has a disease? Do you think this might have made him feel better about the way the king has been acting?
2. What does Verity have Fitz do in the map room? What does Fitz discover there?
3. In Chapter 18, what does Patience tell Fitz about Molly and what does he decide? Do you think it should be his decision alone?
4. Why is Fitz called to see the King? What does he do about it? Do you think what he wrote was believable?
5. Do the Red ship warriors seem to attack in the battle at Neatbay? What do some people call Fitz after the battle?
6. What happens to Kettricken after the group returns from battle and what does Fitz find out about that?
7. What does Kettricken do to sooth Duke Brawndy's feelings? Why do you think she did this?
8. In Chapter 20, why does Fitz go to Chade about the king? What is Chade's response?
9. How does Regal obtain more money for his use? What does this tell you about Regal's character?
10. What does Regal do when Kettricken and the others arrive back at the palace? What do you think he really means to do?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)