|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What in particular do Belvile, Willmore, and the others find objectionable about Antonio?
(a) His bad temper.
(b) His stinginess.
(c) His lack of cooperation.
(d) His generosity.
2. What was unusual about the author of this play?
(a) The author grew orchids as a hobby.
(b) The author was only 11 years old.
(c) The author was a 90 year old man.
(d) The author was a woman.
3. What does Florinda intend to do at the carnival?
(a) Dance all night.
(b) Give a note to Captain Belvile.
(c) Run away.
(d) Kiss her future husband.
4. As he agrees to the duel, who does Don Antonio believe that the disguised Pedro really is?
5. Just as Don Pedro appears at the carnival, what does Florinda give Belvile?
(a) A love letter.
(b) A lock of her hair.
(c) A locket.
(d) A lace handkerchief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willmore promise to give Angellica in the second act of The Rover?
2. Why does Pedro challenge Don Antonio to a duel outside of Angellica's?
3. What is the general attitude of men toward women in the scene at the beginning of the carnival?
4. Willmore tells Angellica that he disapproves of what as he banters with her in Act 2?
5. Why does Angellica think Willmore is dishonorable?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)