|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the play opens, who is about to go to a convent?
2. Why doesn' t Pedro know who the Englishmen were he fought off with his sword after the attack on Florinda?
(a) They ran away too quickly.
(b) They have never met.
(c) They were wearing masks.
(d) They were too drunk.
3. Which of the following is NOT an example of foreshadowing in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Blunt's comment about being robbed by prostitutes.
(b) Pedro's comment that Florinda will find true love.
(c) Frederic's comment that he hopes Luceta will teach Blunt a lesson.
(d) Belvile's calling Willmore the rover.
4. The Rover is considered to be what kind of play?
(b) Sketch comedy.
(c) Situation comedy.
(d) A Restoration Comedy.
5. What does Florinda bring with her to the garden?
(a) A key to the gate.
(b) A case of clothes.
(c) A case of jewelry.
(d) Everything she owns.
Short Answer Questions
1. As they are flirting with each other out on the street, how does Florinda reveal her true identity to Belvile?
2. What does Angellica overhear Willmore telling Hellena as she comes onto the scene with her servant?
3. What do Belvile and Frederic do as the action escalates in the garden?
4. In teasing his friend as they go to the carnival, Captain Belvile refers to Willmore as what?
5. What does Hellena decide to do to Willmore to make him pay for his attention of another woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reason, other than the carnival, that Frederic and Blunt have come to town?
2. What is ironic about what happened between Blunt and Lucetta?
3. Why is it significant that The Rover was written by a woman?
4. How has Willmore ruined Angellica?
5. Why doesn't Florinda want to marry Don Antonio?
6. Does Moretta wear any kind of a mask?
7. Why does it seem that sometimes masks and disguises are necessary to the characters?
8. Does Hellena seem well suited to become a nun? Why or why not?
9. Why does Blunt hate all women in general?
10. Why does Florinda rush in and try to stop the duel between Pedro and Belvile?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)