|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After stepping out of sight of the approaching Englishmen in the beginning of Act 3, what does Hellena overhear Willmore telling his friends?
(a) He professes his love for the gypsy girl.
(b) He professes his love for Angellica.
(c) He brags loudly about his many conquests.
(d) He brags happily about good a time he had with Angellica.
2. Which of the following is NOT an example of foreshadowing in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Blunt's comment about being robbed by prostitutes.
(b) Pedro's comment that Florinda will find true love.
(c) Belvile's calling Willmore the rover.
(d) Frederic's comment that he hopes Luceta will teach Blunt a lesson.
3. Many of the characters behave according to what standard?
(a) What they want to believe instead of what is actually in front of them.
(b) The rules of the church.
(c) The rules of the land.
(d) The king's commands.
4. What does Willmore do after he duels Antonio over Angellica?
(a) He sleeps with Angellica.
(b) He flees.
(c) He attends to Antonio's wounds.
(d) He attends to his own wounds.
5. After he realizes he's been fooled, who besides Lucetta is Blunt angry with?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hellena intend to get into the carnival?
2. Angellica allows which man to come inside her house without charge, something she rarely does?
3. Because he can see how much the duel with her brother is upsetting Florinda, what unexpected thing does Belvile do?
4. What happens when Willmore comes in with Frederic and sees Belvile with Pedro and Florinda after the duel?
5. What attractive woman does Willmore begin to follow as everyone heads out to the street in Act 4, Scene 3?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)