|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Florinda tell Belvile before she leaves the garden?
(a) To leave her alone.
(b) To come to her window.
(c) To give a note to Hellena.
(d) To wait for her signal.
2. Why does Florinda run off after being rescued from Willmore?
(a) Florinda sees Pedro coming.
(b) Florinda is frightened.
(c) Florinda sees Hellena coming.
(d) Florinda goes to get help.
3. As they are flirting with each other out on the street, how does Florinda reveal her true identity to Belvile?
(a) Florinda gives Belvile a good kick and then leaves.
(b) Florinda gives Belvile back the ring he gave her.
(c) Florinda gives Belvile a kiss and then leaves.
(d) Florinda gives Belvile a picture of herself and then leaves.
4. What comment does Pedro make as his servant tells him that Florinda is safe after the attack in the garden?
(a) He will get his final revenge on these men.
(b) Masquerading is a disgusting custom, leading to debauchery.
(c) Masquerading is a great custom, leading to interesting encounters.
(d) Drinking and fighting are disgusting habits, leading to debauchery.
5. What does Blunt try to take from Angellica's after the Englishmen chase off Antonio and his men?
(a) The large picture of Angellica.
(b) Angellica's jewels.
(c) The small picture of Angellica.
(d) Angellica's money.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Rover contrasts what two things?
2. As Pedro leaves the first scene, what does he tell the maid Callis to do?
3. What does Angellica overhear Willmore telling Hellena as she comes onto the scene with her servant?
4. Where does Blunt end up after he leaves Lucetta's house?
5. Florinda is in love with which of the following characters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the merits of Don Antonio as a husband?
2. What core theme of The Rover is becoming clear as Antonio mistakes his prisoner Belvile for Willmore?
3. Why doesn't Angellica let Antonio kill Willmore in Act 5, Part 2?
4. How does Florinda feel about the way Pedro treats her and why?
5. Why does Angellica want to get revenge on Willmore?
6. Give two examples of how men show their disregard for women in the first act of The Rover.
7. Why is Willmore's "mask" extremely precarious in Scenes 3 and 4 of Act 4?
8. Why was it so easy for Lucetta to trick Blunt?
9. What is the reason, other than the carnival, that Frederic and Blunt have come to town?
10. Why doesn't Florinda want to marry Don Antonio?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)