|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the men of the family treat Hellena and Florinda?
(a) Like commodities to be owned and sold.
(b) Like spoiled brats.
(c) Like slaves.
(d) Like precious princesses.
2. Why does Hellena worry in an aside in Act 4, Scene 2 that all her hopes for love from Willmore are about to be destroyed?
(a) He is professing his love for Angellica.
(b) He recognizes her through her disguise.
(c) He is after Angellica's money.
(d) He is going to leave the country soon.
3. What does Blunt notice about Lucetta's home as he is led through it by Sancho in the second scene of Act 3?
(a) Her home is poorly decorated.
(b) Her home is very dirty.
(c) Her home is richly decorated.
(d) Her home seems amiss.
4. Where is Belvile headed before he comes upon the duel between Willmore and Antonio?
(a) To confront Pedro.
(b) To wait under Florinda's window.
(c) To find Blunt.
(d) To wait for Florinda at the garden gate.
5. What does Hellena intend to find at the carnival?
(a) A good bargain.
(b) A locket.
(c) A lover.
(d) A special cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the playwright, the audience comes to see The Rover for what reason?
2. As they are flirting with each other out on the street, how does Florinda reveal her true identity to Belvile?
3. What state is Willmore in when he sees Florinda waiting for Belvile in the garden?
4. What happens when Willmore challenges Antonio to a duel?
5. Where does Antonio order Belvile to be taken by the soldiers of town after they arrest him?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)