|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frederic tell Willmore is very dangerous as he goes into Angellica's house for the first time?
(a) To anger Antonio.
(b) To be with an angry courtesan.
(c) To pay a courtesan money.
(d) To anger Blunt.
2. What does Blunt notice about Lucetta's home as he is led through it by Sancho in the second scene of Act 3?
(a) Her home seems amiss.
(b) Her home is poorly decorated.
(c) Her home is very dirty.
(d) Her home is richly decorated.
3. Because he can see how much the duel with her brother is upsetting Florinda, what unexpected thing does Belvile do?
(a) He wounds Pedro.
(b) He calls upon his friends to help fight.
(c) He lays his sword at Florinda's feet.
(d) He flees the scene.
4. Why do soldiers of the town arrest Belvile?
(a) They assume he is the man who assulted Antonio.
(b) They catch him stealing from Antonio.
(c) They catch him attacking Angellica.
(d) They assume he is the man who assulted Willmore.
5. After stepping out of sight of the approaching Englishmen in the beginning of Act 3, what does Hellena overhear Willmore telling his friends?
(a) He brags loudly about his many conquests.
(b) He professes his love for Angellica.
(c) He brags happily about good a time he had with Angellica.
(d) He professes his love for the gypsy girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following characters is NOT interested in marrying Florinda?
2. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, how does Belvile know that it is not possible for Willmore to approach Angellica yet?
3. Whose servant has been told to follow Willmore and discover which woman he is pursuing in Act 4?
4. How is Belvile taking a chance of ruining his happiness with Florinda?
5. Who saves Florinda from Willmore when he is attacking her in Act 3, Scene 5?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)