|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Angellica think Willmore is dishonorable?
(a) She believes he wants to marry for money.
(b) She believes he uses women for his own pleasure.
(c) He has stolen from Moretta.
(d) He won't fight for her.
2. Why does Pedro challenge Don Antonio to a duel outside of Angellica's?
(a) To avenge Hellena's honor.
(b) Over money Antonio owes him.
(c) Over who gets Angellica first.
(d) To avenge for his father's death.
3. According to the playwright, the audience comes to see The Rover for what reason?
(a) To see the skimpy costumes.
(b) The witty comments they will be able to make after the play.
(c) The amazing acrobatics they will see.
(d) To be moved by the beautiful acting.
4. What is the general attitude of men toward women in the scene at the beginning of the carnival?
(a) Woman are to be taken care of and loved.
(b) Women are sexual objects to be own or traded around.
(c) Women are lovely creatures to be worshipped.
(d) Women are meant to be wives and mothers.
5. What kind of "mask" does Willmore show Angellica in their first meeting?
(a) The mask of the poor warrior.
(b) The mask of the kind brother.
(c) The mask of the truthful cusader.
(d) The mask of the rich soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which suitor does Florinda's father hope she will marry?
2. As the play opens, who is about to go to a convent?
3. What does Frederic tell Willmore is very dangerous as he goes into Angellica's house for the first time?
4. Florinda can't stand which of her possible suitors?
5. How do the men of the family treat Hellena and Florinda?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)