|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following characters is NOT interested in marrying Florinda?
(a) Don Antonio.
(b) Don Vicentio.
(c) Captain Belvile.
(d) Ned Blunt.
2. What in particular do Belvile, Willmore, and the others find objectionable about Antonio?
(a) His stinginess.
(b) His generosity.
(c) His lack of cooperation.
(d) His bad temper.
3. What does Angellica give to Willmore after Antonio and his men depart her house?
(a) The large picture of herself.
(b) A special ring.
(c) A lock of her hair.
(d) The small picture of herself.
4. Which suitor does Florinda's father hope she will marry?
(a) Don Vicentio.
(b) Captain Belvile.
(c) Don Antonio.
(d) Ned Blunt.
5. Angellica allows which man to come inside her house without charge, something she rarely does?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florinda bring with her to the garden?
2. What are the women's attitudes toward the men in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Why doesn' t Pedro know who the Englishmen were he fought off with his sword after the attack on Florinda?
4. Many of the characters behave according to what standard?
5. What does Blunt try to take from Angellica's after the Englishmen chase off Antonio and his men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Belvile tries to help the wounded Antonio?
2. How does Belvile try to persuade Antonio to spare him?
3. Why isn't Phillippo jealous of all the attention Lucetta is paying to Blunt?
4. How has Willmore ruined Angellica?
5. What is Willmore finally showing about himself as he comes upon Florinda by herself in the garden?
6. What happens when Blunt shows Belvile the ring his victim offered as proof of her innocence?
7. What is Willmore's downfall when he encounters Antonio also waiting outside Angellica's?
8. What kind of book is Blunt reading as Florinda comes in and sees him in Belvile's house?
9. Why is Willmore's "mask" extremely precarious in Scenes 3 and 4 of Act 4?
10. Why was it so easy for Lucetta to trick Blunt?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)