|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the letter handed to Kettricken say?
(a) That Verity is dead.
(b) That Kettricken is under arrest for treason.
(c) That Regal is dead.
(d) That Kettricken's father has been killed.
2. What does Regal say about Kettricken?
(a) He makes crude comments publicly about her.
(b) She is under arrest.
(c) She must marry him now.
(d) She is stripped of her title.
3. In what condition is Burrich when he arrives at the palace?
(a) He is tired.
(b) He is fine.
(c) He is wounded.
(d) He is covered in blood and mud.
4. Who does Fitz accidentally skill?
5. For what is Verity searching?
(a) Ancient beings.
(b) The secret to immortality.
(c) The secret to using a lodestone.
(d) The chief of the Red Ship warriors.
6. Why is Burrich upset?
(a) He ran into some bandits.
(b) Verity is dead.
(c) He fought a duel that morning.
(d) He and Verity and their group were attacked.
7. Why can't Verity return?
(a) He is badly injured.
(b) He is caring for his injured men.
(c) He has no resources.
(d) He has renoucned the throne.
8. From whom does Kettricken receive messages?
(c) Several Dukes.
(d) Duke Brawndy.
9. In Chapter 19 a rider arrives from Ferry to bring what to the palace?
(a) Fresh troops.
(b) A message.
(c) The yearly tithe.
(d) News of a great victory over the Red ships.
10. What does the king tell Duke Brawndy about the attack on his realm?
(a) They will have Duke Windslor aid him.
(b) They will give him some gold.
(c) They can't provide him with any aid.
(d) They will send troops.
11. Who do the Red Ship warriors target?
12. What does Shrewd tell Fitz about the letter?
(a) He can tear it up.
(b) It is written in a language Fitz can't read.
(c) He must write her a response.
(d) It has poison on it.
13. Who was Regal's assassin and spy?
(b) Regal's young cousin.
(c) The young maid serving Kettricken.
(d) Regal's illegitimate daughter.
14. What does Fitz realize when he arrives at the map room?
(a) The location of the town, Shinto, that Verity is looking for.
(b) Someone has gone through the room looking for something.
(c) The ending of the river Verity is near.
(d) The map that Verity wants to see.
15. What concerns Fitz about Chade?
(a) That he is not with Kettricken.
(b) That Chade will confess under torture.
(c) That he will be blamed for Verity's absence.
(d) That he will also be put to death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Fitz begun to have feelings for Kettricken?
2. Why can't Fitz see anyone who used to know him?
3. What do the Dukes offer Fitz?
4. How does Regal gain entry back into the King's chambers?
5. How does Molly react to her and Fitz's conversation?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)