|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XL - XLVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that the narrator envies the most about his brother's new job?
(a) The money.
(b) The social advantages.
(c) The hours.
(d) The status.
2. How much equipment is loaded into the wagon that the narrator and his friends take to the mountains for mining?
(a) Two thousand pounds.
(b) Eighteen hundred pounds.
(c) Twenty-two hundred pounds.
(d) Nineteen hundred pounds.
3. How many feet of dirt is Hyde's ranch buried underneath?
4. How do the other travelers react to Bemis' story about the buffalo that chased him?
(a) They believe some of it.
(b) They do not believe it.
(c) They believe most of it.
(d) They believe it.
5. How long does the narrator's crew rest in Carson City before heading back to Esmeralda?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Four days.
(c) Two days.
(d) One week.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many followers of the Governor does Mrs. O'Flannigan's ranch host?
2. What is it about the economy and people that the author is concentrating on?
3. Where is the mining business taking place during the time the book was written?
4. How long does the mining crew spend digging a shaft in their newly claimed mountainside?
5. According to the driver, what lake do the Mormons gather saleratus from?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)