|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Willmore angry as he enters the garden and sees Florinda waiting for Belvile?
(a) He is angry with Hellena and Belvile for leaving him alone.
(b) He is angry with Belvile and Blunt for leaving him alone.
(c) He is angry with Belvile and Frederic for leaving him alone.
(d) He is angry with Belvile and Frederic for letting him drink too much.
2. How does Belvile speak to the audience about his true feelings in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) In a monologue.
(b) In an aside.
(c) In a double entendre.
(d) In soliloquy.
3. Why can't Willmore believe Angellica is being sincere in her offer to be with him without payment?
(a) He has been cheated too many times.
(b) She is a known liar.
(c) He has heard her lies before.
(d) He loves her too much.
4. Angellica allows which man to come inside her house without charge, something she rarely does?
5. What is the focus of Act 3, Scene 6?
(a) Developing the plot through narrator explantion.
(b) Providing a love story between Willmore and Angellica.
(c) Developing the plot through confrontation.
(d) Providing comic relief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hellena flirt with as they approach the carnival?
2. What is the general attitude of men toward women in the scene at the beginning of the carnival?
3. What does Florinda do to test Belvile's love for her as they are standing around with Frederica and Valeria?
4. As he agrees to the duel, who does Don Antonio believe that the disguised Pedro really is?
5. How does Belvile show himself to be an honorable man to Pedro after Willmore draws his sword to attack Pedro?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)