|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, how does Belvile know that it is not possible for Willmore to approach Angellica yet?
(a) There is a red flag hanging on her door.
(b) The open sign hasn't yet been hung outside.
(c) The painting advertising her availability hasn't yet been hung outside.
(d) The gate is closed.
2. How can Belvile win his freedom from Antonio in Act 4?
(a) Leaving the city immediately.
(b) Taking Antonio's place in the duel to be fought at midnight.
(c) Pay Antonio a large sum of money.
(d) Taking Antonio's place in the duel to be fought tomorrow morning.
3. Willmore urges Angellica to be governed by her love not ___________.
4. As the duel has abruptly come to an end, what conclusion does Pedro come to about "Antonio"?
(a) He truly loves Florinda.
(b) He truly loves Angellica.
(c) He is Belvile.
(d) He is a coward,
5. What does Antonio accuse Belvile of doing as he mistakes him for Willmore, who has already left the scene?
(a) Attacking Angellica.
(b) Attacking him once.
(c) Robbing him.
(d) Attacking him twice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hellena worry in an aside in Act 4, Scene 2 that all her hopes for love from Willmore are about to be destroyed?
2. What is a "double entendre"?
3. What state is Willmore in when he sees Florinda waiting for Belvile in the garden?
4. Why is Florinda's servant unable to tell her who Pedro is about to confront for the duel?
5. What does Pedro say as he enters Act 2, scene 4 disguised in a mask and ready for his duel?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)