|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Florinda intend to do at the carnival?
(a) Kiss her future husband.
(b) Give a note to Captain Belvile.
(c) Run away.
(d) Dance all night.
2. How does Hellena intend to get into the carnival?
(a) By paying double the entrance fee.
(b) By sneaking into a back gate.
(c) By dressing to look like her sister.
(d) By wearing a disguise.
3. What does Blunt try to take from Angellica's after the Englishmen chase off Antonio and his men?
(a) The small picture of Angellica.
(b) Angellica's money.
(c) Angellica's jewels.
(d) The large picture of Angellica.
4. What does Frederic tell Willmore is very dangerous as he goes into Angellica's house for the first time?
(a) To anger Antonio.
(b) To be with an angry courtesan.
(c) To anger Blunt.
(d) To pay a courtesan money.
5. In teasing his friend as they go to the carnival, Captain Belvile refers to Willmore as what?
(a) The casanova.
(b) The captain.
(c) The rover.
(d) The sailor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What little thing do Willmore and Antonio duel over in Act 2?
2. As Blunt walks away from the carnival to follow Lucetta, what do his friends comment about him?
3. What does Willmore promise to give Angellica in the second act of The Rover?
4. What are the women's attitudes toward the men in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Many of the characters behave according to what standard?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)