|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Verity and Kettricken decide needs to be done?
(a) Find the Elerlings.
(b) Find out what's wrong with Verity's father.
(c) Find Fitz's father's sword.
(d) Find out where the Red ships come from.
2. Why was Burrich surprised no one knew they were coming?
(a) A homing pigeon had been sent.
(b) A messenger was sent ahead.
(c) Verity told his father.
(d) Verity sent word through the palace skill workers.
3. How do they get Regal and his servant out of King Shrewd's bedroom?
(a) By having Regal's mother ask for his presence.
(b) By tell Regal Verity is riding through the gates.
(c) By Kettricken pretending to be badly hurt.
(d) By sounding a false attack alarm.
4. What does Patience tell Fitz is to happen to him?
(a) He will be kept in the dungeon until the furor dies down.
(b) He is to be put to death.
(c) He is to be exiled.
(d) He is to be made the heir to the throne.
5. Who does Regal say he will kill as traitors to the throne?
(a) Chade and the Fool only.
(b) Molly only.
(c) Everyone Fitz cares for.
(d) Only Kettricken.
6. Why does Kettricken try to act like a proper queen?
(a) To stop Regal's undermining of her husband.
(b) So she will please Fitz.
(c) So the people will like her.
(d) So she can do what she wants on the sly.
7. Why does the Fool visit Fitz?
(a) To kill Fitz.
(b) To tell Fitz about Kettricken.
(c) To manipulate Fitz into taking him with King Shrewd.
(d) To warn Fitz.
8. What does Fitz realize when he takes the king's hand?
(a) The king is insane.
(b) He has a disease and is in great pain.
(c) Verity is very much like his father.
(d) The king is going to die tomorrw.
9. Who does Verity think will help him about the Red Ship warriors?
(a) A traitor from the Red Ship.
(b) No one.
(c) The seer of Orla.
(d) The Elderlings.
10. How does King Shrewd respond to Burrich's report?
(a) With a demand that the attackers be found immediately.
(b) King Shrewd listens carefully but drowsily and doesn't respond fully.
(c) He acts as though he is not listening.
(d) By saying that the group deserved to be attacked.
11. Where is Fitz summoned the day after he visited the king?
(a) To Kettricken.
(b) To the palace chamberlain.
(c) To Regal.
(d) To Chade's room.
12. From whom does Kettricken receive messages?
(c) Several Dukes.
(d) Duke Brawndy.
13. Who plans an escape for the King and Kettricken?
(a) Fitz and Chade.
(b) Fitz and Regal.
(c) Fitz and Burrich.
(d) Fitz alone.
14. With whom does Fitz connect through the skill?
(a) King Shrewd.
(c) Duke Brawndy.
15. What happens to Kettricken?
(a) She falls down the stairs.
(b) She delivers a baby boy.
(c) She reveals Fitz's plan.
(d) She decides to kill Regal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shrewd realize when Fitz goes to see him?
2. In Chapter 19 a rider arrives from Ferry to bring what to the palace?
3. Molly tells Fitz which two people had been in love but didn't marry?
4. What is the Fool to do?
5. What do Molly and Fitz do after they run into each other?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)