|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XL - XLVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the narrator recounts, who is the stage carrying that the Goshoot Indians once attacked?
(a) A judge.
(b) A mayor.
(c) A senator.
(d) A lawyer.
2. How are the names given to the accumulated claims described?
3. What do the assayers do?
(a) Negotiate the salaries of the workers in the mines.
(b) Evaluate the content of the rocks being mined.
(c) Negotiate the type of payment for the rocks being mined.
(d) Evaluate the working conditions of the mines.
4. What moves Morgan's house on top of Hyde's ranch?
(a) A landslide.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A hurricane.
(d) An avalanche.
5. How many miles do the narrator and his friends travel across the desert over a fifteen day period in search of silver?
(a) Two hundred miles.
(b) Five hundred miles.
(c) Four hundred miles.
(d) Three hundred miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Slade born?
2. What does Slade reportedly do while he is being hung?
3. What is the Wide West?
4. Where is the author traveling to?
5. During their second unsuccessful attempt at starting a fire, how many matches does the party burn?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)