|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hellena intend to find at the carnival?
(a) A lover.
(b) A special cake.
(c) A good bargain.
(d) A locket.
2. The Rover contrasts what two things?
(a) Good versus evil.
(b) How the characters act versus others' acting ability.
(c) The Montagues and the Capulets
(d) What the characters say versus how they actually feel.
3. Which one of the following characters is NOT interested in marrying Florinda?
(a) Ned Blunt.
(b) Don Antonio.
(c) Captain Belvile.
(d) Don Vicentio.
4. What does Blunt try to take from Angellica's after the Englishmen chase off Antonio and his men?
(a) Angellica's jewels.
(b) Angellica's money.
(c) The small picture of Angellica.
(d) The large picture of Angellica.
5. The Rover is considered to be what kind of play?
(a) Sketch comedy.
(c) A Restoration Comedy.
(d) Situation comedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In teasing his friend as they go to the carnival, Captain Belvile refers to Willmore as what?
2. Angellica allows which man to come inside her house without charge, something she rarely does?
3. Why does Willmore offer to join forces and finances with the other merchants of the town?
4. Why does Behn choose to have a male playwright to speak in the Prologue?
5. What are Frederic and Ned Blunt teasing Captain Belvile about in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)