|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hellena intend to find at the carnival?
(a) A locket.
(b) A special cake.
(c) A lover.
(d) A good bargain.
2. Why is Florinda worried about Belvile at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) He did not come to the garden gate as planned.
(b) He has been drinking too much.
(c) He did not come to her window as planned.
(d) He is going to duel Antonio for her.
3. What does Willmore do when he sees Angellica walking away from him in the second part of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Runs after her.
(b) Shrugs and walks away.
(c) Sings her a love song.
(d) Goes in search of Hellena.
4. What do the Englishmen decide to do to pass the time and bolster their spirits after all the women depart from the street in front of Angellica's?
(a) Go sailing.
(b) Go to the carnival.
(c) Go drinking.
(d) Go pick a fight.
5. How does Hellena intend to get into the carnival?
(a) By dressing to look like her sister.
(b) By wearing a disguise.
(c) By paying double the entrance fee.
(d) By sneaking into a back gate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't the playwright want to say anything to welcome the audience?
2. Whose honor does Belvile believe Antonio is defending in the duel with Pedro?
3. Who does Angellica think Willmore is in love with after she has him followed?
4. Many of the characters behave according to what standard?
5. How does Angellica respond to "the boy"?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)