|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why isn't Phillippo jealous of Lucetta flirting with Blunt?
(a) Phillippo doesn't care about Lucetta.
(b) Although Blunt has money, he is a complete fool.
(c) Although Blunt has money, he is very ugly.
(d) Phillippo knows he will kill Blunt anyway.
2. What does Hellena make Willmore promise after she catches him coming out of Angellica's house?
(a) Hellena says she will never see him again unless he marries her.
(b) Hellena says she will never see him again unless he refuses to pay her brother money.
(c) Hellena says she will never see him again unless he refuses to see Lucetta.
(d) Hellena says she will never see him again unless he refuses to see Angellica
3. What does Florinda do to test Belvile's love for her as they are standing around with Frederica and Valeria?
(a) While still in disguise, she offers him a lock of her hair as a token of her affection.
(b) She removes her disguise and offers him a ring as a token of her affection.
(c) She gives him a complicated quiz.
(d) While still in disguise, she offers him a ring as a token of her affection.
4. What kind of "mask" does Willmore show Angellica in their first meeting?
(a) The mask of the truthful cusader.
(b) The mask of the rich soldier.
(c) The mask of the poor warrior.
(d) The mask of the kind brother.
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Willmore tells Florinda before he realizes who she is in the garden?
(a) How attractive she is.
(b) That it doesn't matter that he doesn't know her name.
(c) That he is looking for a girl to marry.
(d) How honest he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angellica give to Willmore after Antonio and his men depart her house?
2. What does Florinda bring with her to the garden?
3. Why can't Willmore believe Angellica is being sincere in her offer to be with him without payment?
4. What does Florinda think of falling in love at first sight?
5. Why is the playwright speaking in the prologue as a man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Belvile tries to help the wounded Antonio?
2. Why is it important to the plot of The Rover that Florinda, Hellena and Valeria are still wearing their gypsy disguises as they meet Belvile, Wilmore, and Frederic on the street?
3. What is ironic about what happened between Blunt and Lucetta?
4. What is a striking difference between how Pedro expects Hellena and Florinda to behave and how they actually act?
5. What does removing the mask of the hardened business woman reveal about Angellica?
6. Why does Angellica persist in her attraction to Willmore despite Moretta's warnings about him?
7. Why does Blunt hate all women in general?
8. Is Willmore being truthful with Angellica at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
9. Give two examples of how the women are determined not to be taken advantage of by the men in the first act of The Rover.
10. What happens when Blunt shows Belvile the ring his victim offered as proof of her innocence?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)