|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Verity use Fitz for in his new position?
(a) An assassin.
(b) A spy.
(c) A royal messenger.
(d) His Skill connection.
2. Where is Kettricken when Fitz returns to the palace in Chapter 6?
(a) Having tea with Patience.
(b) In the Queen's garden.
(c) Out riding.
(d) With her ladies.
3. What does Fitz see in a dream the night the Fool talked to him?
(a) Molly being pregnant.
(b) Nighteyes dying in a fire.
(c) The land blooming and healthy.
(d) The land attacked by those who want to kill everyone.
4. Who poisoned Fitz?
(a) King Shrewd.
(b) Prince Veriety.
(c) Prince Regal.
5. Why does Fitz buy the animal that's for sale?
(a) To give it to Burrich.
(b) To give it to Molly.
(c) No particular reason.
(d) To set it free.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fitz react to the Fool's assertions?
2. Why does Chade's ferret begin to puke?
3. What type of magic does Fitz possess?
4. What does Verity tell Fitz about the countryside?
5. Why is Verity looking and acting ill?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who confronts Fitz in Chapter 10 about Kettricken and why? Why do you think they want him to talk to Verity?
2. What does the cook tell Fitz about the death of the Forged ones that Fitz encountered? Why do you think this would concern Fitz?
3. How do the people at the palace feel about the Forged ones' encounter with Kettricken and what does she tell them?
4. In Chapter 3, who finds Fitz and takes him to Patience and what happens while he is visiting Patience?
5. What does Molly tell Fitz and when he questioned her what did he find out? What do Fitz and Molly decide after their confrontation in Chapter 12?
6. What does Burrich hear in the tavern where Fitz and he stop on the way to Buckkeep?
7. Why does Fitz feel strange after being in the smoke in the king's chamber?
8. What animal does Fitz buy in town, what does he do with it and why?
9. What are the two magics Fitz possesses and what does each magic do?
10. What paralyzes the crew of the Rurisk and how does Fitz handle the problem? Do you think this is an incidence of foreshadowing?
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)