|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Florinda think of falling in love at first sight?
(a) It is how she fell in love.
(b) It is foolish and impulsive.
(c) It is dangerous.
(d) It is romantic and sexy.
2. How do the men of the family treat Hellena and Florinda?
(a) Like precious princesses.
(b) Like spoiled brats.
(c) Like commodities to be owned and sold.
(d) Like slaves.
3. What does Hellena make Willmore promise after she catches him coming out of Angellica's house?
(a) Hellena says she will never see him again unless he refuses to see Angellica
(b) Hellena says she will never see him again unless he marries her.
(c) Hellena says she will never see him again unless he refuses to see Lucetta.
(d) Hellena says she will never see him again unless he refuses to pay her brother money.
4. Why does Behn choose to have a male playwright to speak in the Prologue?
(a) To make a point about the costumes of male characters.
(b) Behn is a man.
(c) Behn is poking fun at woman.
(d) To make a point about the role of woman in society.
5. Angellica says she would be less upset if she gave ____________ to Willmore instead of her heart.
(a) A Ring.
(d) A Vow.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Belvile show himself to be an honorable man to Pedro after Willmore draws his sword to attack Pedro?
2. In Act 4, Scene 5 why is Blunt happy to see Florinda?
3. After he realizes he's been fooled, who besides Lucetta is Blunt angry with?
4. Why does Florinda assume the duel is between Pedro and Belvile?
5. Why does Angellica think Willmore is dishonorable?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)