|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XL - XLVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Slade develop a reputation for being a fearless fighter?
(a) By taking on the Indians.
(b) By taking on the union.
(c) By taking on the Pony Express.
(d) By taking on the army.
2. How long do the travelers stay at Salt Lake City before packing food and leaving?
(a) Three days.
(b) One week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two days.
3. When the party reaches Esmeralda, how much do they conclude that the claims they have are worth?
(a) Half the amount they thought.
(b) Twice the amount they thought.
(d) Three times the amount they thought.
4. How many feet of dirt is Hyde's ranch buried underneath?
5. When do the narrator and his friends begin their trip to mine for silver?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people has Slade killed, as mentioned in the book?
2. What is Twain examining in Roughing It?
3. What does the referee decide in the court case between Hyde and Morgan?
4. Who does the narrator get to sign the requests for money to the government in order to help his brother?
5. What species feed around Mono Lake?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)