|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Just as Don Pedro appears at the carnival, what does Florinda give Belvile?
(a) A love letter.
(b) A lock of her hair.
(c) A lace handkerchief.
(d) A locket.
2. How do the men of the family treat Hellena and Florinda?
(a) Like spoiled brats.
(b) Like commodities to be owned and sold.
(c) Like slaves.
(d) Like precious princesses.
3. What happens to Blunt after he gets into bed with Lucetta?
(a) He falls through a trap in the bottom of the bed and disappears.
(b) He passes out from drinking too much.
(c) He falls out of the bed and bumps his head.
(d) He has a heart attack.
4. Willmore tells Angellica that he disapproves of what as he banters with her in Act 2?
5. What thought consoles Blunt after his bad experience with Lucetta?
(a) That he's going to be okay.
(b) That he will get his revenge.
(c) That he's been through this before.
(d) That he's not the first person this kind of thing has happened to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hellena make Willmore promise after she catches him coming out of Angellica's house?
2. Why do Lucetta, Sancho, and Phillippo feel safe from Blunt's retribution?
3. The three couples in The Rover will struggle in what way?
4. Who saves Florinda from Willmore when he is attacking her in Act 3, Scene 5?
5. What are the women's attitudes toward the men in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two views does Belvile have about destiny in Act 4, Scene 1?
2. Why does Willmore believe Hellena disguised as a gypsy is a woman of quality?
3. What happens when Belvile tries to help the wounded Antonio?
4. What is meant by the idea that the audience sees what they want to see?
5. For what purposes is Hellena using the story of the unfaithful lover she tells Willmore and Angellica when she is disguised as a man in Act 4?
6. Why does Angellica want to get revenge on Willmore?
7. Why is it important to the plot of The Rover that Florinda, Hellena and Valeria are still wearing their gypsy disguises as they meet Belvile, Wilmore, and Frederic on the street?
8. As Florinda waits in the garden for Belvile, what is she finally showing about herself without any masks?
9. Why doesn't Florinda want to marry Don Antonio?
10. Is Willmore being truthful with Angellica at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)