|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XL - XLVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Germans go after finding the Whiteman Cement Mine?
2. What does the narrator ask his superior to raise his salary to after the first week of working in the mill?
(a) $200,000 yearly.
(b) $200,000 monthly.
(c) $400,000 monthly.
(d) $400,000 yearly.
3. Where does the narrator finally enjoy a great breakfast?
(a) Pleasant Hill.
(b) Horseshoe Lake.
(c) Green River.
4. How many miles do the narrator and his friends travel across the desert over a fifteen day period in search of silver?
(a) Four hundred miles.
(b) Five hundred miles.
(c) Three hundred miles.
(d) Two hundred miles.
5. What idea does the mining party abandon the digging of their mine for?
(a) Trading the claimed ledges.
(b) Using dynamite.
(c) Using hired men to dig for them.
(d) Selling the claimed ledges.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about the economy and people that the author is concentrating on?
2. How often are the horses switched that are pulling the mail coach on the way to Carson City?
3. How far have the narrator and his brother traveled from their departure when they reach Overland City?
4. What is the Wide West?
5. As the weapon carried by Bemis, what is the Allen revolver known for?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)