|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Behn choose to have a male playwright to speak in the Prologue?
(a) Behn is poking fun at woman.
(b) Behn is a man.
(c) To make a point about the costumes of male characters.
(d) To make a point about the role of woman in society.
2. Why is the playwright speaking in the prologue as a man?
(a) The audience is deaf.
(b) The play was written by a man.
(c) The audience is always just men.
(d) The audience prefers a male playwright over a female.
3. As Blunt walks away from the carnival to follow Lucetta, what do his friends comment about him?
(a) He has no money with him.
(b) He has all their money.
(c) He is a great guy.
(d) He was a war hero.
4. The Rover is considered to be what kind of play?
(a) Sketch comedy.
(c) A Restoration Comedy.
(d) Situation comedy.
5. Which suitor does Florinda's brother Pedro hope she will marry?
(a) Don Antonio.
(b) Don Vicentio.
(c) Captain Belvile.
(d) Ned Blunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Florinda can't stand which of her possible suitors?
2. As Pedro leaves the first scene, what does he tell the maid Callis to do?
3. What comment does Pedro make as his servant tells him that Florinda is safe after the attack in the garden?
4. Angellica allows which man to come inside her house without charge, something she rarely does?
5. Why does Florinda run off after being rescued from Willmore?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Angellica persist in her attraction to Willmore despite Moretta's warnings about him?
2. Why does Florinda rush in and try to stop the duel between Pedro and Belvile?
3. As Florinda waits in the garden for Belvile, what is she finally showing about herself without any masks?
4. What is Willmore finally showing about himself as he comes upon Florinda by herself in the garden?
5. What is ironic about what happened between Blunt and Lucetta?
6. What are the merits of Don Antonio as a husband?
7. How has Willmore ruined Angellica?
8. How does Belvile try to persuade Antonio to spare him?
9. What two views does Belvile have about destiny in Act 4, Scene 1?
10. How does Belvile respond when Antonio asks why he attacked him outside of Angellica's?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)