|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the play, who has been banished, penniless from his homeland?
(a) Captain Belvile.
(b) Don Vicentio.
(c) Don Antonio.
(d) Don Pedro.
2. Why isn't Phillippo jealous of Lucetta flirting with Blunt?
(a) Phillippo knows he will kill Blunt anyway.
(b) Although Blunt has money, he is very ugly.
(c) Although Blunt has money, he is a complete fool.
(d) Phillippo doesn't care about Lucetta.
3. The Rover is considered to be what kind of play?
(a) Situation comedy.
(b) Sketch comedy.
(d) A Restoration Comedy.
4. Who is Frederic flirting with out on the street in front of Angellica's home?
(a) Frederic is flirting with Valeria.
(b) Frederic is flirting with Lucetta.
(c) Frederic is flirting with Hellena.
(d) Frederic is flirting with Florinda.
5. What happens to Blunt after he gets into bed with Lucetta?
(a) He falls through a trap in the bottom of the bed and disappears.
(b) He has a heart attack.
(c) He passes out from drinking too much.
(d) He falls out of the bed and bumps his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Florinda is in love with which of the following characters?
2. What does Florinda do to test Belvile's love for her as they are standing around with Frederica and Valeria?
3. Why doesn't Willmore wear his mask to the carnival?
4. What lie does Willmore tell Hellena when she approaches from the shadows in the first scene of Act 3?
5. Why do Lucetta, Sancho, and Phillippo feel safe from Blunt's retribution?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Angellica let Antonio kill Willmore in Act 5, Part 2?
2. Why does Blunt hate all women in general?
3. What happens when Belvile tries to help the wounded Antonio?
4. Why is it significant that The Rover was written by a woman?
5. Why does Angellica want to get revenge on Willmore?
6. What kind of book is Blunt reading as Florinda comes in and sees him in Belvile's house?
7. How does Belvile respond when Antonio asks why he attacked him outside of Angellica's?
8. What is the overall tone of the scenes in Act 3 with Ned Blunt?
9. What is a striking difference between how Pedro expects Hellena and Florinda to behave and how they actually act?
10. How does Belvile plan to give Florinda time to escape from Pedro's house?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)