|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lucetta, Sancho, and Phillippo do with Blunt's belongings?
(a) They take them to use as a disguise to escape.
(b) They go through Blunt's clothes and jewelry, taking what's valuable.
(c) They burn them because he has nothing of value.
(d) They sell them.
2. Who is Florinda waiting for in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) Belvile to give her a sign.
(b) Pedro to give her money.
(c) Belvile to take her away.
(d) Antonio to take her away.
3. Florinda is in love with which of the following characters?
(a) Ned Blunt.
(b) Captain Belvile.
(c) Don Antonio.
(d) Don Vencentio.
4. Why does Angellica think Willmore is dishonorable?
(a) She believes he wants to marry for money.
(b) She believes he uses women for his own pleasure.
(c) He has stolen from Moretta.
(d) He won't fight for her.
5. What happens to Blunt after he gets into bed with Lucetta?
(a) He falls through a trap in the bottom of the bed and disappears.
(b) He has a heart attack.
(c) He passes out from drinking too much.
(d) He falls out of the bed and bumps his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Florinda from Willmore when he is attacking her in Act 3, Scene 5?
2. As the play opens, who is about to go to a convent?
3. As they are flirting with each other out on the street, how does Florinda reveal her true identity to Belvile?
4. What comment does Pedro make as his servant tells him that Florinda is safe after the attack in the garden?
5. After he realizes he's been fooled, who besides Lucetta is Blunt angry with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Angellica want to get revenge on Willmore?
2. Why does it seem that sometimes masks and disguises are necessary to the characters?
3. What two views does Belvile have about destiny in Act 4, Scene 1?
4. What is a farce?
5. What theme of The Rover does Blunt's costume at the end of the play reinforce?
6. Why does Angellica persist in her attraction to Willmore despite Moretta's warnings about him?
7. How does Willmore feel about women in general?
8. Why doesn't Angellica let Antonio kill Willmore in Act 5, Part 2?
9. Why was it so easy for Lucetta to trick Blunt?
10. What is an "aside"?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)