|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the important symbol that appears as the characters head to the carnival?
(a) The secret note.
(b) The rover.
(c) The rose.
(d) The mask.
2. What do Belvile and Frederic do as the action escalates in the garden?
(a) They attempt to defend Willmore.
(b) They run away.
(c) They get into a fight with the guards.
(d) They run after Florinda.
3. Who is Ned Blunt infatuated with?
4. The three couples in The Rover will struggle in what way?
(a) To live the way they want instead of what society wants.
(b) To have children.
(c) To move to America.
(d) To live well beyond their means.
5. What does Blunt notice about Lucetta's home as he is led through it by Sancho in the second scene of Act 3?
(a) Her home is very dirty.
(b) Her home seems amiss.
(c) Her home is richly decorated.
(d) Her home is poorly decorated.
Short Answer Questions
1. After he realizes he's been fooled, who besides Lucetta is Blunt angry with?
2. Which suitor does Florinda's father hope she will marry?
3. Willmore tells Angellica that he disapproves of what as he banters with her in Act 2?
4. What kind of "mask" is Hellena showing to Willmore as she catches him coming out of Angellica's house?
5. What kind of "mask" does Willmore show Angellica in their first meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a farce?
2. What two views does Belvile have about destiny in Act 4, Scene 1?
3. How does the bawdy conversation between Valeria, Hellena, and Florinda at the beginning of Act 3 parallel some of the men's conversations in earlier scenes?
4. What is the overall tone of the scenes in Act 3 with Ned Blunt?
5. Why does Angellica want to get revenge on Willmore?
6. What is meant by the idea that the audience sees what they want to see?
7. What happens when Blunt shows Belvile the ring his victim offered as proof of her innocence?
8. Why was it so easy for Lucetta to trick Blunt?
9. How does Belvile respond when Antonio asks why he attacked him outside of Angellica's?
10. Why is it important to the plot of The Rover that Florinda, Hellena and Valeria are still wearing their gypsy disguises as they meet Belvile, Wilmore, and Frederic on the street?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)