|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Blunt, what kind of things could Lucetta teach the prostitutes of England?
(a) A song about Italy.
(b) A lesson in love.
(c) A lesson in generosity .
(d) A love song about France.
2. Why does Willmore offer to join forces and finances with the other merchants of the town?
(a) To destroy Don Antonio.
(b) To afford to be with Angellica.
(c) To go to the carnival.
(d) To start a war.
3. What comment does Pedro make as his servant tells him that Florinda is safe after the attack in the garden?
(a) Drinking and fighting are disgusting habits, leading to debauchery.
(b) Masquerading is a disgusting custom, leading to debauchery.
(c) Masquerading is a great custom, leading to interesting encounters.
(d) He will get his final revenge on these men.
4. According to the playwright, the audience comes to see The Rover for what reason?
(a) The amazing acrobatics they will see.
(b) The witty comments they will be able to make after the play.
(c) To be moved by the beautiful acting.
(d) To see the skimpy costumes.
5. Who is Frederic flirting with out on the street in front of Angellica's home?
(a) Frederic is flirting with Florinda.
(b) Frederic is flirting with Hellena.
(c) Frederic is flirting with Valeria.
(d) Frederic is flirting with Lucetta.
Short Answer Questions
1. The three couples in The Rover will struggle in what way?
2. What does Angellica reveal in an aside to the audience as Willmore attempts to seduce her?
3. The Rover is considered to be what kind of play?
4. Willmore tells Angellica that he disapproves of what as he banters with her in Act 2?
5. What does Blunt try to take from Angellica's after the Englishmen chase off Antonio and his men?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Pedro in such a bad mood in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. Why does Angellica want to get revenge on Willmore?
3. Why doesn't Florinda want to marry Don Antonio?
4. What is the overall tone of the scenes in Act 3 with Ned Blunt?
5. What is Angellica "masking" as she meets Willmore for the first time?
6. Why does Florinda rush in and try to stop the duel between Pedro and Belvile?
7. What happens when Willmore tries to make a joke to Belvile about his attack on Florinda?
8. Is Willmore being truthful with Angellica at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
9. Why is Willmore's "mask" extremely precarious in Scenes 3 and 4 of Act 4?
10. Does Moretta wear any kind of a mask?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)