|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What situation does the king tell Fitz about?
(a) Regal's plans to kill Fitz.
(b) Who the Fool really is.
(c) A woman gathering support for Regal.
(d) A Duke who has committed treason.
2. Who does Chade want Fitz to help out in court?
3. Why does Fitz take the animal back to the palace?
(a) He likes it.
(b) He wants a pet.
(c) He's going to give it to Molly.
(d) It is badly hurt.
4. What does Fitz do about the situation in a nearby town the king tells him about?
(b) Has Verity go there and talk to the town.
(c) Poisons the criminal.
(d) Has the soldiers burn the town.
5. What concerns Fitz about Kettricken?
(a) That it is almost dark.
(b) Who is riding with her.
(c) What horse she is riding.
(d) That she is a poor rider.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fitz see in a dream the night the Fool talked to him?
2. What does Nighteyes do when Verity and guards show up where Fitz was fighting?
3. Who stops Fitz on the way to see Kettricken?
4. What has been sent out to look for Kettricken?
5. For what profession was Fitz trained?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Fool tell Fitz in exchange for his favor? How did Fitz respond? Why do you think he responded in that manner?
2. What does the King tell Fitz about who he will marry? How do you think Fitz felt?
3. What does Fitz do at night with the wolf? Why do you think he's doing that?
4. What paralyzes the crew of the Rurisk and how does Fitz handle the problem? Do you think this is an incidence of foreshadowing?
5. What is the warning about both magics and how is Wit magic viewed?
6. What does the cook tell Fitz about the death of the Forged ones that Fitz encountered? Why do you think this would concern Fitz?
7. What does Burrich hear in the tavern where Fitz and he stop on the way to Buckkeep?
8. What does Fitz find out Kettricken has done in Chapter 9 and what does he do about it? How does she react? Do you think she's being stupid?
9. Why does Fitz go to see Molly after the Forged ones' funeral and what happens when he does?
10. What does Fitz ask Verity about Regal and how does Verity respond in Chapter 3?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)