|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the men of the family treat Hellena and Florinda?
(a) Like commodities to be owned and sold.
(b) Like slaves.
(c) Like spoiled brats.
(d) Like precious princesses.
2. Why does Florinda run off after being rescued from Willmore?
(a) Florinda sees Hellena coming.
(b) Florinda sees Pedro coming.
(c) Florinda goes to get help.
(d) Florinda is frightened.
3. Even though she is angry with Willmore, what does Hellena realize about him as he tries to explain where he has been?
(a) Hellena confesses she can't be angry with him because he is so handsome.
(b) Hellena confesses she can't be angry with him because he is obviously telling the truth.
(c) Hellena confesses she can't be angry with him because she does not care about him.
(d) Hellena confesses she can't be angry with him because he lies so flatteringly.
4. Who does Hellena flirt with as they approach the carnival?
(b) Ned Blunt.
(c) Captain Belvile.
(d) Captain Willmore.
5. What does Willmore reveal in an aside to the audience in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He believes Angellica is manipulating him.
(b) He is falling in love with Angellica.
(c) He can't stop thinking about Hellena.
(d) He believes Angellica love Antonio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willmore do when he sees Angellica walking away from him in the second part of Act 4, Scene 2?
2. Why is the playwright speaking in the prologue as a man?
3. When is Florinda to meet Belvile so they can finally run away together after Pedro thinks she is locked in her room?
4. What does Blunt tell Lucetta as he prepares to get into bed with her?
5. In teasing his friend as they go to the carnival, Captain Belvile refers to Willmore as what?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)