Prologue, Chapter 1-4
• FitzChivalry, the bastard son of a prince, has both skill magic and wit magic.
• He can touch minds with humans with the skill and with animals with the wit.
• Regal, son of the King, hates Fitz and is afraid of him and has him locked up and poisoned.
• He has been trained to be an assassin and has pledged his loyalty to the king.
• Fitz has accidentally linked with King Shrewd and is seeing what he sees. He is still weak from the poison.
• They see red ships off the coast and people being attacked and killed.
• Fitz and Burrich leave to return to Buckkeep and hear gossip on the way that everyone likes Prince Regal.
• People are unhappy that Verity, Regal's brother, wants to tax people to defend against the red ships.
• Fitz wants to go look for Molly but Verity gives him tasks...
This section contains 1,834 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)