|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of "mask" is Hellena showing to Willmore as she catches him coming out of Angellica's house?
(a) Hellena puts on a mask of a true lover as she pretends to be falling for him.
(b) Hellena puts on a mask of a nun as she pretends to be falling for him.
(c) Hellena puts on a mask of hatred as she pretends not to be falling for him.
(d) Hellena puts on a mask of indifference as she pretends not to be falling for him.
2. What does Willmore reveal in an aside to the audience in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He believes Angellica love Antonio.
(b) He can't stop thinking about Hellena.
(c) He believes Angellica is manipulating him.
(d) He is falling in love with Angellica.
3. Just as Don Pedro appears at the carnival, what does Florinda give Belvile?
(a) A love letter.
(b) A locket.
(c) A lace handkerchief.
(d) A lock of her hair.
4. The three couples in The Rover will struggle in what way?
(a) To live the way they want instead of what society wants.
(b) To have children.
(c) To live well beyond their means.
(d) To move to America.
5. Who is Florinda waiting for in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) Belvile to take her away.
(b) Pedro to give her money.
(c) Antonio to take her away.
(d) Belvile to give her a sign.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the playwright speaking in the prologue as a man?
2. What does Angellica overhear Willmore telling Hellena as she comes onto the scene with her servant?
3. How does Hellena intend to get into the carnival?
4. Why does Behn choose to have a male playwright to speak in the Prologue?
5. What does Blunt tell Lucetta as he prepares to get into bed with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Belvile try to persuade Antonio to spare him?
2. Why does Angellica want to get revenge on Willmore?
3. Is Willmore being truthful with Angellica at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Why doesn't Angellica let Antonio kill Willmore in Act 5, Part 2?
5. Why was it so easy for Lucetta to trick Blunt?
6. How does Willmore feel about women in general?
7. What happens when Willmore tries to make a joke to Belvile about his attack on Florinda?
8. What does the Epilogue say about the audience?
9. How does Florinda feel about the way Pedro treats her and why?
10. What is ironic about Pedro's last comment in Act 3, Scene 5?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)