|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter LV - LXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people live in Carson City?
(a) Two thousand.
(b) Twelve thousand.
(c) Ten thousand.
(d) Three throusand.
2. How often are the horses switched that are pulling the mail coach on the way to Carson City?
(a) Every twenty miles.
(b) Every ten miles.
(c) Every five miles.
(d) Every fifteen miles.
3. How many days have the travelers been riding in the stage coach when they encounter the Goshoot Indians?
4. How does Blakely threaten the jury at Nookes' trial?
(a) To shoot the jurors if they do not find Nookes guilty.
(b) To shoot the jurors if they do not find Nookes innocent.
(c) To arrest the jurors if they do not find Nookes guilty.
(d) To arrest the jurors if they do not find Nookes innocent.
5. What eventually happens to Jules?
(a) He is killed by Slade.
(b) He disappears and is never heard from again.
(c) He is killed by Indians.
(d) He is run over by a stagecoach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator examine for an hour in a mine in order to write an article?
2. Where does the narrator's mining crew decide to visit after they stop digging their tunnels?
3. How is the coyote described in the story?
4. What moves Morgan's house on top of Hyde's ranch?
5. When the party reaches Esmeralda, how much do they conclude that the claims they have are worth?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)