|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Florinda can't stand which of her possible suitors?
(a) Ned Blunt.
(b) Captain Belvile.
(c) Don Vincentio.
(d) Don Antonio.
2. What was unusual about the author of this play?
(a) The author was a woman.
(b) The author grew orchids as a hobby.
(c) The author was only 11 years old.
(d) The author was a 90 year old man.
3. What kind of costumes are Hellena and Florinda wearing to the carnival?
(a) Circus acrobat costumes.
(b) Courtesan costumes.
(c) Gypsy costumes.
(d) Princess costumes.
4. Which suitor does Florinda's father hope she will marry?
(a) Don Antonio.
(b) Captain Belvile.
(c) Ned Blunt.
(d) Don Vicentio.
5. How do the men of the family treat Hellena and Florinda?
(a) Like slaves.
(b) Like spoiled brats.
(c) Like commodities to be owned and sold.
(d) Like precious princesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Rover is considered to be what kind of play?
2. Where do Florinda and Belvile make arrangements to meet when they see each other at the carnival?
3. In teasing his friend as they go to the carnival, Captain Belvile refers to Willmore as what?
4. Just as Don Pedro appears at the carnival, what does Florinda give Belvile?
5. What does Florinda tell Belvile before she leaves the garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Willmore being truthful with Angellica at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What is ironic about what happened between Blunt and Lucetta?
3. What is meant by the idea that the audience sees what they want to see?
4. How has Willmore ruined Angellica?
5. Why is Pedro in such a bad mood in Act 3, Scene 1?
6. How does Florinda feel about the way Pedro treats her and why?
7. What is a farce?
8. What two views does Belvile have about destiny in Act 4, Scene 1?
9. Why is it important to the plot of The Rover that Florinda, Hellena and Valeria are still wearing their gypsy disguises as they meet Belvile, Wilmore, and Frederic on the street?
10. What are the merits of Don Antonio as a husband?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)