|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pedro react when he sees Willmore, Belvile, and Frederic in his garden?
(a) He draws his sword and fights Willmore.
(b) He punches Willmore in the face.
(c) He runs after Florinda.
(d) He calls his guards to attack the men.
2. Willmore is willing to pay any price to be with Angellica because she is_______.
(a) "divinely powerful."
(b) "utterly alluring."
(c) "truly lovely."
(d) "dangerously beautiful."
3. Who is Ned Blunt infatuated with?
4. Which one of the following characters is NOT interested in marrying Florinda?
(a) Don Vicentio.
(b) Ned Blunt.
(c) Don Antonio.
(d) Captain Belvile.
5. According to Blunt, what kind of things could Lucetta teach the prostitutes of England?
(a) A love song about France.
(b) A lesson in love.
(c) A song about Italy.
(d) A lesson in generosity .
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Willmore offer to join forces and finances with the other merchants of the town?
2. As he agrees to the duel, who does Don Antonio believe that the disguised Pedro really is?
3. What does Willmore reveal in an aside to the audience in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Why can't Willmore believe Angellica is being sincere in her offer to be with him without payment?
5. What state is Willmore in when he sees Florinda waiting for Belvile in the garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Willmore feel about women in general?
2. How does Belvile try to persuade Antonio to spare him?
3. What is a striking difference between how Pedro expects Hellena and Florinda to behave and how they actually act?
4. Why isn't Phillippo jealous of all the attention Lucetta is paying to Blunt?
5. Why does Florinda rush in and try to stop the duel between Pedro and Belvile?
6. What kind of book is Blunt reading as Florinda comes in and sees him in Belvile's house?
7. Why was it so easy for Lucetta to trick Blunt?
8. What is an "aside"?
9. What theme of The Rover does Blunt's costume at the end of the play reinforce?
10. How does Belvile plan to give Florinda time to escape from Pedro's house?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)